+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>> 2021 TR to PR Pathway AOR & Timelines <<<<<< Join here

zhangji80

Star Member
May 26, 2022
Today my Interim for TR to PR OWP will expire but they're still processing my OWP application.
Anyone know if I'm still implied status or not?
I need 2 pieces of ID for Driving test soon and I don't think I can use my expired PGWP anymore. The interim document for OWP under TR to PR expires as well. So, I don't know which document should I use for ID other than passport
We have the similar situation, my previous OWP was expired on Dec 31, 2022, I applied the extension on Dec 8, 2022(Thanks stupid IRCC didn't send me the auto extension OWP again.)
After I applied, my IRCC account received the file show me that I can work until April 8, 2023 while waiting.

Before April 8, it seems like I cannot get the OWP extension on time, then I called IRCC, they said that I can continue work until the OWP extension decision made. They send me a explanation email to help me explain this situation to anyone need it.

Protected A

Good day,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

Maintained status and authorization to work without a permit

We verified the information you provided and can confirm that your work permit application is still in process. If the letter we sent you when you applied online to extend or change your work permit is now expired and you haven’t left Canada, you have maintained your legal status as a temporary resident. You can keep working under the same conditions of your current work permit until we make a decision on your application.

Here is why the letter expires after 120 days:
  • This is the service standard to process this type of application, and
  • Many employers and health insurance providers will ask for proof that you’re allowed to work,
  • an expiry date helps satisfy their concerns about your status and authorization to work in Canada.
If your employer or others require proof that you can continue to work, you can show them:
  • This email,
  • The information on our website,
  • Your expired immigration document,
  • A copy of the Confirmation of Online Application Transmission message in your account,
  • Proof that you paid the fees, and/or
  • If you received a Request Letter from IRCC, a copy of that letter.
For more information on maintained status, we invite you to consult our website.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you:
Thank you,

Faithhh3232

Aug 30, 2018
Glad you already applied. That means you can still work under maintained status. I would continue to wait for PR &/or the OWP under TR to PR because if your passport is valid past December 31, 2024, you will receive your OWP out to that date according to the policy. On the other hand, the PGWP extension would be 18 months from the date of its approval, again assuming your passport is valid out to the end of that date. So personally, I would wait until closer to the end of this year but before December 31, 2023, and then decide to apply if PR hasn’t come yet or if it looks like you can get an extra 6 months out of the this PGWP program. Best wishes!
Hi CherAmie,
Thank you so much for your very detailed explanation, I am grateful.

July14

Apr 27, 2023
You need to see your GCMS notes, but I can't say this enough, knowing the location of where your account is processing provides you with little to no additional or useful information, EXCEPT that if you know your file has been transferred to a regional office then it is likely that you are closer to PR completion.

Generally all of our accounts start or started in Sydney for loading into the GCMS system and then are sent to Whitehorse for processing, and then, when they are at or near completion, they get sent to a regional office like Calgary, Vancouver, Brampton, etc. Other areas may assist Whitehorse, like Background Checks done by CBSA or batch Medical updates based on new policies coming in from Ottawa, etc.

If you want to order GCMS notes for this or other reasons, I've posted these instructions before on this thread:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/2021-tr-to-pr-pathway-aor-timelines-join-here.731318/page-1853#post-10422240

Best wishes!
Hi CherAmie, Thank you for your responses, really appreciated!
I applied for GCMS notes by following your given instructions. Do you have any idea in how much time they will provide info?

Reactions: CherAmie

CherAmie

Mar 23, 2022
I applied for GCMS notes by following your given instructions. Do you have any idea in how much time they will provide info?
It’s hard to say, but mine arrived in 3 weeks last November.

fukahachiru

Star Member
Jul 23, 2020
I applied for it 1st time in Jan 2023, nothing so far. Applied 2nd time in 10 April 2023, nothing either

Reactions: CherAmie

maxiie

Champion Member
Jul 21, 2021
Category........
Other
App. Filed.......
15-07-2021
I am thinking that it seems like all the application of TR2PR under normal processing time are all done, or will be done soon.
I mean, so far, if someone's application still waiting there, it could go into the enhanced background check process, which means could be 2 - 8 month more.
Is there any application still waiting for eligibility?
yes my eligibility and security both have not yet started

Reactions: lunatic

Eddy17

Star Member
Mar 21, 2022
Hi guys

I have a question my wife first Work permit was approved last year in august 2022 and the expiry date for that one was December 13, 2023 reason why she come Toronto with me in December 7, 2022 but before she come to canada with me I applied for my open work permit extension on date octubre 12, 2022 and I included her as a dependant and she was applying from our home country (outside canada ).

I sent a webform telling them my wife was already here living with me and updating her address with mine here in Toronto.

her work permit was approved and they requested her passport, we sent it and the send back to our address here in Toronto her passport with the visa and letter that say her work permit was approved, the issue and expiring date and also that she have to bring the letter with her to get the work permit by an officer in Canada.

I am confused now what can I do to get her work permit here in canada, or where can we go ?

Thanks for your help.