+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>> 2021 TR to PR Pathway AOR & Timelines <<<<<< Join here

Eddy17

Star Member
Mar 21, 2022
Hello guys,
I applied on May 6th,2021 under the IG stream and I applied for my spouse as well.
Received the AOR on March 22nd,2022.
Looking at the trend it seems like they are working on June and July.
I don’t know what to do at this point cz calling IRCC isn’t working for me and I raised webforms as well but received the same generic reply.
I contacted the local MP as well and I was just told that we will look into it; haven’t heard back from them either.
Anyone applied for themselves and their spouse and received PR confirmation?
I just want to hold on to the hope that we will hear some positive news soon.
Same as me, still waiting for answers... make sure you make the payment for your wife !

Reactions: CherAmie

CherAmie

Mar 23, 2022
I got a ghost update. I didn’t get any email or anything. I was just checking my account. It said Application/Profile updated. There were no obvious changes to anything. Everything is still the same. No new messages. Just this ghost update. I don’t know what they updated behind the scenes.

Applied: July 09, 2021 (Stream B)
AOR, Link, Biometrics: June 08, 2022
Asked for PCC the same day.
Medical passed the same day and the changed to “no medical required.”

Eligibility: We are reviewing it.
Biometrics: Done
Medical: Do not need
Interview: Do not need
Additional documents: Reviewing (they are reviewing the PCC that I submitted in June 2022, they probably have reviewed it, just haven’t updated)
Background: Processing
Final Decision: We will tell you
I got a ghost update the same morning I later received the PR email. Nothing on my account actually changed, even now after receiving & completing the PR Portal -- it still reads the same as yours. I'm guessing you are very close. Best wishes!

CherAmie

Mar 23, 2022
@CherAmie it's been over 6 months since my AOR and yet they have not done anything regarding PR "standard time"
It appears they have changed their tactics now that everyone is basically 'late' by any standard they may have tried to set behind the scenes. It looks a lot like they've tried to go back to processing folks in approximate order but there are always a few files that aren't fitting the pattern and that may have to do with the additions of dependents, or other factors I won't guess about now. Based on the fact that many are getting PR now at about 11-12 from AOR, I guessed that I wouldn't get PR until April or May 2023 but actually got it last week (early?!!), on Jan 24, so it also looks like they're trying to pick up the pace with some dedicated processes, automation, agents, etc., and possibly reverting back to sequential processing by application date. I'm sure you're not far behind given that your application date & AOR is a little later than most of those who are getting PR recently. At least that's my hope for you! Best wishes!

Last edited:

CherAmie

Mar 23, 2022
I applied to TR to PR and still only have AOR. I was recently married and called IRCC and update my information with ircc as being married, do I have to add my wife to the application immediately? and would it be OK to delay adding her until a decision is made on her spousal work permit?
I don't want to hurt her chances with dual intent as I don't know how it works.
could someone help if they know, I am feeling lost.
Could I wait until like may for example and then submit the application. I don't care if I get my PR and then have to sponsor her later as long as we are together. please advise!
thanks in advance.
Technically speaking you are eligible to sponsor her now and I would if I were you. (One of the added benefits of her becoming a PR sooner is that, for example, her CPP contributions can start counting towards retirement benefits sooner.)

I'm not sure through which OWP process your spouse applied but if it was the "OWP for TR to PR Pathway" then there should be no issue -- from IRCC:

"When you can apply
If you have a valid work permit
You can apply up to 4 months before your current work permit expires. Your family members can apply at any time.
All other applicants and their family members
You can apply at any time if any of the following apply:
If your spouse applied for an OWP but not through "OWP for TR to PR Pathway", I don't see anyone else with that exact experience responding to your specific question, so I think you should take the time to call IRCC, and ask them what will happen to your new spouses OWP application if you add them as a spouse to your TR to PR application. I can't say for certain but I think it should still proceed but I would love to hear what IRCC tells you. Best wishes!

CherAmie

Mar 23, 2022
Guys- Once we receive the approval letter in our email then how much time do we have until we have to cross the border and re-enter? Like do we need to do it right away? and if we are not able to do it right away does that mean we are not able to work until that time period?
You can only work if you have 'maintained' status or a valid work permit, but if you have the PR email and respond quickly, get back to Canada quickly, the faster you will get the PR Portal, ECOPR and eventually the PR card. You can work with the ECOPR but not just the first PR email. So, you may need to be able to financially support yourself for a few weeks to a month or more, because that's how long it could take to get the official ECOPR.

There is no specific time limit stated in the email about getting back to Canada but I would get back as soon as possible (there may be some behind the scenes rules I'm not aware of). Reply to the email truthfully and then let them know when you arrive back in Canada so the PR Portal & landing process can resume. Best wishes!

When you get the initial PR approval letter it will ask you the questions below & it will look like this:

***CLICK REPLY TO THIS EMAIL WHEN RESPONDING***
Welcome to the Permanent Resident Confirmation portal process.
The attached PDF contains information regarding the confirmation portal process.
Next steps:
In your reply to this email, fill in the information for yourself and for each member of your family. If you are not sure of the exact date(s) of your entries to Canada, you can provide your best estimate.
As the principal applicant, you will act on behalf of your dependants. If you would prefer your dependants to have their own accounts, please indicate so in your reply to this email.

