+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2022 PR application timeline

HumanityFirst786

Star Member
Nov 3, 2023
Its working according to Pre arrival and eligibility letter, one of my friend applied in August 2022 pre arrival and eligibility in mid October 2023. decision Made 04 Feb, Portal Email Today Morning.
Congrats to your friend, in my opinion IRCC will be processing future applications faster, as there will be less backlog in future and also capping on student visas can be a reason as they will not fire officers but split up among slow processing applications. 28 Months is for very special applications and they wrote it there, so people don't call or message them again and again. In my view processing time is between 20 -22 months and for PR card max 2 months more.

Last edited:

Syrian36

Star Member
Jan 17, 2024
You are next keep checking your ircc portal as there can be ghost update and share us good news this week
I hope that
Do you mean my IRCC secure account?
I don’t have the portal yet
also my online application status is still in process
and the timeline bar is 95 % now

HumanityFirst786

Star Member
Nov 3, 2023
Yes i link it but cant see progress bar
There is no exact meaning of progress bar it is an estimate. Progress bar can be 100 percent and you would still be waiting.
Estimate is 24 months right now. So if you applied in Feb 2022 or March 2022 you will be getting ECOPR, if you applied April or May you will be getting portal emails.

Ibooo

Star Member
Aug 20, 2021
There is no exact meaning of progress bar it is an estimate. Progress bar can be 100 percent and you would still be waiting.
Estimate is 24 months right now. So if you applied in Feb 2022 or March 2022 you will be getting ECOPR, if you applied April or May you will be getting portal emails.
I applied in may 2022 still no Pre arrival and no Eligibility

HumanityFirst786

Star Member
Nov 3, 2023
I applied in may 2022 still no Pre arrival and no Eligibility
Your problem is Quebec. You should be getting updates now, eligibility and pre arrivals are not necessary to come. Final decision is main thing, I saw very few people who didn't get pre arrival or eligibility. Does it say passed of eligibility on your GCMS notes?

Reactions: himankkohli6

Ibooo

Star Member
Aug 20, 2021
Your problem is Quebec. You should be getting updates now, eligibility and pre arrivals are not necessary to come. Final decision is main thing, I saw very few people who didn't get pre arrival or eligibility. Does it say passed of eligibility on your GCMS notes?
I got this one 2 weeks ago.
Eligibility: In Progress
Security: Not Started
HIRV:
Criminality: In Progress
Org Crime:
Medical: Passed - Expired
Misrepresentation:
Info Sharing: In Progress

HumanityFirst786

Star Member
Nov 3, 2023
I got this one 2 weeks ago.
Eligibility: In Progress
Security: Not Started
HIRV:
Criminality: In Progress
Org Crime:
Medical: Passed - Expired
Misrepresentation:
Info Sharing: In Progress
Did you call IRCC about your application or did you ask on web form.