+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2022 PR application timeline

HumanityFirst786

Star Member
Nov 3, 2023
I only got eligibility email. My lawyer also says it should be done soon
May 2022 and before are mostly done, Next month June 2022 applicants will be getting ECOPR. It averages around 23-24 months to get PR for protected persons. Excluding Quebec applicants and former Military person, Unfortunately, it can take up to 3 years for them. Look daily to your ECAS and email for updates and please update us too. Thanks

Reactions: himankkohli6

Vancouver93

Star Member
Apr 18, 2020
May 2022 and before are mostly done, Next month June 2022 applicants will be getting ECOPR. It averages around 23-24 months to get PR for protected persons. Excluding Quebec applicants and former Military person, Unfortunately, it can take up to 3 years for them. Look daily to your ECAS and email for updates and please update us too. Thanks
Thank you so much for the encouragement. Hopefully next month this should be done

AbdulNrk

Nov 20, 2023
This was quick. Congratulations. I submitted 22 June 2022. I called yesterday and they said they are yet to start background check which should be done soon. I'm tired of waiting
My background check was completed on jan 2023 but till now they were saying that my background check is not started. I hope they process your request faster

vagrant21

Mar 29, 2024
I called the IRCC today and the agent told me that my CSQ confirmation was not on record even though it will expire on May 6, 2024. She told me I could send a copy through a web form just to be on the safe side and show it on record before the expiry date.

She didn't say if the delay was due to the IRCC not sending the confirmation request to Quebec or if Quebec not replying to the request yet. Like how frustrating is that?! I could have done this ages ago if they bothered to contact me.

The sad thing is, the agent still doesn't know if this will help speed up the processing of my PR even though no step was completed after more than 2 years.

Saralynn97

Mar 7, 2018
I called the IRCC today and the agent told me that my CSQ confirmation was not on record even though it will expire on May 6, 2024. She told me I could send a copy through a web form just to be on the safe side and show it on record before the expiry date.

She didn't say if the delay was due to the IRCC not sending the confirmation request to Quebec or if Quebec not replying to the request yet. Like how frustrating is that?! I could have done this ages ago if they bothered to contact me.

The sad thing is, the agent still doesn't know if this will help speed up the processing of my PR even though no step was completed after more than 2 years.
What’s ur full timeline? Did you get pre arrival ?

Saralynn97

Mar 7, 2018
Thanks. The sad thing is, evey time I contact IRCC, I get told that everything looks fine and that I should wait even though it's clear something isn't right.
Exactly.. I applied sept 28th, 2023 and last week I got pre arrival. Which I was pretty surprised but it’s always depend on who is the officer.! Keep calling and asking