+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>> 2021 TR to PR Pathway AOR & Timelines <<<<<< Join here

Tomican

Feb 20, 2020
Program like EE is far more digital where applications directly goes to GCMS. In tr to pr they have to import applications into gcms from this new portal. Who knows with all these applications full of flaws it won't be easy to import into gcms just like that. All these system integrations work according to certain data integrity standards. Express entry takes care of these data integrities upfront hence we get AOR within 24 hrs. IF user data is messed up (flawed pr applications) then the integration process goes manual (hence the delay). Without application in gcms, AOR won't be issued for sure.
Not sure if IRCC accounted for the fact that there will be pr applications with flaws and designed the system accordingly or even they are surprised to see so many faulty pr apps.

Ques - how IMM 5669 form data get into GCMS in tr to pr ? In EE , this data updated directly on a web page/form and goes into gcms when we submit ITA.
I hope IRCC is not seeing the forms with the human eye and typing the data manually into GCMS, that would be horrendous/primitive. :) Far from "digital".
Agree.
There are errors in the form 0190 and the unclear language of the Guide 5069 (before and on May 5, then May 6) that confused the applicants in the urgent situation. Ex. except form 0008, most of people "print-signed-scanned-upload" other forms. The machine couldn't read the scanned PDF causing the unexpected stopping and waiting to figure out how to continue the process while are back to square one checking and typing manually.

Essentially, the new form 0190 did the same thing as EE's CRS, and replaced the ITA step, but it failed. Other forms, if the candidate does it correctly, will have an AOR within 48 hours. With connections to GCMS, UCI, IME etc... the process will be very fast. That s what I think. The rest, human will involves.

The process somehow was simple, but turned out complicate because both sides were not have enough time to prepare :)

Last edited:

Tomican

Feb 20, 2020
Yes ok, I see your point. And I don't know why they created a separate (quite basic) portal for the TR to PR applications either, other than they didn't want to overload the main mycic portal. I think it will balance out though - in EE the AOR is issued automatically and so you get it within 24-48 hrs, but then a human gets involved and checks the documents afterwards. So your application can be returned even after you get your AOR. What I'm thinking here (hoping) for this system is that they are issuing the AOR after doing the basic document check so if you get your AOR then you've passed the first stage. The first stage takes longer (getting the AOR) but the second stage is therefore shorter.

And for the last part about manually inputting the applications into the GCMS - I hope not too!! That would be pretty dumb :) Although, they probably don't have to actually import anything. You are 'linking' your application in mycic but it doesn't mean all the information is in that database. It could just link to the database we originally entered our information into - and I'm talking about something I don't know very much about here I admit...
This is new pathway, targets different applicants therefore must have its own portal with different questions.

Last edited:

Tomican

Feb 20, 2020
Yes ok, I see your point. And I don't know why they created a separate (quite basic) portal for the TR to PR applications either, other than they didn't want to overload the main mycic portal. I think it will balance out though - in EE the AOR is issued automatically and so you get it within 24-48 hrs, but then a human gets involved and checks the documents afterwards. So your application can be returned even after you get your AOR. What I'm thinking here (hoping) for this system is that they are issuing the AOR after doing the basic document check so if you get your AOR then you've passed the first stage. The first stage takes longer (getting the AOR) but the second stage is therefore shorter.

And for the last part about manually inputting the applications into the GCMS - I hope not too!! That would be pretty dumb :) Although, they probably don't have to actually import anything. You are 'linking' your application in mycic but it doesn't mean all the information is in that database. It could just link to the database we originally entered our information into - and I'm talking about something I don't know very much about here I admit...
The link to GCMS is for other purpose....
https://www.oic-ci.gc.ca/en/resources/reports-publications/access-issue-challenging-status-quo

Reactions: JALT

JALT

Nov 3, 2015
>The first stage takes longer (getting the AOR) but the second stage is therefore shorter.

I think so. For TR to PR there is no need of confirming work hours etc., and no need of counting points. Actually, the fee is less than one for EE, implying that procedure is less complicated than EE.

