+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

5 weeks since the passport was sent

saggi_amy

Feb 19, 2010
Hi,

i applied for my husband's immigration on 19th nov 2009. after that i received a letter from cpc - missisauga on 20th dec stating that the sposorship has been approved and the file has been transferred to delhi visa office. The current status online says "in process" and that the delhi visa ofice started processing our file on 5th jan 2010. we received a letter on 11th jan (dated 6th jan) asking for his passport which we sent the same day and they received it on 13th jan. after that there has been no communication from their side. it has now been over 5 weeks. i am really worried now.

does anyone have a ny idea when can i expect it to come. also does anyone know how come they asked for the passport the same day they started processing the file in delhi. shouldn't that be the last stage? i have one more question, will the status online (which says "in process" at the moment ) is expected to change first or will we receive the passport first. any idea??

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

Your frustration is quite usual in this matter. I have seen cases discussed in this forum saying that passports were on hold at CHC Delhi for more than two 6 weeks. So, please wait for few days. Perhaps on next day or within next week it may be in your hand with visa.

ariell

Oct 9, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I agree. I wouldn't be worried. Delhi does an additional background check when they receive the PP. If your spouse has lived outside of India then this stage can take longer and waiting 5 weeks or more is not unusual. As well, there was probably also some backlog from previous applications due to the Christmas holidays. I think requesting the PP the same day (or the next day) after beginning processing is somewhat unusual but I have heard of it happening before. It could just be that ND is changing their policy and starting to request the PP earlier in the process. Whether ecas changes first or your PP comes first depends on the day of the week that your PP is sent out. ecas is only updated once a week, usually on Tuesday, so it's very possible to get your PP back before ecas is updated. In our case (also processed through ND), my husband got his PP back on a Saturday so he got that first and then ecas was updated the following week. Good luck!