>>>>>> 2021 TR to PR Pathway AOR & Timelines <<<<<< Join here

maxiie

Champion Member
Jul 21, 2021
Category........
Other
App. Filed.......
15-07-2021
Hey guys. Is it okay to leave Canada until I get PR?
I've been unable to work since this January (I currently have a closed-work permit and I my employed decided to fire me)
and back then I thought it wasn't a big deal. I had money, and a faith that I'd get my PR soon.

However, It's almost been 12 months since I lost my job, and I am on the verge of spend all of the money I had.
So I am thinking of going back to my mother country. That way I can make money to sustain myself til my pr gets approved.

I know that now TR to PR applicants can leave Canada before the final decision.
But I am not sure if I can still get my work permit (the new one that I've applied 7 days ago) from outside Canada.
(My current closed-work permit expires on Jan.02.2024 so I wasn't eligible for the 'free open work permit invitation'.)
(It's just funny how a couple of days could screw my entire plan. Only if I got the open work permit IRCC once distributed
I wouldn't have to go through this)

What would you do if you are in my situation?
Should I give another shot waiting for 3-4 months more hoping for either the final decision or my new work permit to be made?

It's just crazy how everything turned to be going south. On May 2021 by the time I applied for TR to PR stream
I thought I was one of those 'lucky ones'. I never imagined it would take ridiculously long time.
For everyone who is still waiting for theirs, I hear you guys :(

Wasted money? It's all good. I can earn it back some day.
Wasted time? It's all good. I've spent 4 years in Canada but I had fun times that I don't regret.
I just freakin want to meet my family. That's all.

This shit is totally hard to understand.
I feel you. I didn’t get fired but my contract got over in end of March. Luckily for me I am on EI but my next EI is gonna be my last. & it’s irritating to not work since so long. Need social aspect & something to do too. I haven’t met my family since over 4 years. It’s getting really frustrating when I see ppl coming directly here from comfort of homes or some walking just pass the Roxham border while we just wait here endlessly. They should just fkin give a decision - Yes, No. Fuckin 15 months since PR & almost 4 months for WP. Atleast you’ve trv or you’re from exempt country. I foolishly thought I would get PR soon so didn’t even apply for trv, now I want to but these ppl haven’t processed my new WP. Fkin stuck in a limbo for so long. That’s why I get frustrated here with my comments so much

Ramin_eg

Jan 15, 2022
Hello,
Would you please someone tell me how can I apply for open work permit under tr to pr? How long that going to take to have one?

fife15

Oct 8, 2022
Hello,
I applied for OWP under TR to PR (my stream is FR Non-essential and got AOR in August 2022) last year and my current OWP is valid till December 31st, 2022. I applied for the extension when I had a valid wp for more than 4 months and I got a refusal letter because of this reason. I never received an email from IRCC for an automated extension and I thought my application would be approved since I am eligible to extend. Now, what should I do? Should I reapply since my current one will be expired in less than 3 months? And I saw a couple of ppl here who wrote they never got an email for an automated extension even though they are eligible. So I am frustrated and confused. Does anyone have any advice or any experience same to mine? I would appreciate any help and suggestions or sharing. Thanks a lot in advance.

Versha verma

Jan 16, 2020
Hlo.guys I came in april 2019 on nanny closed work permit .after that I applied my husband visitor visa (refused).then 2020 I applied spouse work permit (refused) .after in 2020 I applied my PR paper application .but still I didn't get any response rest application number. Then in july 2021 I applied Pr in health care stream in tr to pr .got AOR in November. Medical passed .RPRF fees submitted in décember 2021 .then long wait till today .can anybody tell me how.long I hv to wait for PR.i m so stressed cz of long distance relationship...I m going to mentally sick day by day in delaying application processing...plz help me nd reply me when should I expect my PR ...

Lily444

Sep 10, 2019
Hlo.guys I came in april 2019 on nanny closed work permit .after that I applied my husband visitor visa (refused).then 2020 I applied spouse work permit (refused) .after in 2020 I applied my PR paper application .but still I didn't get any response rest application number. Then in july 2021 I applied Pr in health care stream in tr to pr .got AOR in November. Medical passed .RPRF fees submitted in décember 2021 .then long wait till today .can anybody tell me how.long I hv to wait for PR.i m so stressed cz of long distance relationship...I m going to mentally sick day by day in delaying application processing...plz help me nd reply me when should I expect my PR ...
Plz call ircc n explain the same..hope they understand how much pain we are suffering each passing day since more than 1.5 years.

