+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

27 July 2019 IELTS General Training Questions and Answers

Ashok8149

Mar 22, 2019
th
Am no pro unlike a few here , but S is definetly my strength.

It would be unfair if I say I got a 9 by doing some IELTS speaking preparation.

I have been an avid reader of the newspaper since class 5 which has helped me to improve not only my grammar and vocab but also helped me immensly to have a sound word-base for any given topic...Share market , sports , politics anything !!
I improvised this to such an extent that if any random general topic is asked...i have a minimum knowledge about it..( something sensible and relevant to speak ) rather than being dumbfounded.

So I did not have to browse through before exam to find words for particular topics.

Also I speak at public events, write articles for my medical journals, did a bit of script-writing for plays and also had the opportunity to host events.

So all in all its a culmination of what I have learnt from the past 15 years.

2 weeks before the exam , I practised speaking by going through random topics ( Eg. makkar ielts - browse it on youtube) - I did not use that source to build my answers but practiced with my own word-base.

P.S the topic i was asked for speaking was about PERFUMES.
A topic that i never ever came across anywhere.
For eg. I used words like Olfactory perception ( sense of smell ) , fragrance , odour etc rather than nice smell etc.

Also another tip for speaking which I applied is -
I dont answer immediately to the question.
I pause for 2 seconds during which I pick 1 or 2 BEST words
( from the word-base stored in my brain) which I think can impress the examiner and then speak out.

So I am sure that am not using some ordinary , repeatedly used -by many type of adjectives.

1 last thing ,
No matter how confident I was about speaking , reading the experiences of people in this forum, I understood that I cannot take anything for granted. And buried my head into the books and seriously practiced a day before the exam.
Thanks

Ramanbatth

Jul 28, 2019
Yeah....i applied for eor on 9th augest....got 6.5 in writing nd applied for that.....still waiting for result from idp

SR_T

Aug 9, 2019
did anyone received EOR result ??
I did and unfortunately the score remained unchanged. I applied for recheck of writing part only on 18th August and received EOR result a while ago. My scores are LRWS 9 9 6.5 8. I will have to take the exam again :(

Rajkamal666

Star Member
Jun 11, 2019
I did and unfortunately the score remained unchanged. I applied for recheck of writing part only on 18th August and received EOR result a while ago. My scores are LRWS 9 9 6.5 8. I will have to take the exam again :(

Oh that's sad and hard luck..I did applied on 16th August but not yet received my EOR

Reactions: Lord V