+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>> 2021 TR to PR Pathway AOR & Timelines <<<<<< Join here

JALT

Nov 3, 2015
TR to PR Pathway is an active temporary measure under Public Policy consideration by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC). The processing standards may differ than permanent immigration programs that are currently being offered by IRCC such as Express Entry.

There are many factors that may delay an application already submitted and I would like discuss some highlights here related to our current discussion.

- Applications received by IRCC are first of all examine by an IRCC agent. If it is deemed that application has all the required information and document(s) are entered into Global Case Management System (also known as GCMS). An applicant can only link their application with GCKey secure account, if their application has been entered into GCMS.

-
Once an application is assigned to a Visa Office (VO), it may be possible that a delay can be experienced because each VO has a different a workload. Moreover, it also depends on a Visa Officer workload (means how many applications are available on his desk).

It is not encouraged to compare applications with anyone as each individual circumstances are different. For example: you may come across an application that is being processed at a quick pace whereas, another application experience a delay having said to this both applications are submitted at the same time. It is because Visa Office could be different and how quickly an information provided with the application could be verified.

If anyone did not receive an AOR (Acknowledgement of Receipt) from IRCC, do not need worry as it is mere a letter with your "File No." (Application #) and to inform you that we (IRCC) has begun processing of your application. Please note: in some cases AOR is received by an applicant at the later stage or never received by an applicant as this letter is sent by GCMS. You may only need "File No." so obtain "File No." by calling IRCC support line or try to link application with your GCKey secure account to obtain "File No."

I would suggest you to sit back and relax.

If you need more information then do not be hesitant to respond back.
Hi, thanks for the reply. I do understand what you are saying about different workloads for the different agents. I think what is concerning a few people on this forum and myself is that we have phoned the IRCC quite recently and have been told our application is not even on the system. I've been told by two IRCC agents now that there is no file number to give me because my application hasn't even been opened - let alone assigned to an officer. So I guess the question is if our applications have not been opened at all, then how is it that people who applied after us have started the process? If our applications have not been looked at then it is not an issue of whether our documents are complete or not, because they haven't even looked at the documents yet anyway. It's also not dependent on how much work the VO has because it hasn't been assigned to one. I think that is our main concern. It's the not knowing if we will be processed soon, or next year - it doesn't appear to be in any kind of order of application. Thanks

Reactions: Lily444 and hhzara

rbtop95

Aug 2, 2021
Hello all, Just a quick update. This morning around 10;30 AM EST, I received my AOR. Hopefully rest of the process will go smoothly for me and for all.

• Stream: Essential Non-Healthcare
  • Applied: May 06, 2021, 12:38 PM EST
  • Linked: July 29,2021 21:45 EST
  • Medical Passed: July 29, 2021
  • PCC Request: - Uploaded on July 29,2021
  • Biometrics: Not required
  • AOR: August 10,2021 10:30 EST
  • Portal Email and Credentials: -
  • COPR: -
Omg with this speed I won’t get AOR till next year. Applied stream B on May 21

• Haha
Reactions: namastevoila

snooplion

May 6, 2021
Hey guys, just posting to say I decided to request a refund (withdrew my application) for TR 2 PR since I got an ITA for CEC Express Entry and I haven't received TR 2 PR AOR yet. My main motivation for withdrawing were the mistakes I made with my TR 2 PR app - I know you can submit webforms to try and correct them but I'd honestly rather not deal with that process and the associated anxiety.

I've been on here since day one and wish you all success with your applications ✌

Renadxb

Jun 24, 2018
Hi Folks, I’d like to provide you support and answer to your queries as I know some of you may still have questions related to their application after the submission.

I am not a legal representative and/or lawyer, but has been dealing with various immigration related programs. I have a keen interest in immigration.

Looking forward to your questions. Thank you!
Thanks for offering support

vyanaman

Jul 9, 2021
Can anybody explain that what is the difference between primary and secondary visa office for processing the application?