+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>> 2021 TR to PR Pathway AOR & Timelines <<<<<< Join here

CherAmie

Mar 23, 2022
Please anyone advise me on my reply to ircc about my marriage . It’s been a month , will it cause any issue if I reply now
It is unlikely to cause a problem if you are honest. Many people have gotten married during their application processing. I would notify them by replying to their email right away. No one can guarantee IRCC’s exact response but I have never seen a more forgiving program — people omitted documents, made errors on documents, submitted a friends document by accident, and were all given a chance to resubmit.

Ccltheo

Star Member
Oct 25, 2019
Please do anyone know the breakdown process for Outland dependant, because I have submitted my address and passport but I have not see or receive anything about my spouse.

kagawa

Star Member
Feb 13, 2021
i applied tr to pr with my spouse(he was in canada at the time of application), holding SOWP.
now he is in india but his SOWP expired August 2022.
should we wait for decision on tr to pr? he does not have trv.
Have you applied for a visitor visa for him?

CherAmie

Mar 23, 2022
i applied tr to pr with my spouse(he was in canada at the time of application), holding SOWP.
now he is in india but his SOWP expired August 2022.
should we wait for decision on tr to pr? he does not have trv.
I can see by your name that you applied July 16. There is a possibility that you could receive PR in the next month or two, however, you have other options as well:
  • apply for TRV so that he can wait in Canada while processing completes
  • apply for "OWP under TR to PR" which is also available for outland spouses
  • or both -- the TRV may get processed more quickly but that's a guess
Read this on IRCC's website:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/foreign-workers/special-initiatives-pilot-project/tr-pr-pathway.html

And these are the guidelines, read them carefully all the way through a several times:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/tr-pr-pathway/open-work-permit.html

The guidelines for 'OWP under TR to PR' are slightly different from a regular 'OWP' application, so read the details carefully. The 'OWP under TR to PR' guidelines will tell you to put certain answers into boxes that don't necessarily make sense but follow them anyway. Only follow the general OWP guidelines when the OWP under TR to PR guidelines do not tell you to do something else.

Best wishes!

Reactions: Jb24

CherAmie

Mar 23, 2022
I just got a second ghost update.

Application/Profile got updated but nothing got updated inside my account. Any idea what would this be???

thanks
It just means that someone is looking at or working on your file. However, if I can take a wild guess at the best possible spin at this stage in your timeline, let's hope that they just transferred your file to a landing office! :cool: And remember, you can get PR without anything updating on your account (frustrating, I know) but my Eligibility, Background & Final Decision didn't change until 3 weeks after I received the first PR email when I received the actual ECOPR. Best wishes!

Last edited: