+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

4 MB file limit

beaver62

Dec 25, 2018
Hi everyone,

IRCC requested updated proof of communication with other documents as well
and limit is 4mb 1 file only per type of document requested
but I have 1 year worth of chats/ call history in the signal app which which allows me to only take screenshots and export chat option is not available. All the screenshots come to 164 mb ,
there is no option to upload separate 4mb files for only proof of communication as IRCC website only accepts 1 file under 1 slot.
how do I upload that 164mb file . if I delete/ compress info to reduce size I can get to 16mb even then IRCC site does not accept the file.

can someone help?

beaver62

Dec 25, 2018
save the initial files as images then recombine into pdf
I created a word file with all the information
in one word file then converted it to pdf then deleted & compressed to bring it down from 164 mb to 16mb,
can IRCC give me another slot to upload multiple files for proof of communication shoud i ask IRCC for that

this is what they said on the letter

" Documents sent as attachments cannot exceed 5 MB in size. Any attachment larger than 5MB must be divided into smaller separate attachments. "

even though IRCc website only allows 1 file of 4mb per type of document

Canelita647

Star Member
Feb 10, 2021
I think what I did was shrink all of the screenshots and also make it into a pdf and compress it. It worked well enough that it was visible. If it still doesn't work I think you can pick the parts that you want to share the most of the years worth that you have. Also the screenshots (are like jpeg pics) I think are making the file big so if there is anyway that you can shrink it in word and then make it compressed in pdf it should be fine.

Reactions: corvus777

davidoqc2

Aug 16, 2021
Honestly I'd just shrink down a lot of your chats into some important segments, the officers aren't going to read an entire year of your conversations :p just make sure to post a few good screenshots spread through the year to show you were talking permanently and you should be fine, an entire year is a bit excessive.