+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>> 2021 TR to PR Pathway AOR & Timelines <<<<<< Join here

rovopooh

May 25, 2021
Hi Everyone,
I received my biometric letter with AOR today.
  • Stream: International Graduate
  • Submitted: May 6, 2021 (around 12:11 AM )
  • AOR: Received on June 3, 2021
  • Biometrics: Submitted on June 3, 2021
  • Eligibility: -
  • Admissibility: -
  • COPR: -

Hi! Did you have any mistakes in your application?

Oluwaseunabd

Star Member
Mar 13, 2019
Hi Everyone,
Hi, did it come in your normal email inbox or spam?

sam416

Star Member
May 26, 2021
Hi Everyone,
yupp same question if you had any mistakes in your files

Tomican

Feb 20, 2020
Hi Everyone,
Did you have biometrics before? still valid ?

intlala

Star Member
May 27, 2018
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
india
Pace with which AOR is flowing, seems it will take months to get AOR itself let alone processing/approving applications. TR to PR was supposed to be "digitally" processed. But it looks more like PNP paper-based now, someone manually checking each detail submitted by the applicants.

sudhirdeshwal

Aug 5, 2018
Hi Everyone,
Hi , if you don’t mind, can please share more details such as : did you made any mistake during application submission such fee or any form related mistake, refusal etc.

Frisk

Feb 19, 2016
Toronto
Pace with which AOR is flowing, seems it will take months to get AOR itself let alone processing/approving applications. TR to PR was supposed to be "digitally" processed. But it looks more like PNP paper-based now, someone manually checking each detail submitted by the applicants.
PNP paper-based takes 6-8 months to get AOR right now, I'm 7 months in and counting.

intlala

Star Member
May 27, 2018
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
india
PNP paper-based takes 6-8 months to get AOR right now, I'm 7 months in and counting.
Good that you are in EE-CEC too. At least you have some visibility on what's going on with your app. We in tr-to-pr are flying blind.

shravan95

Star Member
Feb 2, 2019
if this is the case I might as well withdraw from the application, anyways I am gonna be eligible for CEC in September. It will be faster. My roommate got his COPR under CEC in 5 and half months

byqc

May 26, 2021
Hi Everyone,

Hello!
Thank you for sharing your info.
Can I ask on which date IRCC received your application, according to your AoR?
According to web info (website by a consulting firm and live session by a lawyer), the date of receipt is (mostly?) same as the date of being submitted, for online application. They say that IRCC receives applications on the almost the same moment as being submitted.

JALT

Nov 3, 2015
You have to think about what you are suggesting with entirely "digitally" processed. That would require the IRCC to have software capabilities to recognise 90,000 different handwriting styles for handwritten notes, various languages, evaluate 90,000 randomly written job reference letters match the NOC code etc... this is IRCC not Canadian Intelligence. Google have been working on this kind of thing for years and they have one of the biggest research budgets on the planet. It's bad enough trying to get the camera to recognise a cheque when making an eDeposit. The 'digital' part was making the application more like Express Entry where you can upload your documents via computer - as opposed to paper based where you had to mail in original documents and certified copies. But a human still needs to get involved and check that the information is correct, and they need to do this before issuing the AOR. If it was fully automated the opportunity for fraud would be immense. The IRCC have always needed original copies for security purposes but are testing various ways to make the process more computerised. They are a long way off a fully digital platform. The processing time is supposed to be similar to Express Entry, which is much, much quicker than paper based, so it's still way better.

