+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2022 TRV's

m7_1212

Jan 19, 2024
Inland TRV applied 17th of July, 2022. No updates till today. Submitted many webforms, only response saying still in progress. Eligibility completed, but background still in progress. This is beyond insane.

I had to travel out. What should I do? Will they complete the application or there's no hope?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Inland TRV applied 17th of July, 2022. No updates till today. Submitted many webforms, only response saying still in progress. Eligibility completed, but background still in progress. This is beyond insane.

I had to travel out. What should I do? Will they complete the application or there's no hope?
What is your status in Canada, if inland? Have you considered withdrawing and resubmitting?

m7_1212

Jan 19, 2024
What is your status in Canada, if inland? Have you considered withdrawing and resubmitting?
I had to travel in Feb last year to renew some documents in UAE, had to be in person. I can't withdraw and reapply now it's very complicated and I'm afraid it will take longer or get refused. Any other possibility?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I had to travel in Feb last year to renew some documents in UAE, had to be in person. I can't withdraw and reapply now it's very complicated and I'm afraid it will take longer or get refused. Any other possibility?
So you are in Canada? If so what is your status? And applied in 2022 but left Canada in Feb. 2023. When did your TRV expire?

m7_1212

Jan 19, 2024
So you are in Canada? If so what is your status? And applied in 2022 but left Canada in Feb. 2023. When did your TRV expire?
I was but not in Canada anymore. I'm a student, but applied for a renewal for my TRV because it was expiring in August 2022. left Canada in feb 2022. Now it's stuck on background check since then.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I was but not in Canada anymore. I'm a student, but applied for a renewal for my TRV because it was expiring in August 2022. left Canada in feb 2022. Now it's stuck on background check since then.
So you first post said inland TRV and wouldn’t be inland if you left Canada. Also there is not such thing as renewal. You are applying for a new TRV. Because you left Canada while processing, there is not much you can do. Since you don’t want to reapply (it has been 2 years), all you can do is wait. I would reapply. It cannot be any longer than it already has. Are you in your country of citizenship? What are reasons to return to Canada?

m7_1212

Jan 19, 2024
So you first post said inland TRV and wouldn’t be inland if you left Canada. Also there is not such thing as renewal. You are applying for a new TRV. Because you left Canada while processing, there is not much you can do. Since you don’t want to reapply (it has been 2 years), all you can do is wait. I would reapply. It cannot be any longer than it already has. Are you in your country of citizenship? What are reasons to return to Canada?
I'm a resident, and travelled to renew my residency. I'll wait that's all I can do as you said, but my question was will I get an answer even if I wait?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I'm a resident, and travelled to renew my residency. I'll wait that's all I can do as you said, but my question was will I get an answer even if I wait?
You will get an answer at some point. Being a resident is not the same as citizen. So IRCC will also look at immigration/background/ties to country of citizenship.

m7_1212

Jan 19, 2024
You will get an answer at some point. Being a resident is not the same as citizen. So IRCC will also look at immigration/background/ties to country of citizenship.
There's no problem on this. I've had my trv before and had no issues. I'm just very surprised of how long did this one time took. I've read here some people got their visa on a range of 1-3 years, but I'm wondering if anyone applied at the same time as me and got theirs recently. If I re-apply do you suggest I apply for a new visitor visa or should I apply for a new study permit since I already need an extension for the old one? Which one would be faster?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
There's no problem on this. I've had my trv before and had no issues. I'm just very surprised of how long did this one time took. I've read here some people got their visa on a range of 1-3 years, but I'm wondering if anyone applied at the same time as me and got theirs recently. If I re-apply do you suggest I apply for a new visitor visa or should I apply for a new study permit since I already need an extension for the old one? Which one would be faster?
What is date on study permit? How is your study permit even valid if you have been out of the country for 2 years? School is mandated to contact IRCC to cancel permit if you are no longer a student. If you are coming to study and not visit, apply for a study permit.

m7_1212

Jan 19, 2024
What is date on study permit? How is your study permit even valid if you have been out of the country for 2 years? School is mandated to contact IRCC to cancel permit if you are no longer a student. If you are coming to study and not visit, apply for a study permit.
But it's valid until 2026. I left feb 2023 so it hasn't been even a year yet. I heard as long as it's valid it's fine you just need to apply for an extension.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
But it's valid until 2026. I left feb 2023 so it hasn't been even a year yet. I heard as long as it's valid it's fine you just need to apply for an extension.
Have you checked to see if your study permit is cancelled since you haven’t studied in a year so you don’t meet conditions of study permit, and school must inform IRCC that you are not longer a student.

m7_1212

Jan 19, 2024
my file on what exactly? I contacted the school but they just told to re-apply and the Internationalization office said it won't affect my visa application it will only has an effect when I apply for my PGWP, where I'll have to explain it for them.