Leo0215

Feb 16, 2023
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CIO
AOR Received.
2023-04-24
Happy holidays everyone! Just want to ask if there is still anyone who has not received the PR confirmation. We submitted it on Mar 31, 2021 (essential worker), based on the feedback from one of assistants of MP, we passed eligibility and medical, but security and criminality is in progress (security was passed previously, but sent back for review for some reason). I already extended my PGWP once, and my wife extended her OWP as well; both of our permits will expire late 2024 and early 2025. I feel like this will take forever, and we will not be able to stay in Canada...
Did you try to contact MP and writ of mandamus?

naeem_engr

Feb 14, 2020
Same situation with me. Everything else passed just security in processing since March 2023. Contacted my MP too but not much help. "Your application is in processing, background check is done by third parties so there's not much IRCC can do about it. I'll give it a little more time". Also, applied for CBSA notes to see any progress but they're also stuck somewhere. I suppose
Majority of applications are stuck at background/security check and nothings moves forward especially if it's Whitehorse, nothing happening over there..

However, the question is how come security//background check and in fact whole PR application is completed almost within 6 months for CEC/express entry applications.. if the third party who is doing background check is same .. What I understand is that IRCC dont care about tr to pr processing, no check n balance of work performance, no accountability either of visa offciers.

Ka3ir

Aug 16, 2023
Majority of applications are stuck at background/security check and nothings moves forward especially if it's Whitehorse, nothing happening over there..

However, the question is how come security//background check and in fact whole PR application is completed almost within 6 months for CEC/express entry applications.. if the third party who is doing background check is same .. What I understand is that IRCC dont care about tr to pr processing, no check n balance of work performance, no accountability either of visa offciers.
Right, they don’t really care about tr to pr applications. Even if you see immigration level plan, tr to pr files are supposed to be processed this year, but they didn’t process and now in new plan, they moved remaining 3000 files to be processed in 2024.
Talking about security, the files which are stuck at security are in comprehensive security check most probably and don’t really know why they put files under this security check.

Ka3ir

Aug 16, 2023
I contacted MP first and one of her assistant replied to us. Since then I have been contacting this assistant for the last 1.5 yrs for updates. Never tried writ of mandamus. Does it work?
Writ of mandamus is for the files which have a timeline, but thanks to ircc, there is no timeline for tr to pr. Everyone have same answer. You ask ircc or you ask MP, they just have this answer, that tr to pr applications dont have a timeline.

naeem_engr

Feb 14, 2020
Right, they don’t really care about tr to pr applications. Even if you see immigration level plan, tr to pr files are supposed to be processed this year, but they didn’t process and now in new plan, they moved remaining 3000 files to be processed in 2024.
Talking about security, the files which are stuck at security are in comprehensive security check most probably and don’t really know why they put files under this security check.
where did you get this 3000 number? is it official ?

angiwww

Nov 25, 2021
With a long, long wait, it finally comes to an end.
IRCC allocated up to 3,000 TR to PR approvals in 2024, and here comes. I don't know if we should be considered lucky or unlucky, those early TR to PR approvals are already applying for their citizenship, but there are still thousands waiting...

Our security check lasted from late 2021 / early 2022 all the way till Dec 2023. The check was carried out by CBSA and CSIS, so there is basically nothing we can do. Once the security check ends, everything should go fast.

Submitted: July 30, 2021
BIL&ADR: Oct 21, 2021
GUs: Nov & Dec, 2021
GU: Dec 11, 2023
Final decision in progress: Dec 12, 2023
Portal 1: Dec 14, 2023 Etobicoke, replied same day
Portal 2: Dec 27, 2023 uploaded information same day
eCoPR: Jan 4, 2024

naeem_engr

Feb 14, 2020
With a long, long wait, it finally comes to an end.
IRCC allocated up to 3,000 TR to PR approvals in 2024, and here comes. I don't know if we should be considered lucky or unlucky, those early TR to PR approvals are already applying for their citizenship, but there are still thousands waiting...

Our security check lasted from late 2021 / early 2022 all the way till Dec 2023. The check was carried out by CBSA and CSIS, so there is basically nothing we can do. Once the security check ends, everything should go fast.

Submitted: July 30, 2021
BIL&ADR: Oct 21, 2021
GUs: Nov & Dec, 2021
GU: Dec 11, 2023
Final decision in progress: Dec 12, 2023
Portal 1: Dec 14, 2023 Etobicoke, replied same day
Portal 2: Dec 27, 2023 uploaded information same day
eCoPR: Jan 4, 2024
Why CBSA and CSIS are taking sooooo much time for background check for Tr to PR applicants, the process is very fast and quick for CEC/Express entry..