intlala

Star Member
May 27, 2018
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
india
You have to think about what you are suggesting with entirely "digitally" processed. That would require the IRCC to have software capabilities to recognise 90,000 different handwriting styles for handwritten notes, various languages, evaluate 90,000 randomly written job reference letters match the NOC code etc... this is IRCC not Canadian Intelligence. Google have been working on this kind of thing for years and they have one of the biggest research budgets on the planet. It's bad enough trying to get the camera to recognise a cheque when making an eDeposit. The 'digital' part was making the application more like Express Entry where you can upload your documents via computer - as opposed to paper based where you had to mail in original documents and certified copies. But a human still needs to get involved and check that the information is correct, and they need to do this before issuing the AOR. If it was fully automated the opportunity for fraud would be immense. The IRCC have always needed original copies for security purposes but are testing various ways to make the process more computerised. They are a long way off a fully digital platform. The processing time is supposed to be similar to Express Entry, which is much, much quicker than paper based, so it's still way better.
Program like EE is far more digital where applications directly goes to GCMS. In tr to pr they have to import applications into gcms from this new portal. Who knows with all these applications full of flaws it won't be easy to import into gcms just like that. All these system integrations work according to certain data integrity standards. Express entry takes care of these data integrities upfront hence we get AOR within 24 hrs. IF user data is messed up (flawed pr applications) then the integration process goes manual (hence the delay). Without application in gcms, AOR won't be issued for sure.
Not sure if IRCC accounted for the fact that there will be pr applications with flaws and designed the system accordingly or even they are surprised to see so many faulty pr apps.

Ques - how IMM 5669 form data get into GCMS in tr to pr ? In EE , this data updated directly on a web page/form and goes into gcms when we submit ITA.
I hope IRCC is not seeing the forms with the human eye and typing the data manually into GCMS, that would be horrendous/primitive. :) Far from "digital".

JALT

Nov 3, 2015
Program like EE is far more digital where applications directly goes to GCMS. In tr to pr they have to import applications into gcms from this new portal. Who knows with all these applications full of flaws it won't be easy to import into gcms just like that. All these system integrations work according to certain data integrity standards. Express entry takes care of these data integrities upfront hence we get AOR within 24 hrs. IF user data is messed up (flawed pr applications) then the integration process goes manual (hence the delay). Without application in gcms, AOR won't be issued for sure.
Not sure if IRCC accounted for the fact that there will be pr applications with flaws and designed the system accordingly or even they are surprised to see so many faulty pr apps.

Ques - how IMM 5669 form data get into GCMS in tr to pr ? In EE , this data updated directly on a web page/form and goes into gcms when we submit ITA.
I hope IRCC is not seeing the forms with the human eye and typing the data manually into GCMS, that would be horrendous/primitive. :) Far from "digital".
Yes ok, I see your point. And I don't know why they created a separate (quite basic) portal for the TR to PR applications either, other than they didn't want to overload the main mycic portal. I think it will balance out though - in EE the AOR is issued automatically and so you get it within 24-48 hrs, but then a human gets involved and checks the documents afterwards. So your application can be returned even after you get your AOR. What I'm thinking here (hoping) for this system is that they are issuing the AOR after doing the basic document check so if you get your AOR then you've passed the first stage. The first stage takes longer (getting the AOR) but the second stage is therefore shorter.

And for the last part about manually inputting the applications into the GCMS - I hope not too!! That would be pretty dumb :) Although, they probably don't have to actually import anything. You are 'linking' your application in mycic but it doesn't mean all the information is in that database. It could just link to the database we originally entered our information into - and I'm talking about something I don't know very much about here I admit...

Reactions: Alberta2018

byqc

May 26, 2021
Yes ok, I see your point. And I don't know why they created a separate (quite basic) portal for the TR to PR applications either, other than they didn't want to overload the main mycic portal. I think it will balance out though - in EE the AOR is issued automatically and so you get it within 24-48 hrs, but then a human gets involved and checks the documents afterwards. So your application can be returned even after you get your AOR. What I'm thinking here (hoping) for this system is that they are issuing the AOR after doing the basic document check so if you get your AOR then you've passed the first stage. The first stage takes longer (getting the AOR) but the second stage is therefore shorter.

And for the last part about manually inputting the applications into the GCMS - I hope not too!! That would be pretty dumb :) Although, they probably don't have to actually import anything. You are 'linking' your application in mycic but it doesn't mean all the information is in that database. It could just link to the database we originally entered our information into - and I'm talking about something I don't know very much about here I admit...

>The first stage takes longer (getting the AOR) but the second stage is therefore shorter.

I think so. For TR to PR there is no need of confirming work hours etc., and no need of counting points. Actually, the fee is less than one for EE, implying that procedure is less complicated than EE.

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/fees.asp#permanent

For EE: 1325 CAD

https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/epay/order.do?category=10129

For TR to PR: 1050 CAD

Reactions: JALT