rajbabu23

Star Member
Sep 8, 2020
Chennai
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Hi All,

I have completed my Bachelors in Mechanical Engineering in 2014 and MBA in Technology Management (Distance Education) in 2021. I have 7 years of IT experience in the field of Software Automation Testing, Quality Assurance and Engineering. My experience is split as below.

Apr-2015 to May-2021: Company A (MNC)
May-2021 to Dec-2021: Company B (MNC)
Dec-2021 to till date: Company C (MNC)

I would like to know if the below roles and responsibilities from Company A in which I have worked for 6 years would be suitable to apply for express entry under
2173 (NOC 2016 v1.3): https://noc.esdc.gc.ca/Structure/NocProfile?objectid=FjDrOrRSvpsVio22ZFu7ip8ojR6mo8YAIUXipKgwV60= (contains title as Software testing engineer)
21231 (NOC 2021 v1.0):
https://noc.esdc.gc.ca/Structure/NocProfile?objectid=s+18U2GgCu7IIJq7TKb3GrKyNg8uVSExHr0Qyk7WAV4= (contains titles as Automation engineer – software, Software quality assurance (QA) engineer, Software testing engineer, Test automation engineer – software)

Employment Type: Full Time (45 hours per week)
Role Description:

Associated with the project and has been engaged in providing IT services in the areas of software development and software testing life cycle such as, requirement gathering and analysis, test planning and test design, test data setup and test development, test execution and closure. He has been involved in resource training and provided technical consultation in the area of test automation. He has grown and played different roles in the project to meet the Client requirement and has been working on different modules and applications in the project fulfilling the roles as a Test Analyst, as a Software Test Automation Engineer, as a Software Development Engineer in Test and as a Team Leader. He has also played a role in ensuring standards in the customer deliverables and to improve the Customer satisfaction by taking part in driving various organizational activities.

Roles and Responsibilities in the project:
  • Gather requirements from users.
  • Analyse and translate to develop Test Plan and Test Design documents.
  • Involve in Test Data and Test Environment Setup.
  • Involve in Test Execution, Defect Identification and logging. Perform follow up on defect fix implementation, retest and confirm on Defect Rectification and Closure.
  • Assure sign-off for testing and quality. Prepare Test Closure and Test Metrics documents.
  • Engage and coordinate with other resources and IT professional teams as and when required to ensure smooth and timely progress and meet deliverable deadlines.
  • Responsible for proper allocation, maintenance and management of mobile devices and other physical assets.
  • Key member in Development of Automated Test Scenarios, Execution and Maintenance of Test Scripts.
  • Involve in Migration of Automated Test Scripts across different Testing Techniques.
  • Involve in Production Test Script Development for L1 Support Team.
  • Perform Pull Request Reviews for Automated Test Code and ensure coding standards are met as per Industry and Client Requirements.
  • Involve in tasks to facilitate Test Automation by exposing the locators and adding missing locators in development code base.
  • Develop mock data, validate and maintain the same to facilitate faster test execution.
  • Took part in Test Automation and Innovation Meetings and provide ideas and solutions.
  • Represent QA Team in various Stakeholder Meetings and discussions related to Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery Implementation.
  • Implement Continuous Testing using Jenkins to enable unmanned, scheduled automated tests.
  • Involve in implementing Life Cycle Automation Approach by combining UI and API Automation Test Scripts thereby to reduce Regression timeline.
  • Form a Team and perform various Proof of Concept Activities related to Automated Testing.
  • As an Associate, has taken up the roles and responsibilities of a Team Lead by providing on the job training to entire project members and coordinating tasks with Offshore and Onsite Team Leads and Manager.

kimi_pat

Star Member
May 2, 2017
@rajbabu23 I am not an expert in QA domain but I see you have included the job duties from 21231. So as long as you include some or all of the duties (by changing some wordings), it should be fine. So it all looks good to me, however I will let some experts in QA share their thoughts too. Apologies that I cant give you concrete answer. Good luck!

Reactions: rajbabu23

rajbabu23

Star Member
Sep 8, 2020
Chennai
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
@rajbabu23 I am not an expert in QA domain but I see you have included the job duties from 21231. So as long as you include some or all of the duties (by changing some wordings), it should be fine. So it all looks good to me, however I will let some experts in QA share their thoughts too. Apologies that I cant give you concrete answer. Good luck!
Thank you @kimi_pat :)

Reactions: kimi_pat