+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>> 2021 TR to PR Pathway AOR & Timelines <<<<<< Join here

kagawa

Star Member
Feb 13, 2021
Hello everyone,

I reached out to my MP and got the following response:

Good morning, XXX

I hope that this email finds you and your family well. My name is XXX and I am the Caseworker at MP XX's office. I contacted IRCC this morning, on your behalf, and I received the following details from an agent.

TR-PR:

The agent informed me that a Withdrawal request was originally put through, however, it was an administrative error, on IRCC's end. They successfully reopened the file and resumed the assessments.**

- The application was received on May 06, 2021.
- The application is being processed in the Whitehorse, Yukon Territories IRCC office, here in Canada.

So far:
- Eligibility has not started yet.
- Criminality is now in progress.
- Security has not started yet.
- Medicals have not started yet.

TR-PR applications have no processing times. The reason for this is because they were temporary applications that were only offered for a limited amount of time, and there is no previous history to know how long the average TR-PR application takes to complete. Most TR-PR applications have not been completed and finalized yet, despite applying last year. They only began being assigned to officers within the recent months, because of major delays occurring at IRCC, with multiple crises occurring globally, on an Immigration scale.

**We can contact IRCC again in three months to determine if there are any updates by then (on or after February 15, 2023).** Please email me then, as a reminder, and I will then inquire with IRCC, on your behalf.**

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Also, I've applied for a BOWP as my PGWP expires in March, 2023 and received this letter from IRCC:

This confirms that your application has been received by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) on ____ (yyyy/mm/dd). Please attach this letter to your present work permit Number ____ as proof that you are authorized to continue working with the same conditions (ie: employer and occupation) until March 19, 2023 or until a decision is made on your application, whichever is first. This extended period of work is authorized as per subsection 186(u) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations. If you leave Canada before a decision is made on your application, you will no longer be authorized to continue working.

I'm going home for vacation on Dec 16th and my work is remote. Can I work in my home country until I get my BOWP, fly back to Canada and apply for a TRV? After getting both the TRV and BOWP, can I then leave again until I get COPR?

Kindly advice.

Reactions: PR Dreamer

CherAmie

Mar 23, 2022
Hi gang!

I lost my passport after receiving my workpermit which is set to expire in August 2023. I got a new passport last week and my question to y'all is do I need to contact IRCC and let them know that I received a new passport number. 2) do I need to change the passport number on my work permit expiring in 2023? Any advice will be appreciated. I did raise a webform, but I did not receive any response as such, ofcourse due to the high volume of queries IRCC is dealing with. Kindly advise next steps! Thanks.
You say you’ve submitted a webform but it’s not clear if you attached a copy of your new passport identification/information page or just asked a question about it. Send a letter explaining that you lost & have now replaced your passport (reference the old & new numbers), attach a copy of your new passport via webform. Also ask them if they will be sending you an updated work permit, or if there is anything else required of you. Reference both your TR2PR application & work permit numbers. Luckily you have time before your work permit expires and will hopefully have PR soon in the new year. Best wishes!

Nov 23, 2022
You say you’ve submitted a webform but it’s not clear if you attached a copy of your new passport identification/information page or just asked a question about it. Send a letter explaining that you lost & have now replaced your passport (reference the old & new numbers), attach a copy of your new passport via webform. Also ask them if they will be sending you an updated work permit, or if there is anything else required of you. Reference both your TR2PR application & work permit numbers. Luckily you have time before your work permit expires and will hopefully have PR soon in the new year. Best wishes!
Thanks, I haven't applied for TR2PR yet. I will apply for my PR in Feb/March when I complete 1 year of my Noc B job.
Yes, I did attach my new passport copies. Also, wrote to them the scenario. I look to call IRCC now. Hopefully, some clarity on what my next steps would be. Also, qq- my PGWP expires in August, 23. Do you think I am eligible to apply for a open work permit? What are my options here?

cantoxxyyzz

Star Member
Feb 12, 2022
Toronto
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CPC Sydney -> Whitehorse -> Calgary
AOR Received.
08-02-2022
Thanks bro. I hope you hear good news soon.
No, I have not received my eCOPR yet. Apparently, after Sep 2022, there were no eCOPR issued from the Calgary office.
My wife got hers because she came from outside of Canada but my portal says in review with IRCC for over a month now.
Thanks so much brother, I wish you will get your eCOPR as soon as before holidays season. As well I hope the Calgary officers will be back to work on our files be done before X'Mas. I just called to IRCC today asked for the virtual landings, she said all VO across country are currently cause of delayed experience as we all know =(

Good luck brother !

maxiie

Champion Member
Jul 21, 2021
Category........
Other
App. Filed.......
15-07-2021
Hello everyone,

I reached out to my MP and got the following response:

Good morning, XXX

I hope that this email finds you and your family well. My name is XXX and I am the Caseworker at MP XX's office. I contacted IRCC this morning, on your behalf, and I received the following details from an agent.

TR-PR:

The agent informed me that a Withdrawal request was originally put through, however, it was an administrative error, on IRCC's end. They successfully reopened the file and resumed the assessments.**

- The application was received on May 06, 2021.
- The application is being processed in the Whitehorse, Yukon Territories IRCC office, here in Canada.

So far:
- Eligibility has not started yet.
- Criminality is now in progress.
- Security has not started yet.
- Medicals have not started yet.

TR-PR applications have no processing times. The reason for this is because they were temporary applications that were only offered for a limited amount of time, and there is no previous history to know how long the average TR-PR application takes to complete. Most TR-PR applications have not been completed and finalized yet, despite applying last year. They only began being assigned to officers within the recent months, because of major delays occurring at IRCC, with multiple crises occurring globally, on an Immigration scale.

**We can contact IRCC again in three months to determine if there are any updates by then (on or after February 15, 2023).** Please email me then, as a reminder, and I will then inquire with IRCC, on your behalf.**

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Also, I've applied for a BOWP as my PGWP expires in March, 2023 and received this letter from IRCC:

This confirms that your application has been received by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) on ____ (yyyy/mm/dd). Please attach this letter to your present work permit Number ____ as proof that you are authorized to continue working with the same conditions (ie: employer and occupation) until March 19, 2023 or until a decision is made on your application, whichever is first. This extended period of work is authorized as per subsection 186(u) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations. If you leave Canada before a decision is made on your application, you will no longer be authorized to continue working.

I'm going home for vacation on Dec 16th and my work is remote. Can I work in my home country until I get my BOWP, fly back to Canada and apply for a TRV? After getting both the TRV and BOWP, can I then leave again until I get COPR?

Kindly advice.
Hey firstly congrats to your team on the win. Secondly, bloody these useless VOs working in Whitehorse gobbling additional premium they get to work in Northern province & still mfs can’t do their fkin job

Reactions: waitingforPR123

CherAmie

Mar 23, 2022
Thanks, I haven't applied for TR2PR yet. I will apply for my PR in Feb/March when I complete 1 year of my Noc B job.
Yes, I did attach my new passport copies. Also, wrote to them the scenario. I look to call IRCC now. Hopefully, some clarity on what my next steps would be. Also, qq- my PGWP expires in August, 23. Do you think I am eligible to apply for a open work permit? What are my options here?
Glad you’ve already submitted your new passport info. I thought that because you are asking questions in this discussion thread, that you had a TR to PR application in progress already from 2021 which is specifically called the “TR to PR Pathway” and was a special immigration pathway opened on May 6 and closed on Nov 5, 2021. Many of us are still being ‘processed’ in 2022 & soon into 2023. There is no new program announced yet. However, there are other paths for temporary residents to become permanent residents — you will have to review which one suits you best &/or you might consult an immigration representative if you need help deciding. There are other discussion threads on this forum where you can ask questions about EE, CEC, PNP, FSW … and other programs. Regarding extending your PGWP permit, you have some time before Aug 2023. I am not aware of any new announcements yet, and the most recent extension was announced in Aug 2022 for PGWP permits expiring before Dec 31, 2022. Details here:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/notices/measures-post-graduation-work-permits-temporary-resident-permanent-resident-pathways.html If there are future, PGWP extensions, they may or may not be similar to this last one. And depending which PR stream you eventually apply under, you may be able to apply for a Bridging Open Work Permit.
If you haven’t already, sign up for Canada Visa’s newsletter & review IRCC news releases for updates.

Last edited:

Wpiumi

Star Member
Sep 23, 2021
My OWP application has approved. I had received a correspondence letter from IRCC.

Thank you for everyone. Especially Maxiie and CherAmie who give me helpful comments.
Hi dear when did you applied?
I got mine which I applied April 19 and got Approval September 1 but I applied for my Spouse June 13 and still no updates. Thank you

Ayothomas

Dec 11, 2019
I would give IRCC until the end of November but then I would definitely apply before the end of December. And just checking:
Did you get the email in Aug saying you would automatically be sent new one? Is your contact info updated? And is your Passport about to expire? (That will limit how long they can issue the extension for up to a maximum of Dec 31/24.) Best wishes!
Yes I got the email August, every other thing good on my end, my passport will expire 2025. According to what MP told me I should get approved for PR before the work permit arrive, that was two weeks ago, she said I should come back January if nothing happens. Still patiently waiting though. Thanks

Reactions: CherAmie

WaiterForEver

Star Member
May 20, 2022
A while back I found & posted a table reviewing 2021 performance in one of IRCC’s reports showing a ‘Service Standard’ target of 6 months for TR2PR but nowhere else have I seen a policy, guideline, notice or anything backing that up since then. I suspect (only a guess) it was an early target for 2021 but they had to abandon the idea.

IRCC can ‘meet’ 80% processed service targets by trying to process 80% & then switching to other backlogged lines to keep them balanced at or near 80%, while the remaining 20% are somewhat invisible & languish until an automated ‘due date’ puts them back in play, whether or not the applicants file is ‘complicated,’ which is supposed to be the logic for a file going past the Service Standard, not lack of processing resources.

On a more positive note, from IRCC’s website:

“Work is currently underway to identify admission and final decisions targets for 2023. These targets will need to be strategically set to address the inventory backlogs that will remain at the end of 2022.
* Special focus should be given to PNP, TR2PR and Refugee Resettlement.”

This was reported in July 2022 in preparation for setting new TR to PR Targets (plus a High & Low range) in the forecast update they provided Nov 1, 2022, for 2023 & 2024.

I think we are on the cusp of a big push to complete TR to PR early in 2023 but then again, that’s just a hunch. Best wishes!
Confirming the initial 6 months service time target for TR to PR: I recall before program starts I was consulting with an immigration lawyer. He said a representative from ministry announced in a townhall meeting to a group of immigration lawyers and consultants that this program will be fast and target is to process files in six months or so. I also believe 6 months was initial time line but then the second lock down landed and messed up everything.

Reactions: CherAmie

Sahil098

Oct 13, 2022
URGENT QUESTION!
I APPLIED FOR TR TO PR AND TODAY I ALSO RECIEVED INVITATION TO APPLY IN EXPRESS ENTRY AND IN EXPRESS ENTRY THEY ASKED 1) HAVE YOU EVER APPLIED FOR PERMANENT RESIDENCY BEFORE .
Can anyone tell me about that

Reactions: Raja1203

Raja1203

Star Member
May 9, 2021
URGENT QUESTION!
I APPLIED FOR TR TO PR AND TODAY I ALSO RECIEVED INVITATION TO APPLY IN EXPRESS ENTRY AND IN EXPRESS ENTRY THEY ASKED 1) HAVE YOU EVER APPLIED FOR PERMANENT RESIDENCY BEFORE .
Can anyone tell me about that
GC KEY isn't allowing add express entry profile as we have applied for TR2PR. Can you please share how did you add?