+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2023 PR Applications Timeline (Protected Persons & Refugees)

Del2mark000

Mar 5, 2024
Hello guys, I need your assistance; I got a letter from IRCC informing me that my file has been transferred to Brampton CPC for further processing. I applied in Feb. 28th 2023. I have received AOR and I also called IRCC and the agent said I have passed medical, background check and eligibility. That my application is awaiting decision. Can someone tell me the possible reason for the transfer of my file and what to do. Thanks guys

md.ali22

Star Member
May 2, 2023
Hello guys, I need your assistance; I got a letter from IRCC informing me that my file has been transferred to Brampton CPC for further processing. I applied in Feb. 28th 2023. I have received AOR and I also called IRCC and the agent said I have passed medical, background check and eligibility. That my application is awaiting decision. Can someone tell me the possible reason for the transfer of my file and what to do. Thanks guys
Congratulations. When did you get this letter? Do you have any kind of police records inside or outside Canada? Maybe for this reason.

Star55

Star Member
Jul 6, 2023
Did you received pre-arrival and Eligibility also?

jinglebell0123

Jun 4, 2021
Burnaby, Canada
Category........
Other
Hello folk, I have some questions. What happens if someone receives welfare for a long time and at the same time waits for PR results? Does this situation affect or prolong the PR application process or inadmissible?
I don't think it will affect your application. However if you can work then it is better to find a job and start working. They can't deny PR because of getting assistance.

prasanna_121

Oct 3, 2023
Congratulations. When did you get this letter? Do you have any kind of police records inside or outside Canada? Maybe for this reason.
I had the same letter on June 2023, until now no news , still in progress , never know when this will be process again

tirunesh

Mar 7, 2024
Hello everyone. My wife just became a protected person. She is about to apply for PR. My question is does the new TRV policy for spouses apply to dependents of Protected persons or is it only for family class applicants. If not which is a better route for applying TRV. Apply as someone who is going to stay there while the PR application is in progress or state that you are only there to visit your spouse and that you will return by showing home ties. Another question is, is applying PR together better than applying later as family class sponsorship because I have seen the timelines and they don't add up. It seems like the family class sponsorship after primary applicant gets the PR is faster.. Thank you

Canadian_rainbow

Aug 30, 2022
Hi folks!
I applied pr in May 30th, 2023.
GCMS information request.
I received them yesterday.

ASSESSMENTS
Eligibility: Not Started
Security: Not Started
HIRV:
Criminality: P a s s e d
Org Crime:
Medical: Passed
Misrepresentation:
Info Sharing: In Progress
Other Reqs:
Final:

Also there is special program. Do you have any idea what is that mean?

Special program 1
Primary:Y
Special program: PRBIO 2

Thank you!

md.ali22

Star Member
May 2, 2023
Hi folks!
I applied pr in May 30th, 2023.
GCMS information request.
I received them yesterday.

ASSESSMENTS
Eligibility: Not Started
Security: Not Started
HIRV:
Criminality: P a s s e d
Org Crime:
Medical: Passed
Misrepresentation:
Info Sharing: In Progress
Other Reqs:
Final:

Also there is special program. Do you have any idea what is that mean?

Special program 1
Primary:Y
Special program: PRBIO 2

Thank you!
I also received the same note (PRBIO). I think it's about the biometric exempt program. They use previous biometric records for our current PR file.

Last edited:
Reactions: Canadian_rainbow

Florcita

Star Member
Feb 18, 2024
AOR Received.
27-10-2023
Hello everyone. My wife just became a protected person. She is about to apply for PR. My question is does the new TRV policy for spouses apply to dependents of Protected persons or is it only for family class applicants. If not which is a better route for applying TRV. Apply as someone who is going to stay there while the PR application is in progress or state that you are only there to visit your spouse and that you will return by showing home ties. Another question is, is applying PR together better than applying later as family class sponsorship because I have seen the timelines and they don't add up. It seems like the family class sponsorship after primary applicant gets the PR is faster.. Thank you

Hi. I dont want You be disappointed But must have realistic expectatives. I'm same situation. My family applied For visitor visa and it was denied because family ties un Canada . Your wife must include You in her PR documents and You Will get the PR after she get her PR. If You wait For the family sponsor, it Will take longer time. So just have patience and Cross fingers For this year immigration works faster than before . Good luck.

Db1000

Star Member
Aug 8, 2022
Hi,
Any Jan , Feb & March did you receive update ?
Feb 2023 applicant here.

I received prearrival and eligibility in Feb 2024.

Called IRCC, basically the last step left for me is background check. The agent said it has already been started but can’t determine the timeline.

it’s just a waiting game atp.

Reactions: Star55 and pkrgamer

pkrgamer

Jan 4, 2024
Feb 2023 applicant here.

I received prearrival and eligibility in Feb 2024.

Called IRCC, basically the last step left for me is background check. The agent said it has already been started but can’t determine the timeline.

it’s just a waiting game atp.
do you have dependents?