+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

<<<<<<<<<<<<<2023 ECOPR Timeline>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

M V Arun

Feb 19, 2022
Hi Arun,
congrats!
we have similar date... Oct 10th is when i submitted pic on PR portal. but my VC is montreal.

Question: once u get eCOPR, can we travel to India ( i have tickets in Dec).

thanks
Aravind
Thank you, To my knowledge, you can travel but in order to come back to Canada, I think you will need PRTD which can take 2-8weeks. Considering current situation, it could be still longer duration (since currently 3 visa offices are closed in India). I am not an expert on this, but I am just telling what I know.

aravindguruswamy

Star Member
Aug 16, 2021
Thank you, To my knowledge, you can travel but in order to come back to Canada, I think you will need PRTD which can take 2-8weeks. Considering current situation, it could be still longer duration (since currently 3 visa offices are closed in India). I am not an expert on this, but I am just telling what I know.

Thanks Arun.
I have plans to stay 6-8 weeks in india... so maybe apply PRTD as soon as i arrive!!
Good to know we can travel ....

v-rachen

Mar 10, 2019
Agent said we are looking at 2 months after COPR. So better to avoid travel until you get PR. Otherwise you can just take a chance and try to apply for PRTD. With Canada Visa offices closed down in India, no one can predict timelines. I've postponed my travel 2 times so far. My current travel is for Jan 9. Hope fully, If I'm lucky I may not have to postpone. I uploaded photo on Sep 21. No COPR yet.

Reactions: aravindguruswamy

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
Question is I have travel plans to india in December. Can i still do it?
what should i do to come back (entry?)
Any complications or impact on my PR?
any expert to advise please!!!

VO Montreal
  • Information Request for PR Confirmation (email): September 13th 2023
  • Replied to the email confirming personal information: September 14th
  • Portal Invite (email) for PR Confirmation confirming address in canada: October 4
  • Uploading address & picture: October 10th
  • eCOPR: Pending
  • PR Card Arrived: Pending
eCoPR can take 6-8 weeks unless lucky with Montreal
You can leave the country without any issue
To return back , you will need PRTD since even if eCoPR is issued it is not valid for travel
If you return before eCoPR, your TRV is still valid
In some cases of travel, people reply to the Portal Email mentioning that they are outside country with a definite travel plan. In such cases IRCC will hold off on issuing CoPR so you can travel on your existing TRV

Good Luck

Reactions: aravindguruswamy