+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

50 Points to ICT/NAFTA Work Permit

upmanit

Star Member
Jul 19, 2015
Once New Changes are applied in EE, Folks working in Canada on ICT\NAFTA Permit will get 50 points automatically added to their profile? Does some update in Profile is required to allow this addition and post addition of points does some sort of document from employer is required by CIC to substantiate these point.

ashu1710

Nov 7, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
21-12-2016
upmanit said:
Once New Changes are applied in EE, Folks working in Canada on ICT\NAFTA Permit will get 50 points automatically added to their profile? Does some update in Profile is required to allow this addition and post addition of points does some sort of document from employer is required by CIC to substantiate these point.
Only those working in Canada for one year or more will get the 50 points. I guess you might have to upload your offer letter to prove you've been working for a year.

sivasagi

Jan 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
upmanit said:

Yes, we have to wait and watch for their new update on Nov 19th. I think they will add new fields to fill in the express entry profile if you meet ICT/NAFTA category

shasai

Star Member
Jun 20, 2016
Have to wait till Nov-19th.

i guess people on ICT work visa can submit deputation letter got from their employer.

schemingon

Star Member
Feb 19, 2014
ashu1710 said:
Only those working in Canada for one year or more will get the 50 points. I guess you might have to upload your offer letter to prove you've been working for a year.
New rule also says one should have a job offer and
"Job offers will only need to be a minimum of one year in duration once they receive permanent residence."

Which means having an ICT and one year Canadian experience is just not enough to get 50 points.You should also have an offer from your employer for the next 1 year.