+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2nd extension

Yad96

Sep 22, 2020
Good morning everyone, I'm a Mexican professional who wants to apply for a second extension of my visitor's permit to be with my fiancée, the thing is I want to put him as the one whose gonna pay for my expenses, I live with him (we have proof of that); but I have some questions
- What do we need to do this?
- Can we do this if he's not a permanent resident? He's a French citizen that's here with a temporary resident with a working holiday visa, he can apply for a permanent resident in a couple of months (He's been here since august 2019) and we plan to get married sometime in the future, but I don't know if him not being a citizen can affect the extension process, I do have like 4k-5k CAD in my account and he works at a company that allows him to pay for both our expenses

I would like to know what do you al think and I we have a chance of getting the extension this way
Thanks!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Good morning everyone, I'm a Mexican professional who wants to apply for a second extension of my visitor's permit to be with my fiancée, the thing is I want to put him as the one whose gonna pay for my expenses, I live with him (we have proof of that); but I have some questions
- What do we need to do this?
- Can we do this if he's not a permanent resident? He's a French citizen that's here with a temporary resident with a working holiday visa, he can apply for a permanent resident in a couple of months (He's been here since august 2019) and we plan to get married sometime in the future, but I don't know if him not being a citizen can affect the extension process, I do have like 4k-5k CAD in my account and he works at a company that allows him to pay for both our expenses

I would like to know what do you al think and I we have a chance of getting the extension this way
Thanks!
Are you common law? Have you lived together for at least one year continuously?

We normally see this where one person is already Canadian or where the couple are either married or common law.

However you can certainly try. I would recommend you include the following: bank statement, proof of employment and salary payments, proof you are living together, letter from your partner confirming his support.

Yad96

Sep 22, 2020
We haven't lived together for a year yet, that's one of the reasons we want to make the extension