+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

37 years age, Jan 2022 intake, got refusal! Please review the application

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
I agree, I will check these universities. I am also concerned about the engineering grades. Lets see. I am not going to take GRE :( I am done with GRE and GMAT. I have a mental block on these tests and dont want to stress too much on that.
I had gotten into Seneca for one year PG or graduate certificate what we call. But decided to go for 2 years because 1 year and then extension cuts it too short of time to apply and worst case scenarios feel like huge stress! But still open to it if nothing pans out.
Actually SW development is a sharp focus for me but for VO it looks like generic. If I dont get any options then I will mention details to convince them.
Also, if I change the course within the same college, since I want to go for AI in my current DLI, then do I have to reapply? Meaning I cant apply for reconsideration with the same file?!

Thank you...
Reconsideration is route for people who are say mid way into the program [ a few of my classmates did this and got lucky as we [ inculding myself] started our program online with out a visa approval. It was a huge risk but we all took it. It worked out for all eventually. However I am not sure if DLI's are allowing you to study right now without a visa.

Having said that, you can certainly convince a VO on your current course choice with a better written SOP. I do not get the intuitive feeling of WHY you want to study NOW and what is your future career progression, from your current SOP

Reactions: yesWeCanada

yesWeCanada

Aug 5, 2021
Reconsideration is route for people who are say mid way into the program [ a few of my classmates did this and got lucky as we [ inculding myself] started our program online with out a visa approval. It was a huge risk but we all took it. It worked out for all eventually. However I am not sure if DLI's are allowing you to study right now without a visa.

Having said that, you can certainly convince a VO on your current course choice with a better written SOP. I do not get the intuitive feeling of WHY you want to study NOW and what is your future career progression, from your current SOP
Yeah my course is a complete in-person course. Even if they allowed I wont take that chance its a big gamble!

Agreed about the SOP part, now its clear that I messed that up. I was so sure that it was decent but anyway its bombed. I can convince the VO with the same course because its a progression for me and I really want to do SW development. AI course I am interested but now I cant change to a new course because it will become a new application. But if reconsideration also bombs then I will go with AI.

Thank you again.

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
Yeah my course is a complete in-person course. Even if they allowed I wont take that chance its a big gamble!

Agreed about the SOP part, now its clear that I messed that up. I was so sure that it was decent but anyway its bombed. I can convince the VO with the same course because its a progression for me and I really want to do SW development. AI course I am interested but now I cant change to a new course because it will become a new application. But if reconsideration also bombs then I will go with AI.

Thank you again.
you can take new LOA from College and reapply visa with the new course. That is absolutely fine.

yesWeCanada

Aug 5, 2021
Still waiting for my gcms notes, my God!! How long do I have to wait?
Seriously this is proving to be super frustrating. But somehow I know that this trouble is worth it.
Anybody knows what is the timeline to get gcms notes? I applied on Dec 4th.
Please let me know..

aspirant256

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2020
Seriously this is proving to be super frustrating. But somehow I know that this trouble is worth it.
Please let me know..
Around 2 months these days or more. Probably a tactic to keep people from pursuing JR since JR has to be filed within 60 days of refusal. Usually, people want to see the reasons before pursuing JR.

yesWeCanada

Aug 5, 2021
Hey, I read in another thread that reconsideration should be applied within 30 days from refusal! Is this true?
I have asked my consultant to confirm, he is yet to reply back.

yesWeCanada

Aug 5, 2021
There is no deadline for reconsideration requests and reconsideration is useless.
Thank god there is no deadline!
Yeah, I also think its useless. Why will they accept they made a mistake. But my consultant think my file was very good so he wants to try that. Also since I have Sep 2022 intake, its ok to give it a go.
Also been hearing about this "chinook" software for combing application files. Is this true? Visa refusal for Indian applications is around 70% it seems. I dont think it is that bad. Anybody has any info?

aspirant256

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2020
Thank god there is no deadline!
Yeah, I also think its useless. Why will they accept they made a mistake. But my consultant think my file was very good so he wants to try that. Also since I have Sep 2022 intake, its ok to give it a go.
Also been hearing about this "chinook" software for combing application files. Is this true? Visa refusal for Indian applications is around 70% it seems. I dont think it is that bad. Anybody has any info?
Chinook is a fact, they are using it.

AviJ

May 13, 2021
Please let me know..
Hi did u get your GCms notes ???