Name:
UCI:
Application #:
Email for the Permanent Resident Portal:
Original entry date (YYYY/MM/DD):
Date of last time you entered Canada (YYYY/MM/DD):
Location of where you last entered:
Are you currently inside Canada? (Yes/No):
If you are not inside Canada, when is your expected return date?:
If you are not inside Canada, please specify your current location (city and country):

If you cannot access online tools such as the portal, or if you experience any technical issues with the portal, please let us know by replying to this email.
This mailbox does not respond to any unsolicited enquiries, requests, or follow-ups.
For case status enquiries or any other questions about your application, please visit our website for Client Support Centre services:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/contact-ircc/client-support-centre.html

Thank you,
Calgary IRCC CGY4604
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
Government of Canada

Last edited:

amantharwani05

Jan 27, 2023
You can only work if you have 'maintained' status or a valid work permit, but if you have the PR email and respond quickly, get back to Canada quickly, the faster you will get the PR Portal, ECOPR and eventually the PR card. You can work with the ECOPR but not just the first PR email. So, you may need to be able to financially support yourself for a few weeks to a month or more, because that's how long it could take to get the official ECOPR.

There is no specific time limit stated in the email about getting back to Canada but I would get back as soon as possible (there may be some behind the scenes rules I'm not aware of). Reply to the email truthfully and then let them know when you arrive back in Canada so the PR Portal & landing process can resume. Best wishes!

When you get the approval letter it will ask you the questions below & it will look like this:

***CLICK REPLY TO THIS EMAIL WHEN RESPONDING***
Welcome to the Permanent Resident Confirmation portal process.
The attached PDF contains information regarding the confirmation portal process.
Next steps:
In your reply to this email, fill in the information for yourself and for each member of your family. If you are not sure of the exact date(s) of your entries to Canada, you can provide your best estimate.
As the principal applicant, you will act on behalf of your dependants. If you would prefer your dependants to have their own accounts, please indicate so in your reply to this email.

Name:
UCI:
Application #:
Email for the Permanent Resident Portal:
Original entry date (YYYY/MM/DD):
Date of last time you entered Canada (YYYY/MM/DD):
Location of where you last entered:
Are you currently inside Canada? (Yes/No):
If you are not inside Canada, when is your expected return date?:
If you are not inside Canada, please specify your current location (city and country):

If you cannot access online tools such as the portal, or if you experience any technical issues with the portal, please let us know by replying to this email.
This mailbox does not respond to any unsolicited enquiries, requests, or follow-ups.
For case status enquiries or any other questions about your application, please visit our website for Client Support Centre services:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/contact-ircc/client-support-centre.html

Thank you,
Calgary IRCC CGY4604
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
Government of Canada

Hi, Just wanted to ask, After we get PR, do We have to take an exit and get back to the country?
Is it true?
I saw some posts on this topic

CherAmie

Mar 23, 2022
Hi, Just wanted to ask, After we get PR, do We have to take an exit and get back to the country?
Is it true?
I saw some posts on this topic
No, you do not have to exit Canada & re-enter.

Just reply to the questions in the first PR email -- they're easy (see an earlier post above). Then you will receive the PR Portal email within a few days to a week. It will give you a temporary password for the new PR portal. You will then create a new password, sign out and sign back into the portal with the new password. Your representative cannot do this part for you. You must do it yourself. Then you will be asked to confirm your address in Canada (where they will eventually send your PR card), AND you will be asked to upload a digital photo of a specific pixel size range, under 4MB, for the card (and there are other requirements for the photo, too). You will have 7 days to respond to the Portal request. Here's a link with a bit of advance info on what to expect re: the portal process:
Best wishes!

Reactions: PR Dreamer

CherAmie

Mar 23, 2022
Hey Guys

Does anyone know, if the PR portal they send after getting PR in TR 2 PR is the same as the below link?

Sign in | Permanent Residence Portal (cic.gc.ca)

The problem is I already have an account in this portal and after getting PR, there can be chaos in how to create an account to link the application as they state they will send a username and password.
I did some checking and yes, the 'old' link you provided above is the same as the portal link I received on Jan 26. However, I don't know what happens if you already have an account linked to your same email from past/other PR processes. You can phone IRCC in advance of getting your PR email to find out what needs to happen about that old/earlier portal account or you could add a question about what to do when you reply to the first PR email you receive. Anyone with experience on how to deal with an old PR portal account linked to your existing email address?

Last edited:

Narender kaur

Star Member
Mar 3, 2022
Hi just want to share my timeline as I am reading the post and waiting for good news and congratulations to those whose wait has ended
Applied under B stream Non health essential on 16th July
Got Aor after a year in July 2022 linked file on same day and got GU on same date
In Aug got email to submit fees for spouse biometric which was done on same day
And got email we are reviewing your document.
After 2 months got BIL for spouse. In October biometrics done for spouse and was updated on account . I have asked for GCMS notes called MP from whom I got to know eligibility not started criminality in process medical passed . After a year got Aor after a year looks like will get PR why soo much time they are taking it’s now frustrating.