+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

5th draw over. 481 points and 1620 invites..

haznac

Jan 29, 2015
Izmir, Turkey
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Auone said:
Guys, most of us got invited under FSW yesterday. My question is, how do you plan to address the proof of fund requirement? this of course applies to people like me who do not have enough funds and were counting on CEC?
I don't think you can address it in a convincing way if you don't have the funds. Speaking from my experience last year with FSW 2014, you just need to have that money in a time deposit account, and you shouldn't touch it until the PR process is completed. Again, speaking from experience, CIC agents are very bureaucratic people, and there is no room for interpretation or goodwill at all.

Last year, I got my application returned to me on grounds that they were not convinced I had at least 1 year of work experience, because I had not sent any bank statements showing the transactions. However, I had sent 9 reference letters all of which had included the amounts paid to me during my 7 years of freelance career, which had been put on paper by my clients and not by me (so it was not self-declared). AND I had attached a letter in the relevant page in my application, saying that I had all the bank transactions, but it was a 40-page statement and certified translation would cost a small fortune in my country. I also had added I would certainly send the transaction list no matter the cost if they needed me to. Despite that, they did not use any initiative, such as asking for bank statements, and they preferred to call it an incomplete application package, thus returning it all together, dismissing months of efforts putting those documents together and effectively ruining my chances of immigration that year.

So it might be somewhere 'very difficult' to 'impossible' to reason with a CIC agent. They just look at the facts.

kristelgen

Star Member
May 1, 2012
PHILIPPINES
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
MANILA
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
NA
AOR Received.
JUNE 14 2017
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
haznac said:
I don't think you can address it in a convincing way if you don't have the funds. Speaking from my experience last year with FSW 2014, you just need to have that money in a time deposit account, and you shouldn't touch it until the PR process is completed. Again, speaking from experience, CIC agents are very bureaucratic people, and there is no room for interpretation or goodwill at all.

Last year, I got my application returned to me on grounds that they were not convinced I had at least 1 year of work experience, because I had not sent any bank statements showing the transactions. However, I had sent 9 reference letters all of which had included the amounts paid to me during my 7 years of freelance career, which had been put on paper by my clients and not by me (so it was not self-declared). AND I had attached a letter in the relevant page in my application, saying that I had all the bank transactions, but it was a 40-page statement and certified translation would cost a small fortune in my country. I also had added I would certainly send the transaction list no matter the cost if they needed me to. Despite that, they did not use any initiative, such as asking for bank statements, and they preferred to call it an incomplete application package, thus returning it all together, dismissing months of efforts putting those documents together and effectively ruining my chances of immigration that year.

So it might be somewhere 'very difficult' to 'impossible' to reason with a CIC agent. They just look at the facts.

I totally agree with you. That is the main reason why my consultant advised me to freeze my declared settlement fund during the PR process. He explained that officers will be looking at my documents from time to time and validate the fund.

uxd

Feb 27, 2015
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-09-2015
AOR Received.
01-09-2015
Med's Done....
04-09-2015
Passport Req..
16-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
6-11-2015 copr rcvd
kristelgen said:
I totally agree with you. That is the main reason why my consultant advised me to freeze my declared settlement fund during the PR process. He explained that officers will be looking at my documents from time to time and validate the fund.
How abt if the person is already working FT paid in Canada. Do we still have to show funds?

pziegler1986

Star Member
Jan 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
uxd said:
How abt if the person is already working FT paid in Canada. Do we still have to show funds?
I'm assuming if you are selected under FSW then yes, you will have to.

uxd

Feb 27, 2015
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-09-2015
AOR Received.
01-09-2015
Med's Done....
04-09-2015
Passport Req..
16-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
6-11-2015 copr rcvd
pziegler1986 said:
I'm assuming if you are selected under FSW then yes, you will have to.
Not according to this: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp
It says if I am authorized to work in Canada or if I have a job offer here, I don't need to show the funds.

kristelgen

Star Member
May 1, 2012
PHILIPPINES
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
MANILA
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
NA
AOR Received.
JUNE 14 2017
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
uxd said:
Not according to this: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp
It says if I am authorized to work in Canada or if I have a job offer here, I don't need to show the funds.
You are right. I'm only pertaining about candidates in FSWP without any job offer.

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
If your application requires Funds, it is as important as having 67 points or work in a skilled NOC. Sometimes they ask you to provide 6 months of bank statements to prove the funds are yours and not a borrowed amount. The purpose is to provide a safety net between landing and finding a job. This is why they do not require funds in situations where a job offer is involved.
If you do a search for POF on the FSW forums you will find many discussions and sad realities. I am wondering if there will be some refused ITA as the points drop was so swift and some people may have thought they would have more time to accumulate the reqired Funds.

blackbeast

Star Member
Jul 18, 2014
how about considering provident fund accounts representing proof of funds? i have a PF account & a fixed deposit as my POF. Is this acceptable?

business-mgr

Feb 4, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats to all who made it ! I have 497 points but haven’t received ITA. Is job bank registration a mandatory requirement for ITA?

Auone

Aug 20, 2013
London, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP_Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yeah there is no doubt POF is a must for FSW. But this is whats annoying me. Throughout my applicatuon, I have maintained that I do not have sufficient funds. In this case, shouldn't the system automatucally revert to CEC for me? Should I refuse the ITA?

Auone

Aug 20, 2013
London, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP_Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am currently working in Canada but then the problem is that my job is LMIA exempt. So its not exactly 'arranged' employment as per definition.

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
blackbeast said:
how about considering provident fund accounts representing proof of funds? i have a PF account & a fixed deposit as my POF. Is this acceptable?
I am not familiar with Provident funds. I looked it up and it appears to be a Pension Fund. These funds would not be acceptable as they are not liquid funds that you could use to support yourself on arrival in Canada. The cost of living is high here. The amount of funds required is not excessive if you have to support yourself for a while before finding good employment.

mub.rx

Dec 19, 2012
Hello everyone,

Congratulations to everyone who have got ITA. I wish I was one of them. I dint expect cut off range would be less 500 but I had a feeling it will as 5th draw took time. But I am glad it did.

I have applied under FSW category and my score is 386. I was wondering how long would it take for draws to go to this range.

Any guess. I would appreciate your reply.

YamPower

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2015
Med's Done....
14-04-2015
Passport Req..
09-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2015
LANDED..........
13-11-2015
I need to request my UK police certificate because my score is 465. Should get ITA soon.