+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2022 PR application timeline

WATCHTOWA

Star Member
Jun 18, 2022
hello

below is my timeline:

07 Feb 22 PR paper application delivered (for me and my overseas common-law partner)

17 Feb 22 ircc letter, confirmation of receipt & temp application no. given (XG...)

07 Sep 22 processing application started (got info from ecas)

23 Sep 22 ircc letter requesting additional documents (police clearances/pcc)

10 Oct 22 submitted pcc for partner & proof of application for my pcc through webform

20 Nov 22 submitted my pcc through webform

I received acknowledgement of all my webforms but there has been no update since

on my ircc account it says 55% complete/estimated completion date Jan 7, 2024. full breakdown below

Review of eligibility

• We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.

Review of medical results
  • You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.

Review of additional documents
  • We do not need additional documents.

Interview
  • You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.

Biometrics
  • We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.

Background check
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

Final decision
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
Were you not given the option to submit your pcc via your irrcc account?

ref19to22

May 18, 2022
Were you not given the option to submit your pcc via your irrcc account?
Unfortunately not.

It has consistently said 'we do not need additional documents' online although I received the letter requesting more documents (pcc and other documents that I had already submitted) through the same account, so there was no option for me to upload it there.

So i just submitted it through a webform where I got a response saying it has been added to my file. I have had good luck with webforms where ive gotten responses from ircc, some other folks on this forum havent.

I guess my bad luck is in the timeline, it took them 3yrs to give me a hearing which lasted 45mins so I have little faith they'll process my PR in a timely manner.

Reactions: WATCHTOWA

WATCHTOWA

Star Member
Jun 18, 2022
Unfortunately not.

It has consistently said 'we do not need additional documents' online although I received the letter requesting more documents (pcc and other documents that I had already submitted) through the same account, so there was no option for me to upload it there.

So i just submitted it through a webform where I got a response saying it has been added to my file. I have had good luck with webforms where ive gotten responses from ircc, some other folks on this forum havent.

I guess my bad luck is in the timeline, it took them 3yrs to give me a hearing which lasted 45mins so I have little faith they'll process my PR in a timely manner.
Please follow up via webform to ascertain if the document has been received. Not sure if they have changed, but I once submitted a document via webform which took them almost two months to add it to my file after series of webforms acknowledgement messages.

Reactions: ref19to22

nn007

Feb 14, 2023
Hello everyone,
I think I had the fastest PR approval ever: in 3 month
this is the timeline:
NOV 5: Application submitted
NOV 26: AOR
JAN 6: Additional document request
JAN 13: Submit requested docs
JAN 24: Portal Email
JAN 26: Successfully Submit photos confirmation
FEB 13: ECOPR
VO: Calgary
now waiting for our cards,
I was the dependent of my spouse and we got our emails at the same time each time.
So stay hopeful and strong guys. just wanted to make you feel good and motivated.
Best of luck to all of you people

Db1000

Star Member
Aug 8, 2022
Hello everyone,
this is the timeline:
I was the dependent of my spouse and we got our emails at the same time each time.
So stay hopeful and strong guys. just wanted to make you feel good and motivated.
Congratulations!!!

Was it an online application and which documents were requested?

Reactions: Newday8765

Newday8765

Star Member
Mar 11, 2022
online using cic.gc.ca portal ... it was bit tricky but worked perfectly and quickly
If you don’t mind, how many applications you created on the portal when you applied?
Do I need to create 1 application for all family or each family member need separate application?

moealz

Star Member
May 9, 2022
Thank you for your response. I was super confused because they told me to create 2 applications, one for me and one for my wife. All the best.
if you are in canada and you are the main applicant, only one application whole familiy and you add your wife and children in the application. consult a lawyer is best option

Reactions: Newday8765

Newday8765

Star Member
Mar 11, 2022
if you are in canada and you are the main applicant, only one application whole familiy and you add your wife and children in the application. consult a lawyer is best option
Yes, I am in Canada, and I am the main applicant. Will do, thank you for your recommendation.

Captain911

Jan 31, 2023
Hello everyone,
this is the timeline:
Is there anybody to explain this situation? Why most of us wait for long time and some of them are lucky like this? 3 months period is really short time. If this is true im sure we can mention this application as a example and can go to court. Because this is not fair us. If it’s possible in 3 months then other applications can be finished in the same time.

Reactions: softbis

Salshe

Aug 1, 2022
Ontario
Category........
Other
Is there anybody to explain this situation? Why most of us wait for long time and some of them are lucky like this? 3 months period is really short time. If this is true im sure we can mention this application as a example and can go to court. Because this is not fair us. If it’s possible in 3 months then other applications can be finished in the same time.
every situation is different. You want to go to court for what !!?

Captain911

Jan 31, 2023
every situation is different. You want to go to court for what !!?
For same application if there is any example like this. You can use this as a proof of example. This means if this happens in this time then other can happen in the same time too. Every situations can be different, ok I agree with you but when you check process time it says 22 months for everbody. It doesnt say depends on situations. Because process of applications are same. You know whats the difference? Some of officers work really hard and fast. When they open one of applications they just work on it until completed. There are still applicants from 2020 and 2019. Im sure there is no reason to hold them for this long. Everything is online any more. They can complete most of steps in 1 min. But they dont want because they like working slowly.

Reactions: zak86

Salshe

Aug 1, 2022
Ontario
Category........
Other
For same application if there is any example like this. You can use this as a proof of example. This means if this happens in this time then other can happen in the same time too. Every situations can be different, ok I agree with you but when you check process time it says 22 months for everbody. It doesnt say depends on situations. Because process of applications are same. You know whats the difference? Some of officers work really hard and fast. When they open one of applications they just work on it until completed. There are still applicants from 2020 and 2019. Im sure there is no reason to hold them for this long. Everything is online any more. They can complete most of steps in 1 min. But they dont want because they like working slowly.
Are you an Immigration officer ?
Mine dosen't say 22 months, and I applied 2022 !.yes take a comments in a forum to the court that will be solid proof .
every application processed differently. The background check takes long time it’s a third party job. Have you heard about the Backlogged?, It’s not only you who applied for PR , there Re some many streams.

Reactions: zak86