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/fees.asp#permanent

For EE: 1325 CAD

https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/epay/order.do?category=10129

For TR to PR: 1050 CAD
Good point!

sam416

Star Member
May 26, 2021
Hello everybody, I just received my AOR
  • Stream: International Graduate
  • Submitted: May 6, 2021 (Submitted at 12:06pm EST)
  • AOR: June 3, 2021
  • Biometrics: Already submitted before
  • Eligibility: -
  • Admissibility: -
  • COPR: -
IRCC moving so slow that way then . im around 32k cap n i guess will take forever to get AOR to my side.

Jorgerdz91

Star Member
Mar 6, 2019
I believe you, most of the people who said they received it are shady to be honest.
Check the profile of the people that say that have received their AOR's, they only have one post, which is the one where they say that received their AOR.

Congrats itsleito, mind sharing us a screenshot???

thanks and congrats again!

Owonikoko2021

May 5, 2021
Congrats.

If IRCC should continue at this pace, it is really worrisome.

if it takes almost 1 month to issue AOR to just few applicants, I am interested in knowing how long it will take from AOR - COPR.

Please keep us updated. Thank you.

itsleito

Apr 29, 2021
I believe you, most of the people who said they received it are shady to be honest.
Check the profile of the people that say that have received their AOR's, they only have one post, which is the one where they say that received their AOR.

Congrats itsleito, mind sharing us a screenshot???

thanks and congrats again!
I'd rather not show the rest of the document (even with covering it in paint). Here is the main gist though.

And thanks for confirming I'm real! :D

Good luck to all!

https://ibb.co/Chsr1K4

Owonikoko2021

May 5, 2021
IRCC moving so slow that way then . im around 32k cap n i guess will take forever to get AOR to my side.
very slow and worrisome.

One thing I know for sure is, MAJORITY of the people that submitted their applications between 12 noon and 12:30pm EST are most likely single applicants (not married) which made them upload their applications very fast.

I am hoping that will mean faster processing times for them. If IRCC is really serious about processing 35,000 -45,000 applications this year, these applicants (those that submitted within 1st 30 minutes of the site been opened) should receive their COPR in 1-2 months post AOR.

Time will tell though.

Reactions: Alberta2018

NAVNII

Jan 6, 2019
Hi ,
I have query related to essential worker ( non health care stream) .Company used “ may required” word along with all job responsibilites. ( becoz company refusing to provide another job letter, so I had to use this one).Most of Job duties matches to NOC code .I am really worried about this , is this thing can affect my eligibility to get AOR ?

byqc

May 26, 2021
very slow and worrisome.

One thing I know for sure is, MAJORITY of the people that submitted their applications between 12 noon and 12:30pm EST are most likely single applicants (not married) which made them upload their applications very fast.

I am hoping that will mean faster processing times for them. If IRCC is really serious about processing 35,000 -45,000 applications this year, these applicants (those that submitted within 1st 30 minutes of the site been opened) should receive their COPR in 1-2 months post AOR.

Time will tell though.

I think IRCC will not take too long for processing. The purpose of the program is let people stay in Canada by giving them secure status, so there is no reason to prolong the processing time. If it takes so long people will leave Canada.
Also, this is my hope too, but I think they are generous enough to inquire about honest mistakes, before concluding those as misrepresentation. It is against the purpose of the program if people are refused just because of easy mistakes. IRCC would understand that people rushed in order to get in the cap, because the past example shows how quickly the cap would become full.
(Once I saw a certain program on first-come first-served basis reached its cap within 10 minutes or so and many people could not access the site because too many tried to do so. I forgot the name of the program and when)

The reason of delay of issuance of AoR will be "the system is not established yet" and/or "criteria for completeness is/was still under argument."

Reactions: NAVNII and Tomican

sharmi143

Star Member
Nov 2, 2017
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
NOC B
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
very slow and worrisome.

Time will tell though.
I received my AOR and I'm not single. I have two dependents and their docx needed to be uploaded as well.