+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

4th draw over - 735 points - 1187 invitations...

YehiaZ

Jul 11, 2014
Hi,

Can you please elaborate more how these are good news for the students (specially the current students at Canadian universities) ?

arajat said:
That is great news I guess they are running out of lmo pnp holders

Great news for students and pgwp holders

Trends where correct this is almost 100 point drop in 1 week! And more invitations

Great! Fingers crossed

+1 to like

rabi123

Star Member
Nov 22, 2014
Hi,

I have PR filled last year but i did not get my result till now. I dont know what will be the CIC final outcome.
Can i filled express entry meanwhile as i am seeing my total point is above 1000.
Please advice as i dont know whether i can filled 2 application in process or not

Intocanada

Mar 18, 2014
rabi123 said:
Hi,

I have PR filled last year but i did not get my result till now. I dont know what will be the CIC final outcome.
Can i filled express entry meanwhile as i am seeing my total point is above 1000.
Please advice as i dont know whether i can filled 2 application in process or not
You can file two applications. So if you have doubt in your mind, better file it on EE. BTW, when did you apply for PR and your NOC?

jassu2

Star Member
Jul 7, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
well the score drop is certainly a good thing... but seriously only 135 on all the other factors is just too shity to read..
anyways i hope by march end they would release atleast 1 draw of CEC or FSWP.. cant wait to find out score on FSWP..

curious_123

Jun 19, 2014
jassu2 said:
well the score drop is certainly a good thing... but seriously only 135 on all the other factors is just too *censored word*y to read..
anyways i hope by march end they would release atleast 1 draw of CEC or FSWP.. cant wait to find out score on FSWP..
Even if some one did not do the ECA but age+language test + work experience =135 :eek:

How is that young and brightest ?

mannual

Nov 24, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Minimum language score+Lmia +age 42 years old=express entry
ECA is not mondatory

n4mo

Feb 2, 2015
curious_123 said:
Even if some one did not do the ECA but age+language test + work experience =135 :eek:

May not be young but they were resourceful enough to get an LMIA. ;)

nilapup321

Feb 28, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thats really encouraging.
What abt people like us ie without job offer or provincial nomination.
My CRS is 294. Will I ever get an ITA?
Guys..pls let me know...

EEKnowledge

Star Member
Jan 29, 2015
dan_and said:
I find it strange how some members on this forum keep belittling people with a score of 735+ CRS points.

Firstly, it reveals a poor understanding of the eligibility criteria of the various programs and the way the pool works. As has been pointed out by other posters on this thread, we can safely assume that people with LMIA / PNP are smart enough not to waste time and money on obtaining an ECA for themselves and their spouse, or an IELTS for their spouse. LMIA / PNP guarantees them a spot in the next couple of draws, and they know it.

Secondly, and more importantly, nowhere has it been stated that Canada only wants to attract the "youngest and brightest" immigrants. EE was introduced to effectively address the skills shortages in the Canadian labor markets. It should be obvious to anyone that these two objectives are not the same.

The EE is essentially a two-tier system to address skills shortages:

1) As long as you can find a job in Canada and your employer can prove that you are not taking it away from a Canadian citizen or permanent resident, you are good to go. Nothing else needed, besides meeting the eligibility criteria for one of the immigration programs. And that's the way it should be. Nothing is a more powerful sign of you and your skills being in demand than an employer offering you a job and going through the hassle and expense of applying for an LMIA. The employers / provinces are doing the selection instead of a centralized government agency (CIC).

2) If you don't have a job, then the level of education and work experience becomes important. CIC are just going to siphon off the top ranks of the remaining candidates (size of pool permitting), thereby ensuring that the candidates without jobs have the best possible chances of securing a job once in Canada.

I understand that many people are frustrated with the changes that EE has brought. But that's the nature of a reform: there will always be people who were better off under the old system. There is nothing that can be done about it, and that's why political change is so difficult.

So please, don't pick on people due to their assumed or actual old age, low education or non-existent work experience. They managed to do something a lot of us didn't (myself included): to convince an employer or a province that they can bring something to the table that addresses the skills shortages in Canada.
Young and Brightest Citations:-

1)
"Hon. Claude Carignan (Leader of the Government):Senator, as
you said, we are committed to promoting francophone
immigration across Canada through our permanent
immigration program. Starting on January 1, applications are
to be processed in six months or less, under the Express Entry
program, as you said. It is my understanding that the minister has
taken part in numerous consultations to see how we can attract
the best and brightest francophone immigrants, which will help
Canada meet its workforce and economic needs"

2) http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/backgrounders/2013/2013-10-28b.asp

"The Government believes Canada can and should compete actively to attract the best and brightest newcomers to resettle here. That’s why we are getting set to treat most immigration applications in a revolutionary new way."

3) http://www.ngnews.ca/Opinion/Columnists/2015-02-27/article-4060135/Express-Entry-Program-identifies-highly-skilled-immigrants/1

"Our government has made it a priority to enhance Canada’s economic immigration system. After years of mismanagement under previous governments, we have cleaned up backlogs and introduced important new programs to better recognize foreign credentials, and attract the very best and brightest to our country."

Peter Mackay is an MP.

Now, nobody is envious of other people getting ITAs.

So if 600 points allows you to sidestep the language testing and education credential assessment, then how do you know where does their education and English proficiency stand? Simply age and one year of Canadian experience gives you enough points to score 135 easily. Just by having a job is the answer which throws the subjective assessment of CRS to the wind.

Look at the LMO stats, and tell me what skilled work do you find there at all. :-
http://www.esdc.gc.ca/eng/jobs/foreign_workers/lmo_statistics/annual-top-occs.shtml

Just a look at the LMO stats will tell you about the 735 score in itself. It is not skilled, but cheap work. Now LMOs should not be discriminated against in EE, but does it not encourage more cheap labor instead? Especially in industries where TFWs were eliminated.

BabaKasmani

Star Member
Dec 2, 2014
curious_123 said:

Because he didnt waste 1500$ to get an ECA and his educational credentials certified .This ensured that he has quicker processing as less documents to be verified. :p

new_day

Star Member
Nov 5, 2014
avm said:
135 points means applicant has 40 year of age(45)+ 10th class(28)+ CLB4(24)+ canadian experience (35)+spouse education 10th class(2)= 135 points. :p :p :p :p :p :p
If no spouse eca then? 8)

cecorpnp

Dec 29, 2014
Get ready for Job Bank activation folks...!!

As they seem to be running out of LMIA and PNP holders.

They will now bring JOB BANK in to the play!!