+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

4 months passed, but no Change in Background Check status after Fingerprints submission?

hossamo33

Mar 17, 2015
Same boat. Did the citizenship test. Submitted FP. Did an interview about 3 months ago. Nothing since then. I applied in October 2022. All of my citizenship application criteria are in progress except for Test is completed.

ahmad0707

Star Member
Apr 21, 2019
Same boat. Did the citizenship test. Submitted FP. Did an interview about 3 months ago. Nothing since then. I applied in October 2022. All of my citizenship application criteria are in progress except for Test is completed.
What were you asked at the interview. Also what was your status prior to applying for citizenship

hossamo33

Mar 17, 2015
Not much. It was like a 5 minute interview. Nothing out of the ordinary. Just asked me where I lived and what I did for work, and if I left Canada in the past 5 years (which I didnt). That was it. She said ok you'll get a decision probably within 2 weeks, and oath invitation within 4 months. I haven't heard from them since. I am currently a PR.

ahmad0707

Star Member
Apr 21, 2019
Not much. It was like a 5 minute interview. Nothing out of the ordinary. Just asked me where I lived and what I did for work, and if I left Canada in the past 5 years (which I didnt). That was it. She said ok you'll get a decision probably within 2 weeks, and oath invitation within 4 months. I haven't heard from them since. I am currently a PR.
Yeah ircc works in a mysterious way. I hope your file get updated soon, I think its just a matter of weeks now