+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

350 insurable hours Sickness/EI Benefit

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
what will happen if she apply now with medical note as said she will be refused (is there any problem in the future after rejecting the application ?)
thanks
Not quite sure what you expect a medical note to do. You need to have worked and paid into the system (at least 600 hours) to receive any form of EI benefit. As others have pointed out save your money and don’t pay for the doctor to write a note since it won’t change the outcome. The best idea is for family members to get another job to supplement the family income and hopefully the woman will be able to return to work. I am not sure if she is a probationary period and will lose her job but getting new employment when you are visibly pregnant can be difficult.​

Clorets90

Apr 17, 2017
are there any exceptions for new comers ? or any sort of financial help rent in Ontario is terribly high!!!
thank you !

jddd

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2017
There are no exceptions for newcomers.
Agree with this.

Also, it seems that the wife was recently sponsored? Meaning the husband had to have proof that he can support himself and his wife through a job or savings of some sort right? This is when that proof he presented comes in.

Reactions: Qwertypod

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
are there any exceptions for new comers ? or any sort of financial help rent in Ontario is terribly high!!!
thank you !
Didn’t you move from BC? Why did you not look at rental prices before moving? Like any other Canadian when planning for a pregnancy or not preventing a pregnancy you must be financially prepared which includes potential time off and preparation for partial salary during maternity leave.

Reactions: Clorets90

Clorets90

Apr 17, 2017
Didn’t you move from BC? Why did you not look at rental prices before moving? Like any other Canadian when planning for a pregnancy or not preventing a pregnancy you must be financially prepared which includes potential time off and preparation for partial salary during maternity leave.
You are right I moved to Ontario, I thought life would be easier in the city but actually it is better but very expensive rents for no reasonable reason one small shared room is for 800$ !!!!! or apartment for 1900-2400 !!!!!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You are right I moved to Ontario, I thought life would be easier in the city but actually it is better but very expensive rents for no reasonable reason one small shared room is for 800$ !!!!! or apartment for 1900-2400 !!!!!
Did you not consider the rental prices when deciding whether you should move to Toronto or could afford to make to move Toronto? The rental rates of examples of available listing were available online so you should have been expecting the prices. Also could be quite hard to find a room to rent for a family who is going to have a baby. Most people do not want to share a rental with a baby especially a young baby who may cry all night.

Reactions: Clorets90