+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

27 July 2019 IELTS General Training Questions and Answers

DrKT

Star Member
Jun 14, 2019
Hey, could you please help me to apply for EOR?
I got 6.5 in speaking, rest all are ok..!
Enquiry on Results (EoR)
download the Enquiry on Result Application form from the Downloads section. The form is also available with IDP branch offices.

Complete the application for and submit/courier the same, along with the fee of INR 9,500 (Rupees Nine Thousand Five Hundred only) (inclusive of all taxes) is applicable.

Note :Kindly ensure following documents are sent with EOR application form

• Clear copy of First & Last page of passport
  • Cancelled cheque or bank passbook copy- should have bank Account No, Name & IFSC code specified

Robotsatwork

Jul 30, 2019
Thank you so very much for giving us a detailed explanation. I will definitely try to incorporate your suggestions while practicing the writing tasks. As DrKT said, your writing skills are top notch. I appreciate your help. Thanks again
All the best!!!

Reactions: SR_T

DrKT

Star Member
Jun 14, 2019
Let me tell you my story, in my last attempt my listening reading writing test went Okay.. But I was just like you at that time I thought that my listening didn’t went great (just like you in my mock tests I always used to get 38 or above ) as I missed 2-3 questions so I hadn’t given my best in speaking as I was confident that I have to sit in test again, and guess what happend? On result day my score was L8.5 R 9 W 7 and speaking 6.5 so you never know don’t stress on what had happend and concentrate on what’s next
I remember taking your advice to put behind the L saga , the diagram giving me jitters and the answers being discussed here in forum making me more tense with respect to L...
And as you suggested , I'd logged out of the forum chats and revised well for my speaking exam which was on the very next day ( 28th july ) and just to let you know I scored a 9 in speaking :)

Ria-sharma

Star Member
Jul 14, 2019
I remember taking your advice to put behind the L saga , the diagram giving me jitters and the answers being discussed here in forum making me more tense with respect to L...
And as you suggested , I'd logged out of the forum chats and revised well for my speaking exam which was on the very next day ( 28th july ) and just to let you know I scored a 9 in speaking :)
Wow!! awesome score in speaking I'm also considering resitting the test to increase my speaking and writing score bcz now I know with proper time management in writing nd controlling my nerves in speaking, I am capable of reaching CLB10, so maybe I will book test on Aug 24th

Ria-sharma

Star Member
Jul 14, 2019
I believe you just got nervous seeing the diagram nd got distracted, you just need to be focused on the test without stressing about the type of questions.. I scored well in listening bcz I was relaxed nd entirely focused on the task without getting overwhelmed by the thing that it was a diagram ( I never attempted diagram in any of my practice tests so for a split second I was also worried, but that was it) maybe I was more composed bcz it was my second attempt.. calmness nd focus is the key in listening

DrKT

Star Member
Jun 14, 2019
Wow!! awesome score in speaking I'm also considering resitting the test to increase my speaking and writing score bcz now I know with proper time management in writing nd controlling my nerves in speaking, I am capable of reaching CLB10, so maybe I will book test on Aug 24th
Haven't you achieved the 8777 benchmark ?
Whats the need to write the exam again when it wont make much of a difference to your crs ?
Just curious

DrKT

Star Member
Jun 14, 2019
I believe you just got nervous seeing the diagram nd got distracted, you just need to be focused on the test without stressing about the type of questions.. I scored well in listening bcz I was relaxed nd entirely focused on the task without getting overwhelmed by the thing that it was a diagram ( I never attempted diagram in any of my practice tests so for a split second I was also worried, but that was it) maybe I was more composed bcz it was my second attempt.. calmness nd focus is the key in listening
You are spot on.
When the L paper was given...I first flipped through and saw the diagrams and thumped my heart saying Oh no yaar...the trap is awaiting me :D

( i was telling my frnds prior to the exam...if maps dont come... i will seal the deal for sure and walk out of the exam hall ...meaning..i am confident of 36 + guarenteed. )

Ria-sharma

Star Member
Jul 14, 2019
Haven't you achieved the 8777 benchmark ?
Whats the need to write the exam again when it wont make much of a difference to your crs ?
Just curious
I will gain 6 more points with CLB10, and also this time I will not have any pressure on my mind as I'm already on the safe side just want to improve the mistakes which I made in this test

DrKT

Star Member
Jun 14, 2019
I will gain 6 more points with CLB10, and also this time I will not have any pressure on my mind as I'm already on the safe side just want to improve the mistakes which I made in this test
All the very best.
When are you planning to write the exam ?

Ashok8149

Mar 22, 2019
Enquiry on Results (EoR)
download the Enquiry on Result Application form from the Downloads section. The form is also available with IDP branch offices.

Complete the application for and submit/courier the same, along with the fee of INR 9,500 (Rupees Nine Thousand Five Hundred only) (inclusive of all taxes) is applicable.

Note :Kindly ensure following documents are sent with EOR application form

• Clear copy of First & Last page of passport
  • Cancelled cheque or bank passbook copy- should have bank Account No, Name & IFSC code specified
thanks but mine is through BC, is the fees & procedure same ?

DrKT

Star Member
Jun 14, 2019
if I opt for taking exam again, could you please provide some tips for speaking test?
Am no pro unlike a few here , but S is definetly my strength.

It would be unfair if I say I got a 9 by doing some IELTS speaking preparation.

I have been an avid reader of the newspaper since class 5 which has helped me to improve not only my grammar and vocab but also helped me immensly to have a sound word-base for any given topic...Share market , sports , politics anything !!
I improvised this to such an extent that if any random general topic is asked...i have a minimum knowledge about it..( something sensible and relevant to speak ) rather than being dumbfounded.

So I did not have to browse through before exam to find words for particular topics.

Also I speak at public events, write articles for my medical journals, did a bit of script-writing for plays and also had the opportunity to host events.

So all in all its a culmination of what I have learnt from the past 15 years.

2 weeks before the exam , I practised speaking by going through random topics ( Eg. makkar ielts - browse it on youtube) - I did not use that source to build my answers but practiced with my own word-base.

P.S the topic i was asked for speaking was about PERFUMES.
A topic that i never ever came across anywhere.
For eg. I used words like Olfactory perception ( sense of smell ) , fragrance , odour etc rather than nice smell etc.

Also another tip for speaking which I applied is -
I dont answer immediately to the question.
I pause for 2 seconds during which I pick 1 or 2 BEST words
( from the word-base stored in my brain) which I think can impress the examiner and then speak out.

So I am sure that am not using some ordinary , repeatedly used -by many type of adjectives.

1 last thing ,
No matter how confident I was about speaking , reading the experiences of people in this forum, I understood that I cannot take anything for granted. And buried my head into the books and seriously practiced a day before the exam.