Aug 11, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aircanada said:
It's an informed guess. Compiling 481 (English+masters+3years+20s) is very easy so there'll be a lot of applicants with that score. And the fact that the cut off crs score never goes down below 482 anymore is an indicator that people have piled up at 481 and there's a giant bottleneck there.
I understand that. But where did that number (3000 applicants) come from? We can't be that sure, can we?

Sluffy

May 11, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
13-11-2016
Dedicated said:
I understand that. But where did that number (3000 applicants) come from? We can't be that sure, can we?
Before May the cut off was around 1000 ITAs with the scores 470+
After that, the cut off was around 750 ITAs with the scores 482+
Approximately 250 people with the score 470-481 are entering the pool every two weeks - it's a very rough estimate
We had 11 draws since the score went up. So about 2500 people or more are sitting with the score 470-481.

rabzodemorayh

Star Member
Apr 11, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sluffy said:
Before May the cut off was around 1000 ITAs with the scores 470+
After that, the cut off was around 750 ITAs with the scores 482+
Approximately 250 people with the score 470-481 are entering the pool every two weeks - it's a very rough estimate
We had 11 draws since the score went up. So about 2500 people or more are sitting with the score 470-481.
+1 Sluffy for the calculations

aj.canada.fsw

Star Member
Oct 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-14
jaymax said:
Emails come in batches. Some people get theirs in 1 hours, others by the next day. All the best
Thanks

Arsalan Khan

Star Member
Apr 4, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aircanada said:
They are NOT dropping. Not the way you think. At the very best the minimum CRS score will be stuck at 482, because 481 is single 20-somethings with good English, masters, and 3 years of foreign work experience, which is a very basic and attainable set of qualifications and should correspond to thousands and thousands of people in the pool at this point.

Unless they start sending an obscene amount of ITAs, I'd not count on the scores dropping. It's not a trend.
i disagree !! there are very few people who can actually score a CLB 10 on all four aspects.. !!

Wolverine17

VIP Member
Mar 28, 2016
jaymax said:
How is it cruel ? Its a transparent system that tells you where you stand.

I want to earn $1 Billion from stock market. If I am not able to do it is it my limitation or the stock markets ?
It is cruel when you dont stand the same chances,for example i cant apply for pnp simply because my job is a licensed profession regardless of my score.

vabs200

Aug 22, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Arsalan Khan said:
i disagree !! there are very few people who can actually score a CLB 10 on all four aspects.. !!
I scored CLB 10 in 3 abilities and CLB 9 in writing... I don't think it's that hard either.

Wish I was in my 20s and single... :p

Dedicated

Aug 11, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sluffy said:
Is there any source which can confirm that amount (250 people with that score every two weeks)?

Sorry, I am not trying to be annoying or questioning your logic, simply want to determine the chances of getting an ITA in the next couple of months.

Sluffy

May 11, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
13-11-2016
Dedicated said:
Is there any source which can confirm that amount (250 people with that score every two weeks)?

Sorry, I am not trying to be annoying or questioning your logic, simply want to determine the chances of getting an ITA in the next couple of months.
Read the first two lines of the rough estimate.

And this figure is dynamic, i.e. 200 people one day and 300 next draw two weeks after.
CIC do not publish that data anywhere, but they see the quantity of people before each draw. So you can evaluate how many people are standing in the line in front of you.
I wonder if they are going to go down to 481 next time or a bit later. I would say that they are about 1000-1200 (just my thoughts) of this 2500, because the age group is quite big (20-29)

Dedicated

Aug 11, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sluffy said:
Read the first two lines of the rough estimate.

And this figure is dynamic, i.e. 200 people one day and 300 next draw two weeks after.
CIC do not publish that data anywhere, but they see the quantity of people before each draw.
Thanks! Such kind of information is always very useful.

jaymax

Star Member
Dec 18, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
09-03-2016
LANDED..........
09-12-2016
Wolverine17 said:
It is cruel when you dont stand the same chances,for example i cant apply for pnp simply because my job is a licensed profession regardless of my score.
Did you think Canada was in it for social service ? Canada wanted immigrants for demographics, labor shortages and other CANDADIAN Concerns.

Add in political workings that tried to restrict/increase immigration (based on what side the party is) and we have a policy. It is based to serve Canada's needs. Not the applicants.

Should I feel bad some kid who is younger but has less experience than me, on same education gets a better score while mine goes down each year ? That would be stupid.

Learn to live with things instead of playing victim and drowning in self pity

karenv

Jul 8, 2014
jaymax said:
Did you think Canada was in it for social service ? Canada wanted immigrants for demographics, labor shortages and other CANDADIAN Concerns.

Add in political workings that tried to restrict/increase immigration (based on what side the party is) and we have a policy. It is based to serve Canada's needs. Not the applicants.

Should I feel bad some kid who is younger but has less experience than me, on same education gets a better score while mine goes down each year ? That would be stupid.

Well said. I totally agree with you.

dell2

Feb 3, 2011
Calgary, Alberta.
jaymax said:

+1

sharon6191

Sep 7, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jaymax said:
How is it cruel ? Its a transparent system that tells you where you stand.

I want to earn $1 Billion from stock market. If I am not able to do it is it my limitation or the stock markets ?
What I mean was I heard before you just need to complete two year full time study in Canada and with a job offer you can get your PR easily.So this is what I did, studied and found a job. see what, the ranking system came out right after I finish school, how should I adjust that. It feels there is no end trying to catch up with the CIC "constant changing program". Many students like me are cut-off, not even can compete with oversea worker. Don't you think the system is cruel ?

jaymax

Star Member
Dec 18, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
09-03-2016
LANDED..........
09-12-2016
sharon6191 said:
What I mean was I heard before you just need to complete two year full time study in Canada and with a job offer you can get your PR easily.So this is what I did, studied and found a job. see what, the ranking system came out right after I finish school, how should I adjust that. It feels there is no end trying to catch up with the CIC "constant changing program". Many students like me are cut-off, not even can compete with oversea worker. Don't you think the system is cruel ?
It was the trend not the promise. Immigration policies are subject to the whims of those in power. What we can do is adjust accordingly. Try ways to increase scores (Retake Ielts, Learn French, Get a PNP/LMIA). Thats action that will get results. Sulking over changes wont get you anywhere.