+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

4 months after test, still waiting

chelavnzuo

Star Member
Jan 2, 2014
I wonder how many people here have similar experience like mine: I receive no RQ, no FP request, no ECAS status update to Decision Made, no nothing.

Also can someone confirm if it is true that CIC agent can take actions when someone hasn’t heard back after 6 months after the test?

Thanks!

sraheem86

Star Member
Dec 7, 2009
Alberta, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mid-June 2010 (PNP Application)
Doc's Request.
n/a
Nomination.....
September 10, 2010
AOR Received.
01-06-2011
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
n/a
Med's Request
01-06-2011
Med's Done....
06-06-2011
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
22-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
23-02-2012
LANDED..........
23-02-2012
I had to wait for 3 months till my oath came... and I thought 3 months was much longer than most people. I would recommend you to apply for an ATIP report.

Mary2009

Star Member
Aug 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What's your office?
or if you can please share your timeline?

CIC agents (call centre) are nearly useless (sorry to say), but they don't take ANY action what so ever
unless your case is beyond normal processing times!

For routine case (this is YOUR case now, since you didn't receive fingerprint or RQ..etc)
If they received your application after April 1, 2015 >> 1 processing 12 months or less
If they received your application before April 1, 2015 >> processing by March 31, 2016 or before

Non-routine applications is 36 months (if you get RQ, finger print request...etc)

Other than the above, the call centre agents will RUDELY keep repeating that they cannot do anything
they cannot contact the officer responsible for your file...etc..

Good luck.. I know its stressful! :(

chelavnzuo

Star Member
Jan 2, 2014
Hi all thanks for the prompt reply!

Sraheem86 - I never thought about ATIP report, I didn't know they would still update my info there after the test, anyway I will give it a try!

Mary2009 - I applied in Victoria back in September 2014, passed the test on May 11, 2015. Where did you find the routine timeline? Can you provide me with its link? Thanks!

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
chelavnzuo said:
I wonder how many people here have similar experience like mine: I receive no RQ, no FP request, no ECAS status update to Decision Made, no nothing.

Also can someone confirm if it is true that CIC agent can take actions when someone hasn't heard back after 6 months after the test?

Thanks!
Yes, in cases like your now when you did not hear, the CIC agent can request update on your behalf but response time is 5 weeks unless if they improve their damn service.

federiko

Jul 17, 2015
chelavnzuo said:

Also can someone confirm if it is true that CIC agent can take actions when someone hasn't heard back after 6 months after the test?

Thanks!
My case is similar no RQ, no fingerprints, and no news ..I called CIC and they told me that they can only open the file if I still Having no news 6 months after the test... So for the moment you just have to wait..

chelavnzuo

Star Member
Jan 2, 2014
Has anyone actually waited over 6 months after test and called CIC and their agent actually took some action to speed up the process?

skFSW

Jan 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Jan-2010
Doc's Request.
12-Mar-2010 Doc'sent 24-Mar-10
AOR Received.
28-Apr-2010
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
File Transfer...
14-Oct-2011 to Los Angeles
Med's Request
28-Nov-2011
Med's Done....
7-Dec-2011----Ottawa received on 22-Dec-2011
Interview........
waived it seems no where mentioned
Passport Req..
17-Jan-2012
VISA ISSUED...
30-Jan-2012 received back on 22-Feb-2012
LANDED..........
26-Feb-2012
chelavnzuo said:
Has anyone actually waited over 6 months after test and called CIC and their agent actually took some action to speed up the process?
I am in same situation like yours.. We gave our exam on March 17,2015 and after that there is no updates so far..

I will finish my 6 months tomorrow after that I will give call to CIC. Last month I requested for ATIP but not received yet.. Not sure what is going with it..

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
chelavnzuo said:
Hi all thanks for the prompt reply!

Sraheem86 - I never thought about ATIP report, I didn't know they would still update my info there after the test, anyway I will give it a try!

Mary2009 - I applied in Victoria back in September 2014, passed the test on May 11, 2015. Where did you find the routine timeline? Can you provide me with its link? Thanks!
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/canada/cit-processing.asp

aramis77

Star Member
Jun 25, 2015
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chelavnzuo said:
Ours 6 days past 6 months. My wife called CIC recently and they told her that they will send a reminder mail to Scarborough. My status DM hers is still in process.

ambient2

May 30, 2015
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chelavnzuo said:

Thanks!
I'm almost in the same situation as you,
applied in October 2014,
passed the test in June 2015
No updates since that time (still "in process")
I've asked my MP for the help, they called and got the same reply about 6months.
requested ATIP three weeks ago, waiting for it now.
My application is in Mississauga