+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

<<<<<<<<<<<<<2023 ECOPR Timeline>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Petejames

Star Member
Dec 21, 2022
i have been waiting for 60 days now. And i am planning to apply for bowp because my work permit will expire this coming December. The question is, after applying for bowp can i work in other company while bowp application is in process? and just waiting for the ecopr? Anyone have tried before? Thanks

Reactions: maple_steve

maple_steve

Oct 10, 2023
i have been waiting for 60 days now. And i am planning to apply for bowp because my work permit will expire this coming December. The question is, after applying for bowp can i work in other company while bowp application is in process? and just waiting for the ecopr? Anyone have tried before? Thanks
I applied for a BOWP the day before my work permit expired. I have been waiting 60 days for the eCOPR. My understanding is that yes you can get another job when you're on maintained status BUT it is a very unusual and difficult scenario to explain to employers. They might just pass over you because it's risky and unusual if someone else just has a normal visa situation (or citizenship of course).

Petejames

Star Member
Dec 21, 2022
I applied for a BOWP the day before my work permit expired. I have been waiting 60 days for the eCOPR. My understanding is that yes you can get another job when you're on maintained status BUT it is a very unusual and difficult scenario to explain to employers. They might just pass over you because it's risky and unusual if someone else just has a normal visa situation (or citizenship of course).
Did you received the bowp approval?

Petejames

Star Member
Dec 21, 2022
I guess you are still working in same company? How about your sin did you updated it? I have my wife and daughter in here with me

Donix2018

Jun 12, 2018
Manitoba
Category........
PNP
Nomination.....
10-12-2022
I confirmed my presence in Canada on September 18th. Still waiting.

Called IRCC to ask about the delay. They said they have huge backlog in Montreal VO and can’t tell how long it will take.
I wonder what's holding up our eCOPRs. It's been 2 months already. Has the quota for this year's PR already been met?

G.Jhansall

Apr 18, 2019
I called the IRCC and they have told me my file is in CPC Edmonton which is primary office and secondary office is Montreal and everything is completed except the medical on file and has not verified yet. I don’t know what to do . Anybody any idea?

SarahPart

Star Member
Jul 4, 2023
Received my eCoPR today after 62 days. Portal 2 was received the 5th of september and informations uploaded the same day.

Montreal VO
Congrats! Even if frustrating, you at least got it now.
Hoping the cards won't take that long. The "journey of patience" will end soon!

Fingers crossed.