+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>> 2021 TR to PR Pathway AOR & Timelines <<<<<< Join here

JALT

Nov 3, 2015
Your file is being processed in Sydney.
That's the central intake office.

BC fires have nothing to do with delays :rolleyes:
Ah, OK I checked back through the thread - yes the AORs come from Sydney - it's the portal emails that come from Calgary, Vancouver etc. And, to be fair, I wasn't being very serious when I said that as I'm well aware that Vancouver is pretty far away from the fires :D

Last edited:

JALT

Nov 3, 2015
Do you need a letter from the IRCC to do an RCMP criminality record check? I saw it on an RCMP accredited fingerprinting Company's website where it says,
  • All digital fingerprinting requests for Canadian Citizenship must include a letter from Citizenship and Immigration Canada. This letter must include the address for third-party results and should have a CIC file number, which will be included in your transaction. Please ensure this letter is available during the fingerprinting application session.
Well if you're getting the criminality check because the IRCC have asked you to do it then surely you can use that as the letter?

Tomican

Feb 20, 2020
GREAT NEWS TODAY
New open work permit available for recent permanent residency applicants
July 15, 2021—Ottawa—The Honourable Marco E. L. Mendicino, Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship announced today that, beginning July 26, 2021, individuals who have applied for the recently opened pathway to permanent residence will be eligible for an open work permit while awaiting the results of their application.

The pathway to permanent residence was opened to international students who graduated from a Canadian institution, health care workers and those in other designated essential occupations on May 6, 2021. To qualify for the pathway, individuals must be legally working in Canada at the time of their application and maintain their temporary resident status until a decision is made on their permanent residence application.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/2021/07/new-open-work-permit-available-for-recent-permanent-residency-applicants.html

fsss

Jun 28, 2021
GREAT NEWS TODAY
July 15, 2021—Ottawa—The Honourable Marco E. L. Mendicino, Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship announced today that, beginning July 26, 2021, individuals who have applied for the recently opened pathway to permanent residence will be eligible for an open work permit while awaiting the results of their application.

The pathway to permanent residence was opened to international students who graduated from a Canadian institution, health care workers and those in other designated essential occupations on May 6, 2021. To qualify for the pathway, individuals must be legally working in Canada at the time of their application and maintain their temporary resident status until a decision is made on their permanent residence application.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/2021/07/new-open-work-permit-available-for-recent-permanent-residency-applicants.html
Fixed lots of issues there. Good decision.

Reactions: NAVNII

Alberta2018

Dec 8, 2020
GREAT NEWS TODAY

Tomican always spreads positive vibes

Reactions: NAVNII

AJDrinko

Jun 6, 2021
Have you maxed out your 24 months on your IEC yet? If you haven't you can apply for an extension. But otherwise yeah you're kind of screwed.

IRCC have mentioned a couple of times (don't remember where) that they are going to process applications from each of the streams simultaneously to make it fair. According to this forum, some people in the non-essential workers stream are getting AORs even though they submitted their application later than some of the IGs that are still waiting. So I'm sure the essential workers stream won't have to wait until all the IGs are done first. That being said being processed by mid-August is unlikely. As of right now there is no bridging open work permit (BOWP) and yes, you're correct, this pathway doesn't have maintained status. But, I've seen a few rumours bouncing around that they may introduce a BOWP for this pathway. Considering they are moving at snails pace and are still processing people that applied within 20 minutes of the pathway opening, it's probably in their best interests to allow a BOWP as you're not supposed to leave the country before you get PR - but like you say you have to support yourself somehow.
Phone an IRCC agent - see if they can help you further.

My IEC is at 23 months in, my visa expires on August 13th.
I've read that if you were offered the 24 months you can't extend it.

Thanks for the other information. I will give IRCC another call.

I feel like I'm going around in circles and my poor employer is freaking out (being a small essential business and needing my skills is stressing her out)

Jul 7, 2021
I have received my Biometric instruction letter and police certificate request.
I also linked to my cic account and uploaded all the police certificates.
Letter received- 9:52pm
Application submitted- may6, 12:21pm
Processing office- sydney
Hi, Where we can check which office is processing my file?

Thank you

Quackisss

Jul 6, 2021
My IEC is at 23 months in, my visa expires on August 13th.
I've read that if you were offered the 24 months you can't extend it.

Thanks for the other information. I will give IRCC another call.

I feel like I'm going around in circles and my poor employer is freaking out (being a small essential business and needing my skills is stressing her out)
See post above! New open work permit will be available to those who have applied for tr to pr on July 26th. Once you apply for that you're on implied status and can keep working!

Quackisss

Jul 6, 2021
GREAT NEWS TODAY

This has literally made my day after weeks of stress and anxiety trying to figure out how I will survive months of being unemployed!

This is the best news