+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2023 PR Applications Timeline (Protected Persons & Refugees)

shankora

Feb 22, 2024
My name is Mohammed i am protected person in Canada. When I submit my PR application i made a mistake. My son's name is Bilal mohammed Yimam and my name is mohammed yimam SHIBESH but my son birth certificate says as his father's name is Mohammed yimam SHIBESHE. So what shall i do?

Florcita

Star Member
Feb 18, 2024
AOR Received.
27-10-2023
Hi Folks
Protected person, PR application on Feb 2023

Timeline below

PR Submission in Feb 2023.
Incomplete Application letter on July 5, 2023 submitted same day
AOR on July 20, 2023
Another letter requesting extra info on July 20, 2023 Submitted on same " Schedule A"
Pre-Arrival services Letter on Jan 23, 2024
Eligibility Pass Letter of Feb 8,2024 dated Feb 8, 2024
Again another eligibility pass letter on Feb 16, 2024 dated on Jan 26, 2024
after that no updates

Medical is blank
Background check Not applicable

any Idea what's going on?
, I called IRCC they said its under process and nothing is required from my side

Thanks

You are so lucky. Looks like is moving fast.
From which province did you applied?
I applied on August 2023. And Im on security screening.
Dont know how long will be in this stage.
Do your family have been contacted yet?

Reactions: AB7_RA

AB7_RA

Mar 8, 2024
You are so lucky. Looks like is moving fast.
From which province did you applied?
I applied on August 2023. And Im on security screening.
Dont know how long will be in this stage.
Do your family have been contacted yet?
Thanks,
I applied from Ontario, all family are present in canada

Florcita

Star Member
Feb 18, 2024
AOR Received.
27-10-2023
@Florcita Did you receive pre arrival and eligibility letters?
No yet.
I called last wednesday and officer said I passed background check but im in security screening. Biometrisc done, no need more documents.
I think next is elegibility but no idea how long it will be. My family is in my country of origin.

Olives

Nov 16, 2022
Any news who applied on November 2023?
I got G number last week with biometrics
I applied on Nov 30, 2023.
Feb 24 - Got AOR email, G application number and request for Biometrics. Medical passed.
Mar 4 - Biometrics done
The latest update on my account:
1. They’re reviewing my eligibility
2. They are processing my background check and will inform me if they need more info.

Olives

Nov 16, 2022
Just wondering what will come next, please advise…anyone?
1. After all checking and passed BG check, it will be pre-arrival letter? What is it?
2. Then will go to Eligibility letter? How long does it take normally from Pre-arrival to Eligibility?
3. After eligibility, what are the next steps? Any additional documents I will receive?
4. From eligibility to CoPR? How long will it take?
5. At what stage should we request our passports back?
Thank you for your advice

novakul

Star Member
Feb 3, 2024
I applied on Nov 30, 2023.
Feb 24 - Got AOR email, G application number and request for Biometrics. Medical passed.
Mar 4 - Biometrics done
The latest update on my account:
1. They’re reviewing my eligibility
2. They are processing my background check and will inform me if they need more info.
My biometrics done on 1st march , but didn’t receive biometric request or G number for my spouse I only received G number for mine , I’m but concerned about my spouse she didn’t receive anything yet ,
And I am not able to link it with GC key

Db1000

Star Member
Aug 8, 2022
Just wondering what will come next, please advise…anyone?
1. After all checking and passed BG check, it will be pre-arrival letter? What is it?
2. Then will go to Eligibility letter? How long does it take normally from Pre-arrival to Eligibility?
3. After eligibility, what are the next steps? Any additional documents I will receive?
4. From eligibility to CoPR? How long will it take?
5. At what stage should we request our passports back?
Thank you for your advice
Everyone's timeline is different.

You can go through the forum searching for 2022 applicants and 2023 applicants to give you a fair idea.

I applied Feb 2023 and got prearrival and eligility around 1 year. It seems things are moving on quite fast.

No one can tell you definite dates. Do a little bit of research using this forum, people have been kind to put their info to give some of us hope.

Olives

Nov 16, 2022
My biometrics done on 1st march , but didn’t receive biometric request or G number for my spouse I only received G number for mine , I’m but concerned about my spouse she didn’t receive anything yet ,
And I am not able to link it with GC key
You are the main applicant, IRCC may handle your case first then your wife....
I could only link the application after several attempts..... and right after I received the AOR through email. It's interesting, they sent me the BIS (Biometric Instruction Letter) first via email, then I received the AOR the next day...my background check initially was "Not applicable", then changed to "We are processing your background check......" right after the biometric done on March 4th.

himankkohli6

Jun 2, 2023
Hi to everyone, I hope you all get your PR ASAP. As my PR took me more than 4 years to be completed. Am glad that after all the trouble and stress this has put me in it finally done this week. My Aplicacion started January 2020. Good luck everyone
From which province you filled pr ?