+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

3rd TRV Attempt, Looking for help

Clydel

Mar 8, 2018
Hi,

I am in the process of attempting my 3rd attempt for TRV into Canada and i am wondering if anyone had any helpful tips. I am born and raised in the Philippines, and my boyfriend of 23 months is a Canadian Citizen.

Our 2 last applications seem to be denied for the same reasons even though we felt we addressed the concerns from the first denial. Since the last denial, we have waited 12 months, i obtained a full time job and we have taken 2 trips outside the Philippines together

Some information about my application;
-I have a new job (4 months) but have Approved time off (25 days) for a 21 day trip to Canada. I have a COE and screen shots from a computer showing my time off approvals.
-My Boyfriend is fully sponsoring my trip. He has a completed a letter of financial support, a affidavit swearing he will support my trip and have provided a Letter of Employment, T4 showing income, and bank statements showing 150K+CAD in available funds.
-Proof of relationship we have photos from all 7 trips my boyfriend has been to the Philippines in the past 23 months, he is providing Passport visa stamps, birth certificate, a Letter of invitation which has been signed with a with a Lawyer. We have messages and phone call logs. Anything else we should add and how much of this should we provide?
-I dont have much for travel history, I have been to Indonesia once alone, and my boyfriend and i have been to both Thailand and Indonesia together.
-Purpose of Travel, I have wrote a letter explaining basically each day of the trip...Is there anything else i need here?

Does anyone have any suggestions or advise that can help this one get approved?
I know your all going to say to get married, however, i havent even met his family or been in his country, i feel that a visit is very important before taking that step.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much in advanced.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
I'm not sure about this, but my opinion is that if you are showing that your boyfriend in Canada will pay for all aspects of your trip, it shows ties in Canada and a lack of ties to the Philippines. If you submit proof of a relationship, you're making that case even stronger. Essentially, what it looks like to me is that you wouldn't ever need to go back to the Philippines because you have someone in Canada you're in a strong relationship with that will pay for your life in Canada.

Do you own property in the Philippines? Have family obligations you can't get out of? Do you have enough money on your own to cover your expenses?

Since you seem to know enough about proof of relationship to start to gather evidence for a spousal sponsorship, I imagine that's what you're doing - and I fear that's what a visa officer will think.

Clydel

Mar 8, 2018
And everything that I wrote above is what @scylla told you this time last year when you asked (roughly) the same questions: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/need-suggestions.548260/

There is no way to apply for spousal sponsorship without marriage so how would that affect the visa? Eventually we would like to get married, however its very impractical when i've never even been in Canada or met his family.

I do struggle for ties in the philippines as i do not own property. I have a job and give my money to my family, so i do not have the funds to pay for the trip on my own.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
There is no way to apply for spousal sponsorship without marriage so how would that affect the visa? Eventually we would like to get married, however its very impractical when i've never even been in Canada or met his family.

I do struggle for ties in the philippines as i do not own property. I have a job and give my money to my family, so i do not have the funds to pay for the trip on my own.
There are ways to apply for spousal sponsorship without marriage. Importantly, with a visa, you can get to Canada, then get married or common-law in Canada, and never leave. Which is what it looks like you're trying to do.

Clydel

Mar 8, 2018
I'm not sure about this, but my opinion is that if you are showing that your boyfriend in Canada will pay for all aspects of your trip, it shows ties in Canada and a lack of ties to the Philippines. If you submit proof of a relationship, you're making that case even stronger. Essentially, what it looks like to me is that you wouldn't ever need to go back to the Philippines because you have someone in Canada you're in a strong relationship with that will pay for your life in Canada.

Do you own property in the Philippines? Have family obligations you can't get out of? Do you have enough money on your own to cover your expenses?

Since you seem to know enough about proof of relationship to start to gather evidence for a spousal sponsorship, I imagine that's what you're doing - and I fear that's what a visa officer will think.[/Q
There are ways to apply for spousal sponsorship without marriage. Importantly, with a visa, you can get to Canada, then get married or common-law in Canada, and never leave. Which is what it looks like you're trying to do.
Yeah, I appreciate the response and i completely understand. Its frustrating, if that was the situation, why wouldnt we get married in Philippines and then apply for a spousal sponsorship?

I simply want to visit him :(

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Unless you can demonstrate substantial ties to the Philippines, it will be a challenge to get a TRV for all the reasons you've already been denied.

jddd

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2017
Yeah, I appreciate the response and i completely understand. Its frustrating, if that was the situation, why wouldnt we get married in Philippines and then apply for a spousal sponsorship?

I simply want to visit him :(
I understand you but I'll answer this from what I "think" a visa officer will see this...

Because if you get married in the Philippines, you will be sponsored outland and you will only be able to come here once you've been approved for PR which will give you the right to enter and live in Canada. Therefore, there will be no risk of you living here as a visitor.

By coming here on a TRV, you can effectively get married here, apply inland and stay for the duration. You'll be able to work once you get the OWP that you may be able to apply for in coordination with an inland sponsorship.

Also, visa officers already know of our (yes, our, because I am Filipino too) behaviour of using a TRV to wait for a response to our sponsorship application while living in Canada. I'm afraid our fellowmen abused this loophole too many times and affected even those who are being 100% truthful about only visiting.

Reactions: Bryanna