+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2023 PR Applications Timeline (Protected Persons & Refugees)

HereToStay

Aug 21, 2022
Did you apply by paper? The date when says medicals passed is the same as the AOR. And AOR just means they started processing your application so don't worry if you didn't get anything about AOR. Consider your AOR on Aug 29.
I applied online. I just got off the phone with IRCC and yes they told me my application has started to process. Agent told me to drop the X in the application. He said the AOR has not been sent but he went ahead to send a note to the officer with the file to send me an AOR asap. Hopefully I receive it soon.

Reactions: jinglebell0123

moealz

Star Member
May 9, 2022
You won't see any updates on this website, since this is only to submit your application. You should use GCKey account on the IRCC website. Call IRCC and ask them about your temporary number. You should be able to link your application to your GCKey account with that number.
i took the temporary number today, but i can not connect it ot GCkey , what is the problem

himankkohli6

Jun 2, 2023
Hey guys i called ircc today to ask for temporary number for my file but they said they don’t have enough people to answer the call and i should call some other time can anyone pls tell me when should i call them ?

moealz

Star Member
May 9, 2022
Hey guys i called ircc today to ask for temporary number for my file but they said they don’t have enough people to answer the call and i should call some other time can anyone pls tell me when should i call them ?
you should call in the morning, otherwise you won't catch them

HereToStay

Aug 21, 2022
I usually call back a few times in the day to get an agent . The best time I would say is just after 8am

Melsi

Star Member
Feb 22, 2023
I applied paper based PR in January 2023 with family who are overseas in Pilot Program.
AOR received in June 2023.Linked my application in July 2023. Family members got their Biometric and PCC done in Aug 2023.
Since then no update...I haven't spent anytime more than 6 months in any other country except my home country.
Do I have to provide them Police Certificate for my stay within Canada?
If someone has provided , please share.
Hi could you please explain about what is the pilot program? Did you do something else, except add the family overseas dependent on your application ?

jinglebell0123

Jun 4, 2021
Burnaby, Canada
Category........
Other
I usually call them around noon or after, I get to talk to them after calling them two to three times. So just keep calling until you get someone to speak with.

md.ali22

Star Member
May 2, 2023
For anyone wondering:

Submitted online on Feb 22, 2023
Got AOR on Jul 26, 2023.

This is my complete status on GCKey account:

Review of eligibility
  • We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results
  • July 26, 2023 You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents
  • We do not need additional documents.
Interview
  • You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics
  • We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
Hi there, did you see your biometric information on gckey, like biometric number or expiry date? Because in my page no anything.
After my hearing day they removed my previous TRV biometric information.

I checked my biometric validity from this link: https://onlineservices-servicesenligne.cic.gc.ca/extapp/bioStatusQuery?status=startAgain

Last edited:

HereToStay

Aug 21, 2022
What does an AOR state? I got an email from IRCC today which says “Please be advised that your file number – ******* has been updated.” The agent said officer would send me AOR soon but this doesn’t look like an AOR.

jinglebell0123

Jun 4, 2021
Burnaby, Canada
Category........
Other
What does an AOR state? I got an email from IRCC today which says “Please be advised that your file number – ******* has been updated.” The agent said officer would send me AOR soon but this doesn’t look like an AOR.
Acknowledgment of Receipt, it means that IRCC started processing your application. They may not send this notice to everyone, it depends on the officer. They may have made updates to your application, it is better to link it to your GCKey account and check the latest updates.
AOR email starts with this:
"This confirms that your application for permanent residence in Canada has been received by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) on MM/DD/YYYY."

jinglebell0123

Jun 4, 2021
Burnaby, Canada
Category........
Other
Hi there, did you see your biometric information on gckey, like biometric number or expiry date? Because in my page no anything.
After my hearing day they removed my previous TRV biometric information.

I checked my biometric validity from this link: https://onlineservices-servicesenligne.cic.gc.ca/extapp/bioStatusQuery?status=startAgain
I have the same thing, it is blank. Maybe they need a new one for PR that's why they left it blank otherwise mine should be valid as well.

Reactions: md.ali22

pouya1991

Dec 2, 2022
Reactions: md.ali22