T0pubo

Dec 11, 2021
St. John's/Montreal
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-11-2021
Doc's Request.
14-03-2022
AOR Received.
14-04-2022
Med's Done....
03-11-2021
I feel you. I didn’t get fired but my contract got over in end of March. Luckily for me I am on EI but my next EI is gonna be my last. & it’s irritating to not work since so long. Need social aspect & something to do too. I haven’t met my family since over 4 years. It’s getting really frustrating when I see ppl coming directly here from comfort of homes or some walking just pass the Roxham border while we just wait here endlessly. They should just fkin give a decision - Yes, No. Fuckin 15 months since PR & almost 4 months for WP. Atleast you’ve trv or you’re from exempt country. I foolishly thought I would get PR soon so didn’t even apply for trv, now I want to but these ppl haven’t processed my new WP. Fkin stuck in a limbo for so long. That’s why I get frustrated here with my comments so much
I feel you. I too regretted not applying for a TRV when I had the chance.
You've gotta move on. Do some companies hire on implied status?

T0pubo

Dec 11, 2021
St. John's/Montreal
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-11-2021
Doc's Request.
14-03-2022
AOR Received.
14-04-2022
Med's Done....
03-11-2021
Hello,
I applied for OWP under TR to PR (my stream is FR Non-essential and got AOR in August 2022) last year and my current OWP is valid till December 31st, 2022. I applied for the extension when I had a valid wp for more than 4 months and I got a refusal letter because of this reason. I never received an email from IRCC for an automated extension and I thought my application would be approved since I am eligible to extend. Now, what should I do? Should I reapply since my current one will be expired in less than 3 months? And I saw a couple of ppl here who wrote they never got an email for an automated extension even though they are eligible. So I am frustrated and confused. Does anyone have any advice or any experience same to mine? I would appreciate any help and suggestions or sharing. Thanks a lot in advance.
Re apply for extension on the OWP. Call and explain your situation if possible.
If you had a PGWP after Sept 2020, you may be eligible for the automatic 18 month extension of that too.

T0pubo

Dec 11, 2021
St. John's/Montreal
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-11-2021
Doc's Request.
14-03-2022
AOR Received.
14-04-2022
Med's Done....
03-11-2021
Did you call about the PR paper based. I did my sister's paper based Atlantic homecare PR application in Jan 2021 and she was approved March 2022.
She used to call them very very often though.
At first, she needed to resend the payment receipt, and some other documents.

fife15

Oct 8, 2022
Re apply for extension on the OWP. Call and explain your situation if possible.
If you had a PGWP after Sept 2020, you may be eligible for the automatic 18 month extension of that too.
Thanks. I'll call them on Tuesday. I hope I can reach out. I am not sure if I am eligible for PGWP since I applied for OPW under TR to PR pathway before my PGWP expired. (I got my PGWP after Sep 2020).

The thing is why did not everyone get emails for the automated extension (who got OWP till December 2022 before under this policy)? I saw a couple of people write the same issue. My expectation was that they would cancel my application and extend my WP automatically. It is October and it does not make sense that they refused it. I am eligible to extend it so why I got a refusal no sense.

Wpiumi

Star Member
Sep 23, 2021
I applied my spouse work permit 13/07/2022
and I did not get any updates. but I got my work permit 01/09/2022.
anyone got spouse work permit under TR to PR program and how long I have to wait for the result
please reply thank you so much

Reactions: T0pubo

Lily444

Sep 10, 2019
I applied my spouse work permit 13/07/2022
and I did not get any updates. but I got my work permit 01/09/2022.
anyone got spouse work permit under TR to PR program and how long I have to wait for the result
please reply thank you so much
U should check ur home country owp processing time

Reactions: T0pubo

maxiie

Champion Member
Jul 21, 2021
Category........
Other
App. Filed.......
15-07-2021
This is for my OWP. Do others have same things for their work permit application? Like when tf are they planning to even open my file?

Review of eligibility
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility.
Review of medical results
  • You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
Review of additional documents
  • We do not need additional documents.
Interview
  • You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics
  • We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check
  • Not applicable.
Final decision
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

• Sad
Reactions: waitingforPR123

CherAmie

Mar 23, 2022
This is for my OWP. Do others have same things for their work permit application? Like when tf are they planning to even open my file?

Review of eligibility
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility.
Review of medical results
  • You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
Review of additional documents
  • We do not need additional documents.
Interview
  • You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics
  • We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check
  • Not applicable.
Final decision
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
The status of my OWP file is identical to yours.

Reactions: maxiie

T0pubo

Dec 11, 2021
St. John's/Montreal
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-11-2021
Doc's Request.
14-03-2022
AOR Received.
14-04-2022
Med's Done....
03-11-2021
Thanks. I'll call them on Tuesday. I hope I can reach out. I am not sure if I am eligible for PGWP since I applied for OPW under TR to PR pathway before my PGWP expired. (I got my PGWP after Sep 2020).

The thing is why did not everyone get emails for the automated extension (who got OWP till December 2022 before under this policy)? I saw a couple of people write the same issue. My expectation was that they would cancel my application and extend my WP automatically. It is October and it does not make sense that they refused it. I am eligible to extend it so why I got a refusal no sense.
I think you can apply for two work permits simultaneously.

The refusal might be because you applied more than 4 months before the expiry of your OWP. I understand that you have to wait until within 4 months of expiry to apply.