+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2023 PR Applications Timeline (Protected Persons & Refugees)

zak86

Nov 13, 2019
Nothing to do man. I know people got their pr processed in less than 6 months and others in 2 years. All depends on the officer
agree I know a few too who got in 6 mon and a few still nothing even after 27 28 months.

Yakhforosh Jahanam

Star Member
Aug 28, 2023
Next step is final decision and portal requested email 2 times. After you submit second portal request, you will wait for your ecopr and then pr card.
Hello I have depebded outside Canada when she will recieve the checklist like biometrics and medical? And we will get pr almost same time? In the letter says that I won’t get pr till medical backgrund and securtie has passed for both protected person and the depended in the file

S4m4r

Oct 12, 2023
I got my NOD on December 09, 2022. Received the official letter in January by mail. I submitted my application for PR on Feb 26, 2023. Received an email from them on May 10, that my application is received and is in queue for review. Received another update to re-submit Immi008 form on May 31 (which is submitted in few days).
Then I received another update on August 31st to submit my police clearance from the country other then my home country (i stayed in Australia for 5 years). I submitted that on Sep 18th and im still waiting for next update. Anyone has any idea what will be the next step? When i check my status over the phone it says they dont need my finger prints and they are checking my background. I submitted my application by my-self (no immigration consultant). I hope this helps but it’s different for everyone. I mostly keep tracking my application by calling IRCC. My processing center is Mississauga. Thankyou

Reactions: jinglebell0123

md.ali22

Star Member
May 2, 2023
i’m athlete and Canada wants to have PR so It flagged like that. Im my
Hi there, how did you flag your case as urgent, you send any web form or what you did. How work this process. Because I am also physician and doctors must be either PR or citizens to start working here. I cannot practice with only a work permit.
I wonder if there are any physicians here in the same situation. Thank you.

B-Nice

Feb 28, 2023
I applied for my PR this August. Submitted everything August 31st,2023. It’s been 6-7 weeks now haven’t received any receipt. Is this ok??

Habiba jannat

Sep 18, 2023
Hello dear all , I’m a protected person status and also I have study permit as I’m enrolled in a college as a full time student. My Pr is processing since I applied 12 June 2023( waiting for the AOR). My question is Can I apply work permit for my husband ( inside Canada). My husband is a visitor record now.

Reactions: Canadian_rainbow

Captain911

Jan 31, 2023
Hello dear all , I’m a protected person status and also I have study permit as I’m enrolled in a college as a full time student. My Pr is processing since I applied 12 June 2023( waiting for the AOR). My question is Can I apply work permit for my husband ( inside Canada). My husband is a visitor record now.
If he is your dependent on your pr application the you can apply work permit for him.