+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2022 PR application timeline

S.Lonzo

Nov 22, 2022
Did you apply online? I was wondering how come my WP was approved in just 10 days and even I received it too.. are you a protected, person? my wp expiry was in April I applied in well advance and surprise got it within just 20 days...

about the sin do I need to renew the sin before expiry or it will be validated automatically as I have WP already until 2025 validity?
yes I applied online .I am a protected person. My spouse got in 7 days . We applied the same day .
I think you have to renew your SIN
It won’t happen automatically.

DamnYouDaria

Star Member
Aug 20, 2020
Yukon
Category........
Other
I applied back in November 2022 after I got my positive decision from the RAD. No AOR yet. I applied via paper and received delivery confirmation with signature on November 14th, 2022.

Inny

Dec 8, 2019
Hello guys, 2 weeks ago I was able to link my account. My oversea spouse also got a letter in my email showing her application and UCI number and was also sent a checklist to provide her forms and additional documents.

1) I would like to know if I can continue to use my email address in her application and family forms.

2) Would she be required to open an online account as a dependent spouse to continue her application or all future correspondence will by emails.

Thank you.
Please could you write me on groovymisty@yahoo.com, I have an almost similar situation. Thanks

zak86

Nov 13, 2019
I applied back in November 2022 after I got my positive decision from the RAD. No AOR yet. I applied via paper and received delivery confirmation with signature on November 14th, 2022.
Keep us updated so let's see which one is working faster GOOD luck and congratulations long journey is about to END after getting PR :)

zak86

Nov 13, 2019
anyone knows which method seems faster for applying for permanent residence application for refugees inside canada? online or by mail?
technically online should be faster as everything is there right away, in any case, if you missed something and they send you a query so you have to upload it online right away.. however in the mail if you send them so it takes 1 month for them to update..

jinglebell0123

Jun 4, 2021
Burnaby, Canada
Category........
Other
technically online should be faster as everything is there right away, in any case, if you missed something and they send you a query so you have to upload it online right away.. however in the mail if you send them so it takes 1 month for them to update..
right online should be faster in many terms but I noticed it in work permit applications it takes 60 days to process mail and 164 days for online. which is quite the opposite

zak86

Nov 13, 2019
right online should be faster in many terms but I noticed it in work permit applications it takes 60 days to process mail and 164 days for online. which is quite the opposite
don't go on the written timeline on their website I was thinking the same I applied and I was surprised to see it was done in 10 days and on day 14th wp was in my hand lol.. I was surprised to see the speed even though my wp expiry was in May 2023

jinglebell0123

Jun 4, 2021
Burnaby, Canada
Category........
Other
don't go on the written timeline on their website I was thinking the same I applied and I was surprised to see it was done in 10 days and on day 14th wp was in my hand lol.. I was surprised to see the speed even though my wp expiry was in May 2023
did you apply online or by paper? renewal is different than first time WPs.

ref19to22

May 18, 2022
hello

below is my timeline:

07 Feb 22 PR paper application delivered (for me and my overseas common-law partner)

17 Feb 22 ircc letter, confirmation of receipt & temp application no. given (XG...)

07 Sep 22 processing application started (got info from ecas)

23 Sep 22 ircc letter requesting additional documents (police clearances/pcc)

10 Oct 22 submitted pcc for partner & proof of application for my pcc through webform

20 Nov 22 submitted my pcc through webform

I received acknowledgement of all my webforms but there has been no update since

on my ircc account it says 55% complete/estimated completion date Jan 7, 2024. full breakdown below

Review of eligibility

• We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.

Review of medical results
  • You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.

Review of additional documents
  • We do not need additional documents.

Interview
  • You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.

Biometrics
  • We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.

Background check
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

Final decision
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Jok Sue

Star Member
Nov 2, 2020
hello

below is my timeline:

07 Feb 22 PR paper application delivered (for me and my overseas common-law partner)

17 Feb 22 ircc letter, confirmation of receipt & temp application no. given (XG...)

07 Sep 22 processing application started (got info from ecas)

23 Sep 22 ircc letter requesting additional documents (police clearances/pcc)

10 Oct 22 submitted pcc for partner & proof of application for my pcc through webform

20 Nov 22 submitted my pcc through webform

I received acknowledgement of all my webforms but there has been no update since

on my ircc account it says 55% complete/estimated completion date Jan 7, 2024. full breakdown below

Review of eligibility

• We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.

Review of medical results
  • You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.

Review of additional documents
  • We do not need additional documents.

Interview
  • You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.

Biometrics
  • We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.

Background check
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

Final decision
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
Thanks for sharing.
Where do you see this progress percentage (55%)? I can't see anything like that in my online account!

ref19to22

May 18, 2022
Thanks for sharing.
Where do you see this progress percentage (55%)? I can't see anything like that in my online account!
I have my PR application linked to my ircc account online, here are the steps I took to see that information:

- login
- terms & conditions
- ID validation

Enter my account

- on the main page under 'VIEW THE APPLICATIONS YOU SUBMITTED' the first one is PERMANENT RESIDENCY
- the last column after CURRENT STATUS and MESSAGES should be 'ACTION': click on CHECK FULL APPLICATION STATUS

- next page is 1st part is APPLICATION STATUS / APPLICANT INFORMATION
- scroll down, 2nd part of the same page is ESTIMATED REMAINING PROCESSING TIME where this percentage shows

this is my personal opinion, but I believe that timeline is based on their own estimation of when the application will be complete. I dont think it correlates to any actual processing on the backend because none of the details i shared in my previous post (review of eligibility etc.) has changed at all since I have been able to link my application.

Jok Sue

Star Member
Nov 2, 2020
I have my PR application linked to my ircc account online, here are the steps I took to see that information:

- login
- terms & conditions
- ID validation

Enter my account

- on the main page under 'VIEW THE APPLICATIONS YOU SUBMITTED' the first one is PERMANENT RESIDENCY
- the last column after CURRENT STATUS and MESSAGES should be 'ACTION': click on CHECK FULL APPLICATION STATUS

- next page is 1st part is APPLICATION STATUS / APPLICANT INFORMATION
- scroll down, 2nd part of the same page is ESTIMATED REMAINING PROCESSING TIME where this percentage shows

this is my personal opinion, but I believe that timeline is based on their own estimation of when the application will be complete. I dont think it correlates to any actual processing on the backend because none of the details i shared in my previous post (review of eligibility etc.) has changed at all since I have been able to link my application.
Thanks a lot for your explanation. I followed your steps but I do not see this "ESTIMATED REMAINING PROCESSING TIME" anywhere.

Also another odd thing is, when I log in to my IRCC account, it shows appication submitted.
However when I go to the IRCC website and check my application status using my G # application number (without logging into my account) it says we could not find results!