+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

<<<<<<<<<<<<<2023 ECOPR Timeline>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Ketul005

Star Member
Oct 15, 2021
Hi All,

I applied for PR (inland) through FSW EE stream in May, 2023. I received the Portal 1 email on Dec 1st, 2023. However, I left Canada due to a personal emergency and don’t know if I can go back in the next 3 months. I responded to the portal 1 email saying that I am not in Canada with my expected return date. However, IRCC responded saying that further processing can be done only after I return to Canada. My return to Canada is largely dependent on my family situation and as such, I don’t know when I will be back. In addition, the COPR created on the IRCC tracker page shows an expiry date of May 24, 2024. I left Canada as I thought one doesn’t need to be in the country while awaiting PR application, I didn’t know that my application would not be processed further until I am back in the country. I thought I could get the COPR at the border when I reenter after getting passport stamped with PRTD. Does anyone know if I have any options? I tried calling IRCC, and the agent said that I will need to go back to Canada and revert to that email with updated information. I would appreciate any advice on this. Thank you.
Just one thing that don’t lie in your declaration, they will just hold decision. Wait till your last day of departure if you receive Ecopr then it’s best if not so reply to P1 and mention return date. They will just hold your Ecopr. When you come here then on that day email them back that you arrived to Canada. They will issue Ecopr after that.

malex6

Dec 9, 2023
Just one thing that don’t lie in your declaration, they will just hold decision. Wait till your last day of departure if you receive Ecopr then it’s best if not so reply to P1 and mention return date. They will just hold your Ecopr. When you come here then on that day email them back that you arrived to Canada. They will issue Ecopr after that.
thanks a lot. I am just wondering if that process will take a long time ie to issue the eCOPR. I might not be able to be in the country for 3 months waiting for eCOPR as I also quit my job and stuff.

sami101

Jun 9, 2022
Hello, I am an inland cec applicant. I submitted photo and address on Oct 27 and have been waiting for ecopr ever since. I noticed that many are mentioning the ecopr expiry date. From the ircc letter I know my office is Montreal but could anyone please tell me how I can find the ecopr expiry date? Seems like they are taking 3 months+ to issue this document now and issueing them based on the expiry date? I just wanted to get an approximate idea.

Another thing, I travel outside Canada for work and what I understood is that after I submit the photo and address in portal 2 and declare my presence in Canada, I cannot go outside Canada until the ecopr is issued. Is that correct? I believe I can travel once I get the ecopr as I have a valid visitor visa in my home country passport (so I am guessing I wouldn't need to apply for PRTD).

I originally thought it would take 1 month for ircc to issue the ecopr but seems like it is taking more than 3 months based on the recent posts in this forum. Could anyone suggest if there are any options for me to travel outside Canada before the ecopr is issued after my declaration of presence on portal 2? It does not make any sense to keep people from travelling as some may have emergency and others may need to travel for work like me :(

Thank you for your support.

chenkmuruki

Aug 4, 2023
Hello, I am an inland cec applicant. I submitted photo and address on Oct 27 and have been waiting for ecopr ever since. I noticed that many are mentioning the ecopr expiry date. From the ircc letter I know my office is Montreal but could anyone please tell me how I can find the ecopr expiry date? Seems like they are taking 3 months+ to issue this document now and issueing them based on the expiry date? I just wanted to get an approximate idea.

You can find your COPR expiration date at the bottom of the home page in your tracker in the Summary of documents status section https://ircc-tracker-suivi.apps.cic.gc.ca/

Reactions: sami101

malex6

Dec 9, 2023

Another thing, I travel outside Canada for work and what I understood is that after I submit the photo and address in portal 2 and declare my presence in Canada, I cannot go outside Canada until the ecopr is issued. Is that correct? I believe I can travel once I get the ecopr as I have a valid visitor visa in my home country passport (so I am guessing I wouldn't need to apply for PRTD).

I originally thought it would take 1 month for ircc to issue the ecopr but seems like it is taking more than 3 months based on the recent posts in this forum. Could anyone suggest if there are any options for me to travel outside Canada before the ecopr is issued after my declaration of presence on portal 2? It does not make any sense to keep people from travelling as some may have emergency and others may need to travel for work like me :(

I think once you get the eCOPR, you can apply for a PRTD if you’re outside Canada. Once eCOPR is issued, any current permits and visas will be void and you would have to travel back via private vehicle over land border (e.g. US). So there might be a risk that the eCOPR is issued when you’re outside the country. Do you have a valid US visa?

Reactions: sami101