+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2023 October Common-Law / Spousal Sponsorship (Inland)

Master5678

Star Member
May 11, 2023
My wife has a tourist visa and we are currently living together.

She did her biometrics and photos done when she applied for the tourist visa overseas at a visa office. I can see her biometric details on the gc key.

We just received another biometric request though

Is this a normal process or they made a mistake?

Thanks
any update on medical request on your side?

Jkaram

Oct 25, 2023
Update.

BIL done 27/11 still not updated on the system as completed and nothing new since.
Waiting for Quebec CSQ and SA now.
I have the same thing, I completed my biometrics 11/24 and I they have not been updated as complete. Medical is completed and eligibility is complete and Background checks is in progress but no news from the biometrics.
I am a bit worried as a lot of people have their status changed to complete after a day or two. What I did was attach proof that I did them,

Master5678

Star Member
May 11, 2023
Thanks. If I apply for OWP, do I need to apply at least one month before my visitor record expires? I'm asking because I'm waiting for the PR medical request before applying for OWP, but I'm not sure if I will be able to complete it in time.
any update on medical request on your side?

Lili611

Star Member
Dec 15, 2017
You guys making me laugh a lot. I sponsored my wife who was months out of status, visitor visa expired and same with my kids. I sponsored them here in Quebec and they got their PR. Never be so sure of a life you have not lived. You really cracked me up this morning.
first of all. Thank you for your comment.
Secondly, I never said that being lack-of-status will disqualify you from applying in-land. Public policy announced by IRCC indicates that you will be able to apply inland sponsorship while being overstay, etc. However, maintaining your legal status will give you 1 year ahead to be qualified for their citizenship. My friend who was overstayed 4 years after her study permit expired also got her PR too, but she is having a long time for applying her citizenship.

Reactions: Gewornu

rmtl

Aug 27, 2021
first of all. Thank you for your comment.
Secondly, I never said that being lack-of-status will disqualify you from applying in-land. Public policy announced by IRCC indicates that you will be able to apply inland sponsorship while being overstay, etc. However, maintaining your legal status will give you 1 year ahead to be qualified for their citizenship. My friend who was overstayed 4 years after her study permit expired also got her PR too, but she is having a long time for applying her citizenship.
I would add too it puts you in risk if for an emergency or you have to leave for a quick trip you will not be able to do so and of course you will not be able to get OWP. I guess the safest option is to pay 100$ and get a visitor record just in case for an emergency situation

Lili611

Star Member
Dec 15, 2017
I would add too it puts you in risk if for an emergency or you have to leave for a quick trip you will not be able to do so and of course you will not be able to get OWP. I guess the safest option is to pay 100$ and get a visitor record just in case for an emergency situation
right! Paying extra and applied even 2 days before the docs expire will not hurt at all.

manda2023

Aug 22, 2023
Updated timeline:

Spouse Inland
Submitted October 7th, 2023
AOR: November 8th, 2023
BIL: November 21st, 2023
MIL: done in the past
Biometrics completed: December 5th, 2023
Eligibitily completed: December 5th, 2023.
Background verification: in progress

Applied for OWP but that hasn't moved at all, stil in progress.
OWP approval: December 15th, 2023

manda2023

Aug 22, 2023
Thats crazy fast! Congratz on the OWP approval. Did you get any correspondence on your OWP application prior to the approval?
Yes, it was a little over a month. I applied as soon as I got the AOR and I have the medical done already (it was requested for the visa extension). Before approval, I got one status update to say that the biometrics were valid.

Reactions: Master5678

terki

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2012
FLORIDA - MIAMI
LANDED..........
DUAL-CITIZEN - USA/CANADA
Yes, it was a little over a month. I applied as soon as I got the AOR and I have the medical done already (it was requested for the visa extension). Before approval, I got one status update to say that the biometrics were valid.
Congrats ! Pl reconfirm did u apply OWP on Nov 08 [Post AOR] ?

OrangeBlossom

Nov 19, 2023
Ty! Yes, I applied around Nov 9 I think
I'm assuming you are based in Ontario? I too had received a medical request on my previous visitor record application but I suppose I missed seeing it back then and it expired now. Waiting for the PR medical request to submit OWP application currently. But why would they ask us to do a medical while processing a visitor record application?

manda2023

Aug 22, 2023
Oh wow, that's super fast. I guess that with the reaffirming of the public policy they just skip over a lot of processing when it's an OWP nowadays.
Yes, the earlier people can enter the workforce the better.

I'm assuming you are based in Ontario? I too had received a medical request on my previous visitor record application but I suppose I missed seeing it back then and it expired now. Waiting for the PR medical request to submit OWP application currently. But why would they ask us to do a medical while processing a visitor record application?
Yes, based in Ontario. I thought it was a bit unnecessary to have a medical request for a visitor visa extension but they said my extension was conditional to the medical exam, so I ended up doing it. Gladly, they're considering it for the PR and OWP application so it kinda saved me time

rmtl

Aug 27, 2021
My partner went through the same, did the medical exam for the visitor extension and already did the medical. We applied 1st of December so fingers crossed that it will be finalized soon

Reactions: manda2023