+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

37 Pages of Citizenship Numbers ATIP

Acorn450

Star Member
Jun 1, 2022
CEN office is for non routine applications that takes longer. When did you apply and when did you get test invite? I'm also at cen Feb 2021 applicant
I really hope this is not the case. I also got my test invite from CEN. My application should be absolutely routine, if not easier than average to complete. I am a longtime permanent resident with a pretty minimal travel history, all of it to the US. I have no idea what would make me non-routine.

pedromw

Dec 20, 2021
Mmm it's hard to say what's going on here. Looking at the doc, Montreal office (not cen) does gives test invites. Also, when I look at my atip notes, I saw that my file was transfered from Montreal office to Montreal cen "archives".
I'm just referring to the email address with "CEN" if it has something to do with CEN office or no ? I haven't asked for my notes yet as my application is quite fast actually (Nov 2021 applicant with a background check and test both completed in April 2022 so I just closed my 7th month since I sent my application back in November)
I also don't see any reasons to go for a non routine (I got my PR by Express Entry) no travel history since landing except a unique short one to my original country. I believe that the "CEN" present in the email address that send test invite is just for everybody at least for online applicants as I did not see any email address from Montreal office doing the same job ? Did you ? I know that the clear answer come from notes. I'm still patient as my timeline is quite acceptable especially when it comes to Montreal office.. They are known to be very slow.

Flyaway21

May 27, 2022
I'm just referring to the email address with "CEN" if it has something to do with CEN office or no ? I haven't asked for my notes yet as my application is quite fast actually (Nov 2021 applicant with a background check and test both completed in April 2022 so I just closed my 7th month since I sent my application back in November)
I also don't see any reasons to go for a non routine (I got my PR by Express Entry) no travel history since landing except a unique short one to my original country. I believe that the "CEN" present in the email address that send test invite is just for everybody at least for online applicants as I did not see any email address from Montreal office doing the same job ? Did you ? I know that the clear answer come from notes. I'm still patient as my timeline is quite acceptable especially when it comes to Montreal office.. They are known to be very slow.
Ok that makes sense. So the CEN office sends the test invites to everyone. However, as mentioned, in my atip notes I can see how my file was moved from Montreal office to Montreal Cen office and it's been stalled since then... only background check completed and it was before it was even moved to the CEN office. I expect that your ATIP notes will say you are in Montreal office not CEN judging by your timeline.

astrogal86

Star Member
Apr 26, 2022
Ok that makes sense. So the CEN office sends the test invites to everyone. However, as mentioned, in my atip notes I can see how my file was moved from Montreal office to Montreal Cen office and it's been stalled since then... only background check completed and it was before it was even moved to the CEN office. I expect that your ATIP notes will say you are in Montreal office not CEN judging by your timeline.
When I got my test invite, it didn't come from the Montreal Cen office, but rather just the Montreal office at least from what I can tell.

I got mine from IRCC.Mtlconvotests
I see you're a paper-based applicant. Maybe online applicants get the email from CEN (? purely speculative... waiting for my GCMS to confirm what the fact is :) )

Last edited by a moderator: