+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>> 2021 TR to PR Pathway AOR & Timelines <<<<<< Join here

CherAmie

Mar 23, 2022
Has everyone who are eligible for the automatic work permit got theirs yet? It’s seems like I’m the only one left who hasn’t received mine yet. When we finally get approved, can we do the other stuff without a valid status or I should just go apply for an extension before it expires December 31?
I would give IRCC until the end of November but then I would definitely apply before the end of December. And just checking:
Did you get the email in Aug saying you would automatically be sent new one? Is your contact info updated? And is your Passport about to expire? (That will limit how long they can issue the extension for up to a maximum of Dec 31/24.) Best wishes!

Last edited:

Ccltheo

Star Member
Oct 25, 2019
I would give IRCC until the end of November but then I would definitely apply before the end of December. No need to answer these online but just checking:
Did you get the email in Aug saying you would automatically be sent new one? Is your contact info updated? And is your Passport about to expire? (That will limit how long they can issue the extension for up to a maximum of Dec 31/24.) Best wishes!
So how do we answer the questions?

CherAmie

Mar 23, 2022
So how do we answer the questions?
Sorry, I intended that my questions in response to Ayothomas were meant as a reminder or checklist and that I wasn’t expecting a reply on each one—though of course he/she can. I’ve edited my original response.

HopefulCanadian!!

Feb 11, 2022
Hi guys,
I hope you can help me. So I was asked on schedule A if I had any serious mental disorder or whatever.
When I applied, I was fine but this process has taken a lot out of me and now I have been diagnosed with depression and anxiety.
I'm not sure if I should say yes or no, will it affect my application? Does it matter that my life being uncertain for the past year and a half led to this?
Please let me know
Thanks for your help

Reactions: PR Dreamer

Natty/@

Star Member
Jun 1, 2022
Has everyone who are eligible for the automatic work permit got theirs yet? It’s seems like I’m the only one left who hasn’t received mine yet. When we finally get approved, can we do the other stuff without a valid status or I should just go apply for an extension before it expires December 31?
Me too... I am a long-haul truck driver and I asked an officer on the Canada border last week about this situation. She told me just wait for it, when my current permit will be expired (31 Dec 2022) they will send the new one automatically by mail.

Last edited:
Reactions: CherAmie

CherAmie

Mar 23, 2022
Hi guys,
I hope you can help me. So I was asked on schedule A if I had any serious mental disorder or whatever.
When I applied, I was fine but this process has taken a lot out of me and now I have been diagnosed with depression and anxiety.
I'm not sure if I should say yes or no, will it affect my application? Does it matter that my life being uncertain for the past year and a half led to this?
Please let me know
Thanks for your help
If you passed your Medical, which it looks like you have, the exam performed at that time by a licensed doctor should be the basis going forward for determining Medical admissibility, unless a new exam is requested. I do not believe there is a requirement for you to offer up any new information because the IME is what they use to determine your admissibility. And even though its only my opinion, I do not think depression & anxiety would rise to the level of danger to public health & safety, or excessive demand on health & social services, but I wouldn't want to create uncertainty in the mind of an officer reviewing your file.

From IRCC's website:
"There are 3 possible reasons for medical inadmissibility:
In each of the 3 areas above, IRCC bases their decision on the results of your immigration medical exam.

And some additional info from https://www.temporaryresidentpermitcanada.com/medical-inadmissibility.php :
The definition of "excessive" demand "is generally considered anything that will be more expensive over a 5 to 10-year time frame than Canada's per capita health costs." And, "The Government of Canada has been discussing possible policy changes that would triple the annual cost threshold (currently about $7,000 per year) which could result in some potential immigrants, such as those with HIV, no longer being considered inadmissible to Canada due to the cost of their medication."

Anyone else with experience or additional advise in this area?

Last edited:

jeicie

Nov 10, 2021
I am also still waiting for mine, hoping to get it sooner, or better yet, just give us the PR approval so this long wait will be over. :)

maxiie

Champion Member
Jul 21, 2021
Category........
Other
App. Filed.......
15-07-2021
I assume we should be optimistic ... But the extension of WP to 2024 may not be a good sign. I just drop it :) Haven't checked my CIC account in ages. In less than a month would be my AOR anniversary lol . Everything is just as same as in December last year...
I been waiting for 1.5 year. But more than that I been here in Canada for more than 7 years now, I am losing it seeing my juniors & their juniors directly coming while I am still stuck

agrewal98

Star Member
Nov 13, 2021
"Application status is currently unavailable. Please check again later." Is it just a technical glitch or something else? What does that mean?

Raja1203

Star Member
May 9, 2021
"Application status is currently unavailable. Please check again later." Is it just a technical glitch or something else? What does that mean?
Mostly Technical Glitch! Even if you call to know status, Application not found was the answer as I jus checked!

Nov 23, 2022
Hi gang!

I lost my passport after receiving my workpermit which is set to expire in August 2023. I got a new passport last week and my question to y'all is do I need to contact IRCC and let them know that I received a new passport number. 2) do I need to change the passport number on my work permit expiring in 2023? Any advice will be appreciated. I did raise a webform, but I did not receive any response as such, ofcourse due to the high volume of queries IRCC is dealing with. Kindly advise next steps! Thanks.