+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2282 User support technicians NOC - Job Description Question

Simon111

Apr 15, 2019
Hi everyone,

I'm looking to apply for 2282 NOC for my Express Entry, can you please advise whether the duties listed below are good enough for this NOC - is there any other NOC that is better fit for below description?

I may be able to request for slight wording changes in the duties so if there's anything that I can add/remove from the list of duties to increase the chance of acceptance, please let me know.

Duties as listed on my company's reference letter:

· Identify, review and resolve system mismatches between the front-end EDI platforms (Sunrise/SVU) and back-end systems (Entsia/Sirius)
· Provide an interface and system advocacy for system engineers, operations staff and insurance brokers
· Liaise with internal and external users experiencing difficulties on electronic platforms to determine the source of issue and implement solutions
· Refer to process manuals and user guides to resolve and assist users in troubleshooting BAU technical issues
· Document and record new system issues and misalignments with business analysts to come up with potential solutions
· Replicate system issues and complete “User Acceptance Testing “ activities to determine the most appropriate solution
· Facilitate a continuous improvement philosophy and maintain a log of system issues and potential solutions for future reference (by other team member - required?) and redesign
· Train new and existing staff on identified issues to enhance system knowledge and capability
· Ad-hoc project work as assigned by team leader

Many many thanks!
Cheers.

2282 NOC - http://noc.esdc.gc.ca/English/noc/Profile.aspx?val=2&val1=2282&ver=16
Lead statement
Technicians in this unit group provide first-line technical support to computer users experiencing difficulties with computer hardware and with computer applications and communications software. They are employed by computer hardware manufacturers and retailers, software developers, in call centres and in information technology units throughout the public and private sectors. Technicians in this unit group are also employed by independent technical support companies or they may be self-employed.
Main duties
User support technicians perform some or all of the following duties:
  • Communicate electronically and in person with computer users experiencing difficulties to determine and document problems experienced
  • Consult user guides, technical manuals and other documents to research and implement solutions
  • Reproduce, diagnose and resolve technical problems encountered by users
  • Provide advice and training to users in response to identified difficulties
  • Provide business systems, network and Internet support to users in response to identified difficulties
  • Collect, organize and maintain a problems and solutions log for use by other technical support analysts
  • Participate in the redesign of applications and other software
  • May supervise other technical support workers in this group.

MandeepSinghBatth

Sep 24, 2018
Hi everyone,

I'm looking to apply for 2282 NOC for my Express Entry, can you please advise whether the duties listed below are good enough for this NOC - is there any other NOC that is better fit for below description?

I may be able to request for slight wording changes in the duties so if there's anything that I can add/remove from the list of duties to increase the chance of acceptance, please let me know.

Duties as listed on my company's reference letter:

· Identify, review and resolve system mismatches between the front-end EDI platforms (Sunrise/SVU) and back-end systems (Entsia/Sirius)
· Provide an interface and system advocacy for system engineers, operations staff and insurance brokers
· Liaise with internal and external users experiencing difficulties on electronic platforms to determine the source of issue and implement solutions
· Refer to process manuals and user guides to resolve and assist users in troubleshooting BAU technical issues
· Document and record new system issues and misalignments with business analysts to come up with potential solutions
· Replicate system issues and complete “User Acceptance Testing “ activities to determine the most appropriate solution
· Facilitate a continuous improvement philosophy and maintain a log of system issues and potential solutions for future reference (by other team member - required?) and redesign
· Train new and existing staff on identified issues to enhance system knowledge and capability
· Ad-hoc project work as assigned by team leader

Many many thanks!
Cheers.

2282 NOC - http://noc.esdc.gc.ca/English/noc/Profile.aspx?val=2&val1=2282&ver=16
Lead statement
Technicians in this unit group provide first-line technical support to computer users experiencing difficulties with computer hardware and with computer applications and communications software. They are employed by computer hardware manufacturers and retailers, software developers, in call centres and in information technology units throughout the public and private sectors. Technicians in this unit group are also employed by independent technical support companies or they may be self-employed.
Main duties
User support technicians perform some or all of the following duties:

• Communicate electronically and in person with computer users experiencing difficulties to determine and document problems experienced
  • Consult user guides, technical manuals and other documents to research and implement solutions
  • Reproduce, diagnose and resolve technical problems encountered by users
  • Provide advice and training to users in response to identified difficulties
  • Provide business systems, network and Internet support to users in response to identified difficulties
  • Collect, organize and maintain a problems and solutions log for use by other technical support analysts
  • Participate in the redesign of applications and other software
  • May supervise other technical support workers in this group.
Hi,
Did you get PR with these roles and responsibilities as User Support Technician (2282 NOC)?
Thanks