+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2023 PR Applications Timeline (Protected Persons & Refugees)

Shiny12

Star Member
Apr 19, 2023
Hi. Thank you so much for the all information. It’s really helpful. The agent from Ircc told me the same thing. Remove the X and you can link. But not now. When they start processing your application they will remove X and send you an email. So I tried many times but I couldn’t link like he said to me. Thank you.
I got the XG number and could not link my application to GCKEY as well. I don't know how long it will take to be able to link it!!!

Shiny12

Star Member
Apr 19, 2023
Bro pls tell your timeline and pls tell how you received the x number by calling them or on email
I was calling IRCC for something else then at the end I asked for the temp number and the agent told me that they have it and provide it to me but it look like means nothing just wait for AOR so you can link your application. I just applied recently.

himankkohli6

Jun 2, 2023
I was calling IRCC for something else then at the end I asked for the temp number and the agent told me that they have it and provide it to me but it look like means nothing just wait for AOR so you can link your application. I just applied recently.
Ok thnx for telling pls tell me when u applied date?

Sphinx13

Star Member
Mar 15, 2020
Pls share your timeline brother?
1. Applied for a refugee claim in mid-2018
2. First hearing in 2020 and received a negative NOD after 6 months in September 2020.
3. Appealed in October 2020 and RAD allowed the appeal in FEB 2021 but referred back to RPD for a second hearing.
4. Had a hearing in December 2022, and received a positive NOD in Jan 2023.
5. PR submitted Online Jan 2023.
6. AOR received in June 2023.
7. Application linked to GC account July 2023.

Reactions: himankkohli6

Db1000

Star Member
Aug 8, 2022
Bro when you applied on the 26th feb did you get any mail from ircc in between before getting aor an email??
Yes, but it says in the email that that's not the acknowledgment of receipt.

With the AOR, you would get an application number included and you can possibly link it to your gckey account.

himankkohli6

Jun 2, 2023

With the AOR, you would get an application number included and you can possibly link it to your gckey account.
Did u received this message

This is an automated message. Do not reply to this email.

Hello,

This email confirms that you have successfully submitted your permanent residence application.

We’ll review your application to make sure you:

• provided all of the information we asked for
  • uploaded all required documents correctly
  • paid the fees

We’ll send you a confirmation email (an acknowledgement of receipt or AOR) once an agent has confirmed your application is complete.

Please note that we’ll return your application to you if it is incomplete.

It can take some time before you receive the AOR.
Check your email regularly to see if you’ve received it. To avoid missing our emails, check your junk or spam folder.

Thank you,
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

Db1000

Star Member
Aug 8, 2022
It says right there

"We’ll send you a confirmation email (an acknowledgement of receipt or AOR) once an agent has confirmed your application is complete."

This is not AOR

himankkohli6

Jun 2, 2023

Ok thnx for telling did you received any temporary number for you pr file like people here are getting x number

Shiny12

Star Member
Apr 19, 2023
Ok thnx for telling did you received any temporary number for you pr file like people here are getting x number
You have to call the IRCC to get the x number. They will not send it to you. I told you this before. But you can not link your application using the x number you have to wait to receive the AOR by email then you can link.

Reactions: himankkohli6

md.ali22

Star Member
May 2, 2023
You have to call the IRCC to get the x number. They will not send it to you. I told you this before. But you can not link your application using the x number you have to wait to receive the AOR by email then you can link.
I received 2 weeks ago temporary application number with attached letter. My question, will I also receive AOR mail or not?

Last edited: