>>>>>> 2021 TR to PR Pathway AOR & Timelines <<<<<< Join here

intlala

Star Member
May 27, 2018
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
india
My IEC is at 23 months in, my visa expires on August 13th.
I've read that if you were offered the 24 months you can't extend it.

Thanks for the other information. I will give IRCC another call.

I feel like I'm going around in circles and my poor employer is freaking out (being a small essential business and needing my skills is stressing her out)
you can now try new policy on wp extension - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/2021/07/new-open-work-permit-available-for-recent-permanent-residency-applicants.html

intlala

Star Member
May 27, 2018
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
india
personally, I am not affected by the long delay....but I am just sharing the plight of people I know. tr to pr was supposed to regularize people who are not covered by express entry and they risked their lives to support the Canadian economy during the pandemic. at least that's what IMM minister said -
. and if these people lose their worker status while waiting on copr then that would be counterintuitive.

We all have the right to highlight loopholes in state policies/decisions, there is nothing to be offended about.

I hope IRCC is going to fix the work permit extension thing soon.
Finally, they have fixed the loophole in the public policy. Better late than never. Cheers Minister Mendicino !

Onyeomanacanada

Jul 24, 2018
Category........
Need Advice-
I already applied in non health-care essential category on June 27(around 17000 numbers). But I don’t have my paystubs as company don’t have my paystubs because of software update so I used by T4’s. However, I am now eligible for health care category too. I don’t mind about money. But I don’t want to eat one another spot which can we used by some other individual.
Do I apply in health care or not?
This is so thoughtful of you. How I wished that some of the people that applied to other streams and the International graduate at the same time were this considerate.

Vantrtopr

Jun 23, 2021
Hii!!

I don't know if this has been asked before so apologies if it's a repeat question!

I just got another request letter from IRCC asking me to send another updated Schedule A with handwritten signature.

Is this concerning? Or is this a step in the right direction? lol

Reet24

May 8, 2021
Hi Guys, Did anyone apply for a work permit extension under the 18-month extension public policy they launched this January. I heard some people received it within a week or so. I have been waiting for over a month now and haven't heard anything.

AJDrinko

Jun 6, 2021
GREAT NEWS TODAY
New open work permit available for recent permanent residency applicants
July 15, 2021—Ottawa—The Honourable Marco E. L. Mendicino, Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship announced today that, beginning July 26, 2021, individuals who have applied for the recently opened pathway to permanent residence will be eligible for an open work permit while awaiting the results of their application.

The pathway to permanent residence was opened to international students who graduated from a Canadian institution, health care workers and those in other designated essential occupations on May 6, 2021. To qualify for the pathway, individuals must be legally working in Canada at the time of their application and maintain their temporary resident status until a decision is made on their permanent residence application.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/2021/07/new-open-work-permit-available-for-recent-permanent-residency-applicants.html
This has literally lifted a huge weight off my shoulders. I am so happy that this has closed the loop holes

Reactions: NAVNII

Prateek710

Jun 15, 2021
Hii!!

I don't know if this has been asked before so apologies if it's a repeat question!

I just got another request letter from IRCC asking me to send another updated Schedule A with handwritten signature.

Is this concerning? Or is this a step in the right direction? lol
Don't worry there might have been a mistake so fill it again and send them back

jugarsep

Star Member
Jan 23, 2020
Those are definitely amazing news. My wife applied in the non essential stream on May 6 (12:45pm) and has not AOR yet. I got my PGWP and applied for her SOWP using my employment B letter + 3 paystubs and are still waiting for the response. Her OWP expires in July 30 and I don’t think she will get an answer before that. Should we apply for this new policy while waiting for the response on the other? I mean, chances of being rejected on this one seem way less than in the other one, and I don’t want to risk her getting out of status and apply for restoration…which means she would have to stop working and won’t be able to apply through this new policy OWP… sorry if it was a little confusing. Any advice? Appreciate as always.

rodrigolsct

May 6, 2020
Hi Guys, Did anyone apply for a work permit extension under the 18-month extension public policy they launched this January. I heard some people received it within a week or so. I have been waiting for over a month now and haven't heard anything.
I did, it took about 2 weeks

Reactions: Reet24

Ovnyk

Jun 18, 2021
Hi guys,

Maybe someone here can help me and give an answer faster. I have PGWP and I applied for TRV on March 17th,2021. I have to travel back home to Ukraine for an emergency and my application is still in process. I also applied for TR2PR on May 6, at 6.38, so it will take me a long time to hear something from IRCC.

Could I put another application for TRV outside from Canada (Ukraine) as I see the processing time there just 12 days, so that I can travel back to Canada?
Thanks in advance

Pardeep911

Jun 21, 2021
Hey everyone it's about work permit extension. Do we need a valid job offer in order to apply. I'am confused because i'am working in a factory through agency.

Tomican

Feb 20, 2020
Finally, they have fixed the loophole in the public policy. Better late than never. Cheers Minister Mendicino !
I don't think it is a loophole, but a poor planning/preparation for Tr2Pr new pathway, plus unexpected machinery problems (Just a guess)
But the good thing is that CIC keeps fixing it along the way. :cool:

Last edited:
Reactions: Lily444

Tomican

Feb 20, 2020
Send money in seconds with Wealthsimple Cash Use my link and you'll get $25 when you sign up. http://ws.cash/invite/$goods

hey guys, while waiting the AOR , I found the wealth simple cash promotion. Please go to the link on top , then settle the account!
Then you can earn $ 25 and put the promo code : KW50 which gives you $ 50 extra!!

you can withdraw the $ 75 after 5 days. I though it was scam when I saw this first time but its not!!
Remember the rule: too good to be trusted.
Who want to give out the money for nothing?
BE AWARE OF SCAM.

Reactions: namastevoila