JULY 13, 2012( csq received)
Passport Req..
nov 2013
VISA ISSUED...
dec 2013
LANDED..........
soonnnn
Ketevan said:
I lived 5 years in Scotland and in 5 years I never even had a chance to put on a T-shirt as temperature never rose above +15. I would rather live in Saskatoon - at least it has summer.
hi, i have seen in your timeline that u are under csq, i want to ask if u landed first in montreal ? and how many mos did you move to other province?
thanks

Nov 6, 2013
Yes I landed in Montreal and I am still here. I started searching outside Quebec though because I am unable to get any qualified job here. It is my 10th month in Canada and I am still working in call centre. The only serious interview I got in these months was a university interview in Toronto for assistant professorship which makes me feel that english speaking provinces are less sceptical to foreign diplomas than Quebec

genona said:
hi, i have seen in your timeline that u are under csq, i want to ask if u landed first in montreal ? and how many mos did you move to other province?
thanks

mrbeachman

Oct 24, 2011
WillLeaveOnceIGetPassport said:
The only serious interview I got in these months was a university interview in Toronto for assistant professorship which makes me feel that english speaking provinces are less sceptical to foreign diplomas than Quebec
You would be wrong. Trust me.

on-hold

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2010
WillLeaveOnceIGetPassport said:
Yes I landed in Montreal and I am still here. I started searching outside Quebec though because I am unable to get any qualified job here. It is my 10th month in Canada and I am still working in call centre. The only serious interview I got in these months was a university interview in Toronto for assistant professorship which makes me feel that english speaking provinces are less sceptical to foreign diplomas than Quebec
The job market for assistant professors is so extremely tiny that there's no point in generalizing -- every single application is unique. Canada is a tiny academic market, coming here from elsewhere and trying to begin at a beginning level, with no contacts and a non-academic job, is extremely difficult. I strongly recommend that you examine your PhD to see what it can be adapted to. Even college jobs are difficult, you should look in particular at extremely remote situations, online places like Athabasca U, distance education for the North, Nunavut, etc.

Nov 6, 2013
I am aware of that. I have just completed PhD in UK and I do have contacts in academic field However I am not interested in academic career. Writing and resubmitting to journals the same article for the rest of my life and seeing the same indifferent teenaged faces who just came to get a piece of paper from University to please employers - I already "enjoyed" this while teaching in UK. I already enrolled into a college diploma in accounting here in Montreal and erased my university education from all CVs.

on-hold said:
The job market for assistant professors is so extremely tiny that there's no point in generalizing -- every single application is unique. Canada is a tiny academic market, coming here from elsewhere and trying to begin at a beginning level, with no contacts and a non-academic job, is extremely difficult. I strongly recommend that you examine your PhD to see what it can be adapted to. Even college jobs are difficult, you should look in particular at extremely remote situations, online places like Athabasca U, distance education for the North, Nunavut, etc.

on-hold

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2010
Then what's with the interview for an assistant professor position? No offense, but why get a PhD if you're not interested in an academic career?

mrbeachman

Oct 24, 2011
Ketevan said:
(I deleted all degrees from it!)
How sad and utterly pathetic that you have to delete all your achievements in life to appear stupid to the average Canadian employee.

I think this is the only country in the world where this is a normal practice. I understand the reasoning behind this (see above), but even for menial jobs, you should not be forced to do this.

ummi

Star Member
Mar 29, 2012
what a scary story..erasing all your qualifications.. Have you try taking admission in phd there as I heard you get good stipend while studying. is it true?

itstime

Jul 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mrbeachman said:
I think this is the only country in the world where this is a normal practice.
No it's not. I'd say it's rather uncommon here.