+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2023 PR Applications Timeline (Protected Persons & Refugees)

Captain911

Jan 31, 2023
Do you know about dependent overseas can i apply for him for work permit?
Oh if dependent is not in Canada, you cant apply for work permit. First he should get pre arrival service letter and then he will come to Canada. But im not %100 sure.

altdiem

Jul 26, 2023
Oh if dependent is not in Canada, you cant apply for work permit. First he should get pre arrival service letter and then he will come to Canada. But im not %100 sure.
If the spouse already has a visitor visa and can come to Canada, can the spouse apply for OWP once inside Canada? This is the spouse of a protected person who has already applied for PR and included the spouse in the application.

Or do you mean a protected person's spouse can already apply for OWP regardless if they have already applied for PR or not if the said spouse can come to Canada as visitor visa?

Last edited:
Reactions: razrazanan

denvela

Mar 10, 2023
If I receive a favorable outcome from the RPD hearing, can my wife, who holds a tourist visa, apply for an open work permit upon arrival, or is it necessary for me to initiate the PR process before she can secure a work permit? In simpler terms, can the spouse of a refugee claimant or protected person enter the country as a tourist and subsequently apply for a work permit?

Melsi

Star Member
Feb 22, 2023
If the spouse already has a visitor visa and can come to Canada, can the spouse apply for OWP once inside Canada? This is the spouse of a protected person who has already applied for PR.

Or do you mean a protected person's spouse can already apply for OWP regardless if they have already applied for PR or not if the said spouse can come to Canada as visitor visa?
I mean my spouse has already on my pr application and still doesn't have any biometrics or visitors visa ! How he could come to Canada While waiting on this long distance and ling procedures?

Yakhforosh Jahanam

Star Member
Aug 28, 2023
Hello Everyone we recieved the biometrics and Medical letter for depended outside Canada. I want to know how can I set up the GcKey account for depend outside Canada to see the process
In biometric letter I can see the depended application number

Melsi

Star Member
Feb 22, 2023
I
Hello Everyone we recieved the biometrics and Medical letter for depended outside Canada. I want to know how can I set up the GcKey account for depend outside Canada to see the process
In biometric letter I can see the depended application number
Call ircc asked about this because they don't have any options on their website for dependent applications 8882422100

Yakhforosh Jahanam

Star Member
Aug 28, 2023
Hello again.

I have passed medical egibility backgrund and secuirty and my depended outside Canada recieved biometrics and Medical letter and will do it next week is there any idea when me and depended get pr? Is it at the same time?

Reactions: iftikhar0022

magic777

Sep 23, 2023
Hello Friends,
Can we apply PR from our electronic hearing decision letter? I still haven't received my physical decision letter but already received my electronic decision letter.

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you

spamed

Star Member
Oct 10, 2023
Montreal
Category........
Other
All 2023 applicants kindly share your timeline here so we could keep tracking our applications submitted this year. I applied online on Feb 2023.

Hopefully IRCC can take a step processing applications faster this year.
Can we apply for PR online after being accepted as refugee? My lawyer told me they will mail me a form with my NOD and thats when I can apply only. Plz guide

spamed

Star Member
Oct 10, 2023
Montreal
Category........
Other
Yes after receiving the Notice of Decision you can apply for PR because you need to attach this letter as well.
thanks! And the `$600 something payment of processing fee + biometrics is done online right? I submit the receipts with the NOD + forms and then mail them to immigration office?

tasase

Oct 9, 2023
Hi, for those of you that filed at the airport, how long did it take to get an eligibility interview?