+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2023 October Common-Law / Spousal Sponsorship (Inland)

Gewornu

Nov 1, 2023
Received AOR today. Has anyone applied for OHIP using the AOR? I just talked to Service Ontario and the agent told me to visit a SO office with my documents and it's up to the discretion of the agent to decide whether I'm eligible or not. Anyone who's experienced this?
I heard from other guys that you need AIP to get the OHIP. But you can try and see.

Master5678

Star Member
May 11, 2023
Received AOR today. Has anyone applied for OHIP using the AOR? I just talked to Service Ontario and the agent told me to visit a SO office with my documents and it's up to the discretion of the agent to decide whether I'm eligible or not. Anyone who's experienced this?
I know a friend who tried and the agent said to come back with AIP letter

Reactions: YVR123

wchristenw

Nov 22, 2023
Applied Oct 3rd
Received AOR Nov 2nd
No medical or biometrics request yet.
I haven’t seen many people on here for October mention getting those requests yet, so I wouldn’t worry if we’re all in the same boat. I’m sure we will get it eventually.

Reactions: Gill$&@ and Gewornu

OrangeBlossom

Nov 19, 2023
Hi guys,

Im getting a bit frustrated with the website to apply for the Open Work Permit. I go to onlineservices-servicesenligne.cic.gc.ca , I'm logged in etc and then I have to answer a questionnaire that is supposed to give me the correct OWP checklist for inland spouse.

My problem is with question number 2.

1 - What would you like to do in Canada? Work, because this is for OWP.
2 - How long are you planning to stay in Canada? If I select permanently, which I understand is the correct answer, since I literally applied for PR, it doesn't bring me to the application. It just ends with "you may be eligible for OWP under spousal inland sponsorship." So I selected "temporarily, more than 6 months". This brings me to the application but shows me the following form as well: Application for a Temporary Resident Visa Made Outside Canada (IMM 5257).

Pls can someone shed some light on this? Should I just ignore this form, fill it up eventhough it doesnt seem to be applicable? Or am I doing it entirely wrong and this is not the place to apply for the OWP?

Tyvm!
Please update with what you decide to do, I'm keen on applying for OPW as well but the timelines are so long that it feels redundant to do so.

Master5678

Star Member
May 11, 2023
Hi guys,

Im getting a bit frustrated with the website to apply for the Open Work Permit. I go to onlineservices-servicesenligne.cic.gc.ca , I'm logged in etc and then I have to answer a questionnaire that is supposed to give me the correct OWP checklist for inland spouse.

My problem is with question number 2.

1 - What would you like to do in Canada? Work, because this is for OWP.
2 - How long are you planning to stay in Canada? If I select permanently, which I understand is the correct answer, since I literally applied for PR, it doesn't bring me to the application. It just ends with "you may be eligible for OWP under spousal inland sponsorship." So I selected "temporarily, more than 6 months". This brings me to the application but shows me the following form as well: Application for a Temporary Resident Visa Made Outside Canada (IMM 5257).

Pls can someone shed some light on this? Should I just ignore this form, fill it up eventhough it doesnt seem to be applicable? Or am I doing it entirely wrong and this is not the place to apply for the OWP?

Tyvm!

I watched Hit & Submit and applied for OWP. I was making the same mistake as you did. I changed it to "Temporarily to 6 months" and it worked.

Reactions: manda2023

manda2023

Aug 22, 2023
Please update with what you decide to do, I'm keen on applying for OPW as well but the timelines are so long that it feels redundant to do so.
I ended up submitting the form Application for a Temporary Resident Visa Made Outside Canada (IMM 5257). Even though it didn't seem to make sense and it was optional, I figure it would be best to submit it rather than risking it.

And as others have said, you have to select "temporarily more than 6 months" in the questionnaire otherwise it doesn't reach the application page.

Master5678

Star Member
May 11, 2023
I ended up submitting the form Application for a Temporary Resident Visa Made Outside Canada (IMM 5257). Even though it didn't seem to make sense and it was optional, I figure it would be best to submit it rather than risking it.

And as others have said, you have to select "temporarily more than 6 months" in the questionnaire otherwise it doesn't reach the application page.
Fair enough. I highly doubt OWP arrives prior PR so its essentially useless anyways. Also is the photo the same as the PR photo we submit?