+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2022 PR application timeline

May 7, 2021
Do a protected person has to go through medical or its exempt these days for PR?

Appreciate your response

Last edited:

rachelm2000r

Star Member
Aug 19, 2023
Hi there,
Normally, after getting ur AOR ! There nothing to do unless IRCC request you some document or form.
You need to link ur GCkey / so you can see ur pourcentage.
But base on my own observation !!! All depend on who is working on ur file.
Basically, after 10 to 11 months after porcessing date started ! You might receive your Ecopr.

AwesomeDoer

Feb 9, 2023
Hi there,
Normally, after getting ur AOR ! There nothing to do unless IRCC request you some document or form.
You need to link ur GCkey / so you can see ur pourcentage.
But base on my own observation !!! All depend on who is working on ur file.
Basically, after 10 to 11 months after porcessing date started ! You might receive your Ecopr.

AwesomeDoer

Feb 9, 2023

Submitted PR Nov. 12 2022
Received AOR March 7, 2023
Application Processing started June 6 2023 - Medical passed
Added application to GCKey June 10 2023
FBI Finger print requested and submitted - July 10 2023 (Was in US passed 6mnths)

Please, how do I check the percentage of my application process?

rachelm2000r

Star Member
Aug 19, 2023
Hiiii
We have almost the same time line.

Basically, to see your progress in pourcentage. You need to open ur application on Ecas... and you have some how to connect it with your Gckey.
In the Gckey u will see an option to link your application.
(Sorry but i dont know how to really explain it to you)

beekaydue

Dec 13, 2022
Hi! so my work permit is about to expire and I do not know how to go about extending it. Anyone kind enough to share a link?
I also kind of gave up on the PR process, seems like my file landed in a "bot" agent as per my gcms notes. there has been no movement up to now, received only a request for documents submission, which i did and is captured in the gcms notes. Applied June 2022....or is it still too early?

rachelm2000r

Star Member
Aug 19, 2023
Hi...
For ur PR... hold tightly. You will see light at the end of the tunnel in few months.

For your work permit, you need to apply for a new one as soon as possible. To avoid any problem with IRCC and specially when you will want to apply for ur citizenship.

As you are in in the process of PR, your work permit will be for 2 years... and will be the last one because you will have already ur PR card at the end.
Try to follow the link, apply it on line or via post mail.
- put all ur previous work permis, and ur NOD as well.
It takes 2 to 4 weeks and you shall receive a new one.
Do not forget to pay the fee !

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/permit/temporary/extend/expired-permit.html

Captain911

Jan 31, 2023
Hi! so my work permit is about to expire and I do not know how to go about extending it. Anyone kind enough to share a link?
I also kind of gave up on the PR process, seems like my file landed in a "bot" agent as per my gcms notes. there has been no movement up to now, received only a request for documents submission, which i did and is captured in the gcms notes. Applied June 2022....or is it still too early?
I cant say that is too early about your application. because some of them get pr around 1 year but for others it takes more than 2 years.
im 2022 January Pr applicant and still waiting.
I have been also waiting for new work permit almost longer than 5 months.
Be patient. Good luck.

Oct 30, 2017
Hi guys,

PR application submitted on June 27 2022 under AINP/EE via online portal, outside Canada through a consultant and below is the current status: -

Review of eligibility

We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.

Review of medical results

September 2, 2022 You passed the medical exam.

Review of additional documentation

We do not need additional documents.

Interview

You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.

Biometrics

September 7, 2022 Completed.

Background check

We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

Final decision

September 22, 2022 Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Can anyone share thoughts on how much more time is required to process the PR application?

Thanks.

Last edited:

Captain911

Jan 31, 2023
Hi guys,

PR application submitted on June 27 2022 under AINP/EE via online portal, outside Canada through a consultant and below is the current status: -

Review of eligibility

We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.

Review of medical results

September 2, 2022 You passed the medical exam.

Review of additional documentation

We do not need additional documents.

Interview

You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.

Biometrics

September 7, 2022 Completed.

Background check

We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

Final decision

September 22, 2022 Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Can anyone share thoughts on how much more time is required to process the PR application?

Thanks.
Ircc website says 23 months for protected person. I have no idea about AINP/EE. Is it express entry? Did you check process time on ircc website?

Oct 30, 2017
Ircc website says 23 months for protected person. I have no idea about AINP/EE. Is it express entry? Did you check process time on ircc website?
Thank you for your reply. Its Provincial nominee via online Express Entry. IRCC website currently shows 9months which is reducing since last year when i submitted it was 16months.

Last edited:
Reactions: Captain911

BOB222

Jun 30, 2023
Hi, Friends my PR application for protected person is in process. My family living overseas have processes their Biometrics and Police certificate already.I am living in Canada for about 2 years.
My question is do I also have to provide my Police Certificate for my time spent in Canada as main applicant.
Infact, I got an e mail about this but I am confused about this.
Please give your expert opinions.

BOB222

Jun 30, 2023
I applied paper based PR in January 2023 with family who are overseas in Pilot Program.
AOR received in June 2023.Linked my application in July 2023. Family members got their Biometric and PCC done in Aug 2023.
Since then no update...I haven't spent anytime more than 6 months in any other country except my home country.
Do I have to provide them Police Certificate for my stay within Canada?
If someone has provided , please share.

Reactions: himankkohli6