+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2021 work Permit application Timelines

pyramid7799

Star Member
May 23, 2021
Got these updates:

The High Commission of Canada in India is currently operating under emergency response protocols, and therefore only critical functions are operational. The Migration Sections at the Consulate in Bangalore and the Consulate in Chandigarh are closed until further notice.

Please be advised that we can only assist in applications where India is the primary office. If you submitted an application under a permanent resident economic category, your application may be processed in Canada.

Medical
You must undergo a new medical if you lived in one or more of these countries or territories (includes India, Nepal and Bhutan) for at least 6 months within the past year and are planning to stay in Canada for longer than 6 months.

sourabhtheone

Apr 4, 2019
I applied on 26th March 2021 from India under LMIA-exempt category (NOC 4011). Biometrics done on 1st April 2021 and medical passed updated on 9th April. No updates since then.

sourabhbhola

Star Member
Mar 8, 2019
Nope. Nothing. The delays are making me nervous. I am not sure if LMIA-exemption has any priority processing. It was just part of the form.
When employer creates lmia exempted job offer on IRCC's employer portal, they need to select reason of exemption. It can affect speed of application processing.
Any ways Best of Luck!!!!!
Don't worry as even most fruitful category for Canada itself i.e. student visas are also on hault.

Direct flight ban will be most probably lifted after 21 June, it will be good if approval letter comes near this date, otherwise new permissions are required after expiry of approval letter( port of entry letter.)

sourabhtheone

Apr 4, 2019
When employer creates lmia exempted job offer on IRCC's employer portal, they need to select reason of exemption. It can affect speed of application processing.
Any ways Best of Luck!!!!!
Don't worry as even most fruitful category for Canada itself i.e. student visas are also on hault.

Direct flight ban will be most probably lifted after 21 June, it will be good if approval letter comes near this date, otherwise new permissions are required after expiry of approval letter( port of entry letter.)

I am going to be a postdoc scholar, so I fall under research scholar category (NOC 4011, I guess), but since it is longer than 120 days, I cannot be processed as GSS (12 weeks processing time). Only thing I worry is cancellation of the job offer. While I am hopeful that I can retain the offer up to July-Aug, things may not be as rosy thereafter.

SudhirGupta

Apr 4, 2021
I am sailing in the same boat. ICT GSS. Applied online on April 3, Biometric on April 7. No updates after that. One of the members in this forum received PPR who applied on March 27 by April end.

corporatewokerlady

Mar 8, 2021
Hello all,
I applied for closed work permit for my own company under c11 category.
Application was submitter on 22 April 2021.
Biometrics given on 29 April 2021, they appeared in the application within few hours.
Medical Passed Update came on 29 April as well.
I got few ghost updates in the first week and wording of Background check changed as well indicating IP1 and IP2.
The next document expected is decision letter only(or might be any additional document request if they need one).

Please share your timelines for work permit applied in 2021
my dad is applying for the same type of visa you've mentioned above. I'd like to know is there a harsh requirement for the business proposal and business trip? Like how many pages?

pyramid7799

Star Member
May 23, 2021
Some encouraging news:
June 30, 2021

The instructions have been updated to align with previously published instructions on processing open temporary resident visa (TRV) applications during the pandemic:

• Open TRV applications for applicants who are not eligible to travel to Canada during the pandemic can now be processed to a final decision.
  • Offices can determine to what extent they have the capacity to process these non-priority applications.

Reactions: rajbir76 and Ary099

lovemeow1991

Jul 24, 2021
I am going to be a postdoc scholar, so I fall under research scholar category (NOC 4011, I guess), but since it is longer than 120 days, I cannot be processed as GSS (12 weeks processing time). Only thing I worry is cancellation of the job offer. While I am hopeful that I can retain the offer up to July-Aug, things may not be as rosy thereafter.

have you got any update? my LMIA is valid till November only, i am going for biometric next week. what if visa processing time exceeds LMIA limit?

sourabhtheone

Apr 4, 2019
I haven't received any updates yet. I am not sure what happens when LMIA expires, but I have heard that it is not an issue.

sourabhtheone

Apr 4, 2019
I am not an expert on the matter, but I think there are many threads/posts here as well as elsewhere. You have to search for it. LMIA should only be valid when you apply for the work permit.

powereng1982

Jun 4, 2021
Canada
Any update for your applicaton?