+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

350 to 400 connect here

Luther

Star Member
Nov 15, 2014
Hey Guys,
I have noticed the reason why CIC has not done the draws for the past few weeks. From this forum i noticed allot of the people who got ITA have been having problems with
the required fields to upload their documents. which is a computer glitch on CICs side. This might be the major reason why we have not seen any draws yet. Also i believe the draws will go lower as the mediums for increasing points are not up and running one of which is the job bank. I only hope the time they use to fix the software issue is given back to us by extending the expiration date of our EE profiles which might be very unlikely.

Gbasaran

May 7, 2015
Hi guys my score is 387 and i am currently living in canada and working as a sales manager for almost 2 years.
I have been trying to find an answer to my question and i hope you guys can help me. I was currently in working visa for 3 years after graduated from a canadian university. My visa will expire on june 5th 2015 and unfortunately i have to leave my job and canada to return my country. According to my consultant once my visa expires i will also lost my whole chance to get the draw because she told me to apply under cec i have to have my work permit and job. But the part I don't understand cec requires experience not working permit and i have already gained it with the past 3 years. So what really happens once i turn back to my country ? Am i going to lost my chance or can i just wait there till my point come from the draw ?

I really appreciate your thoughts
Thank you

sanjeev31aug

May 21, 2014
NCR
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Gbasaran said:
Hi guys my score is 387 and i am currently living in canada and working as a sales manager for almost 2 years.
I have been trying to find an answer to my question and i hope you guys can help me. I was currently in working visa for 3 years after graduated from a canadian university. My visa will expire on june 5th 2015 and unfortunately i have to leave my job and canada to return my country. According to my consultant once my visa expires i will also lost my whole chance to get the draw because she told me to apply under cec i have to have my work permit and job. But the part I don't understand cec requires experience not working permit and i have already gained it with the past 3 years. So what really happens once i turn back to my country ? Am i going to lost my chance or can i just wait there till my point come from the draw ?

Thank you
Apart from reply on your query from @dan_and, I would like to suggest one that that you collect each and every Document and reference letter from your current employer like Work Ex , job duties, salary, tax, etc. etc., and also relate to your study, if in case you have to leave Canada.

Luther

Star Member
Nov 15, 2014
Gbasaran said:

Thank you

To add to what our fellow forum members said . I feel u should try to apply for a work permit through the paper process because it takes time before the process. This opportunity will buy you some time to see if you get drawn. If You don't get drawn try to use the opportunity to work and save money and i mean lost of it so that you could switch to a visitors visa while you await you been drawn also apply to for PNP of the province where u are located. I close friend of mine did this in Manitoba and now he got the PR through the PNP. Best wishes

Gbasaran

May 7, 2015
Luther said:
Luther said:
Thank you guys i really appreciate your answers. So when i go back to my country do i have to change my status because i will no longer have a work permit and will not reside in canada. Will this effect my current 387 points

Once again thank you very much

To add to what our fellow forum members said . I feel u should try to apply for a work permit through the paper process because it takes time before the process. This opportunity will buy you some time to see if you get drawn. If You don't get drawn try to use the opportunity to work and save money and i mean lost of it so that you could switch to a visitors visa while you await you been drawn also apply to for PNP of the province where u are located. I close friend of mine did this in Manitoba and now he got the PR through the PNP. Best wishes

Gbasaran

May 7, 2015
Thank you guys i really appreciate your answers. So when i go back to my country do i have to change my status because i will no longer have a work permit and will not reside in canada. Will this effect my current 387 points?

Thank you once agin

sanrem

Feb 11, 2015
Hi all...
my husband's score is 366...While going through dis forum I read that we can increase d score by adding spouse WES and ielts results. Is it true ?another qn is do we need to apply again to add these details or can we add to the existing profile...pls do reply...wwaiting for ur advice. ..thank you...

Engineer2133

Feb 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
sanrem said:
Hi all...
my husband's score is 366...While going through dis forum I read that we can increase d score by adding spouse WES and ielts results. Is it true ?another qn is do we need to apply again to add these details or can we add to the existing profile...pls do reply...wwaiting for ur advice. ..thank you...
Yes your WES will add points & that can be updated in his existing profile.

sunnyvin

Nov 29, 2014
sanrem said:
Hi all...
Yes u can do it and you will need to get a new profile in ee
All the best

pr.dream

Mar 21, 2015
sanrem said:
Hi all...
Engineer2133 said:
Yes your WES will add points & that can be updated in his existing profile.
Just a heads up, spouse can get a maximum of 40 points (Level of Education 10 + Language 20 + Canadian Work Exp 10). Keep in mind, these points would not add directly to your husband's existing points (366). He may lose some points in some sections. Before you go for an evaluation and IELTS, check how much you could get, if you see a bump in together's score then go for it.

For some reason I can't post a link here for reference. Just google to find the Express Entry CRS Grid.

Hope it helps