28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
the answer i gave them was that i make use of no representative
But you did use an agent - that's clear from your earlier posts. Why did you say that you did not make use of a representative when you in fact did work with an agent? That's misrepresentation.

ekundayodamola

Jul 4, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
I believe that this the procedural fairness letter that was sent to you. Depending on what explanation and supporting documents, it seems that it was insufficient to convince IRCC to not ban your for misrepresentation.
okay what can i do to reverse the ban i do really want to visit canada is being a year now

ekundayodamola

Jul 4, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
But you did use an agent - that's clear from your earlier posts. Why did you say that you did not make use of a representative when you in fact did work with an agent? That's misrepresentation.
yes i did make use of an agent but it was the agent who asked me not to declare that i make use of representative.please what can i do to reverse the ban i do really want to visit canada

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
okay what can i do to reverse the ban i do really want to visit canada is being a year now
You most likely cannot overturn the ban. If you want to try, you need to hire an excellent Canadian immigration lawyer.

It sounds like you did commit misrepresentation and the ban was correctly given to you. You worked with an agent to submit your application but did not declare this to CIC. When CIC asked you if you worked with a representative - you said no - and committed misrepresentation again.

Wonderland_1010

Champion Member
Aug 24, 2015
Regina, SK
Category........
PNP
Unless IRCC has made mistake in your application and you did not commit any misrepresentation at all, you may appeal to reverse the 5 year ban. But be warn this will be very expensive as you will need to hire a immigration lawyer to send a appeal and process may take longer a year to even have IRCC to open your file again.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
yes i did make use of an agent but it was the agent who asked me not to declare that i make use of representative.please what can i do to reverse the ban i do really want to visit canada
It doesn't matter who told you what. As the applicant, you are held responsible for all of the information in your application and are responsible for ensuring it's accurate.

Honestly? Forget about trying to overturn the ban. It's not going to happen. The ban was correctly applied since you did in fact commit misrepresentation. You'll need to wait out the ban and forget about traveling to Canada for the next few years.

Reactions: ekundayodamola

ekundayodamola

Jul 4, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
o
Unless IRCC has made mistake in your application and you did not commit any misrepresentation at all, you may appeal to reverse the 5 year ban. But be warn this will be very expensive as you will need to hire a immigration lawyer to send a appeal and process may take longer a year to even have IRCC to open your file again.
okay thank you so much how can i get a lawyer to appeal

ekundayodamola

Jul 4, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
o

ekundayodamola

Jul 4, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
It doesn't matter who told you what. As the applicant, you are held responsible for all of the information in your application and are responsible for ensuring it's accurate.

Honestly? Forget about trying to overturn the ban. It's not going to happen. The ban was correctly applied since you did in fact commit misrepresentation. You'll need to wait out the ban and forget about traveling to Canada for the next few years.
thank you

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
o

You have no basis for an appeal. You would only have a basis for appeal if CIC made an incorrect misrepresentation finding. However the misrepresentation finding was in fact correct. You used a representative and failed to declare that representative. You were then given an opportunity by CIC to correct this information - and then you once again committed misrepresentation and said you used no agent. By all means hire a lawyer and give it a try. I think it's a lost cause that will just cost you a lot of money.

ekundayodamola

Jul 4, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
You have no basis for an appeal. You would only have a basis for appeal if CIC made an incorrect misrepresentation finding. However the misrepresentation finding was in fact correct. You used a representative and failed to declare that representative. You were then given an opportunity by CIC to correct this information - and then you once again committed misrepresentation and said you used no agent. By all means hire a lawyer and give it a try. I think it's a lost cause that will just cost you a lot of money.
thank you so much i really do appreciate it

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
thank you so much i really do appreciate it
Don't use an agent in the future - unfortunately there are too many bad ones out there. You can apply on your own in the future - directly through the CIC web site.

ekundayodamola

Jul 4, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
t
Don't use an agent in the future - unfortunately there are too many bad ones out there. You can apply on your own in the future - directly through the CIC web site.
thank you so much and God bless you i have learnt my lesson thank you much i do really appreciate it

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
Yep it sounds like you were correctly banned for misrepresentation. Do not use that agent again as they got you to commit fraud and that's not a good thing. Always declare everything, as it will come back and bite you eventually.